AEW Dynasty - April 21st

Supremo

• Paid Members

When it comes to, “dream matches,” I try my best to keep my excitement and expectations at a reasonable level. I don’t want another Okada vs. Danielson. Or a modern-day Edge or AJ Styles match at Wrestlemania.

But then they release a poster like this and I can’t control the hype. This is class!

IMG_8080.thumb.jpeg.7ea31b3c38dcde6e800949f69f691ab4.jpeg

Love the ferocity on Danielson’s face. Like to think he’s racing to knock a Peri Peri Chicken out of Will’s hands, to suggest a plant-based alternative.

The Title match had an equally as cool poster. Two bad ass, cool motherfuckers. The fucking lads. This needs to be Swerve’s moment.

IMG_8081.thumb.jpeg.a0b022515f7e3fc00af526ff40ad07ad.jpeg

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I'm sorry but I absolutely hate that Danielson Vs Ospreay poster, it's like the worst MCU fan knock up you'd see on twitter.

Works for me.

something something Storm Breaker something something

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Why is Yarnham behind them? Is someone coming in with a Bloodborne gimmick?

I was wondering why they were fighting in front of the whalebone arch in Whitby.

I have a half-arsed theory that All In did great numbers, so they tried again with WrestleDream and it didn't do what they wanted it to do because the interest wasn't there as it would be with a Wembley show. They didn't put World's End on either, if I recall correctly.

Shame ITV Box Office tanked as I'm certain snagging AEW must've been a big part of their strategy for that. They had at least one PPV on there, I'm sure.

5 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I have a half-arsed theory that All In did great numbers, so they tried again with WrestleDream and it didn't do what they wanted it to do because the interest wasn't there as it would be with a Wembley show. They didn't put World's End on either, if I recall correctly.

Shame ITV Box Office tanked as I'm certain snagging AEW must've been a big part of their strategy for that. They had at least one PPV on there, I'm sure.

ITV Box Office side I think helped get them on TV with them. Cheap filler content on ITV4 with the occasional bit of cashflow coming back through PPVs. As its not like ITV Box Office had much in the way of content. It was a handful of boxing matches. I think all 3 PPVs were on it before it closed. Double or Nothing getting the most promotion.

If there hadn't been the idea there could be a financial return from PPVs. I'm not sure they would have taken on Dynamite.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I’m not even sure that was the case. All In was on ITV4 and repeated again on ITV 1. WrestleDream only got the ITV4 treatment which I assume would be down to views.

But ITV Box Office was built around Boxing. AEW was just more content, but the boxing bombed to the point they felt it wasn’t worth keeping it open, AEW be damned. And it wasn’t a bad thing for us, because ITV Box Office only got you the PPV for the week. Fire/Triller you can go back and watch them whenever you want, much better value.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, no user name said:

£19.99 you robbing bustards. Thats only £7  less than the cheapest ticket at all in.  Better be good. 

What are you on about? This has pretty much been the standard PPV price across all wrestling events for about twenty years.