Trolling (UKFF and wider)

Chris B

Yehh I would say the vast majority of edits are just people realising their phones have auto-corrected something and their post no longer makes sense…that’s what I usually get.

a lot of this is a bit lost on me really.  Is it just one of the familiarity breeds contempt things where peoples traits have just grown under folks skin, or was there any actual calculated malicious intent there?

Well, this has been lovely to read!

In the last week on here I've been called a coward, a facilitator of sexual assault, a troll and now I find posters that I genuinely admire and enjoy contributions from think my posts are "those ridiculous high grounds and bullshit opinions".

It's starting to make me wonder if the UKFF is as friendly and inclusive as we pretend.  Imagine what you Paidos are saying about me in private ;)

In all seriousness, this is a public discussion forum, you are going to encounter opinions you disagree with, it doesn't make people bad or trolls or your enemy.  I appreciate deeply what @Chest Rockwell said above - you can't expect to agree with or even like everyone else on here but you can still treat people with respect. That's classy.

I'd also gently remind people when they're calling people out here that there's a person behind the screen name.  People might have stuff going on in their lives, health issues, personal issues, divorces, whatever.  If I'm being completely honest, it's one reason I'm not a fan of the UKFF forum awards as we're still voting people the "worst" this or that.  It's meant to be in good humour, but it probably stings quite a bit.

For those of us who've been on this forum for 20+ years I imagine we're all quite different, more grown up people now.  20 years ago the TWCF forum was certainly a place for forum wars, pCc v Paidos, all that nonsense.  I remember UKFF versus the original Wrestling Channel Forums.  A lot of nonsense, most of it almost certainly light-hearted but still, pretty stupid.  I absolutely said some stupid shit on here I'm sure. Some of the posters I would have gone 10 rounds with in those days, like, @Supremo, I now regard as one of the best contributors here.  Even when I don't agree with them.

But we're still on this forum because we all still watch wrestling.  Let's talk about, and disagree about that.  And talk and disagree about off-topic stuff if we can without getting personal.  At the very least, keep the personal bitching to PMs!

@neil somewhat prosaically, the thread was called UKFF Member Watch.  I'm afraid a reach-around isn't on the cards, mainly because I'm not sure my wrists are up to it these days.

I wish everyone a great rest of the weekend.  And this last bit was my edit @SuperBacon

Edited by Loki
To annoy SuperBacon

If I make an edit it's because I'm on me phone and I type stupidly fast.

I'm not entirely sure what's going on here, but I enjoy being on here a lot more than years ago when I was far more immature and took everything to heart because I was terminally online. Also when I've genuinely felt really unwell people have been proper nice and supportive. I only really post on a few on topic pages but I enjoy the discussion. It also feels less cliquey to me but maybe I've got my blinkers on or just ignorant to it all. I wasn't on the TWCF so I'm clueless there.

I think it's a shame if people don't get on or are being shites. Didn't we lose or close the MH thread back when because of that?

I think you're all grand and all have lovely bottoms.

Edited by Chili
Wouldn't you like to know 😘

15 hours ago, Loki said:

I'd also gently remind people when they're calling people out here that there's a person behind the screen name.  People might have stuff going on in their lives, health issues, personal issues, divorces, whatever.  If I'm being completely honest, it's one reason I'm not a fan of the UKFF forum awards as we're still voting people the "worst" this or that.  It's meant to be in good humour, but it probably stings quite a bit.

This all day long. I’ve read some pretty shitty comments from certain forum members over the years that I’d class as bullying. Some aimed at me, some aimed at others. At the end of the day, we’re human beings who deserve to be treated with respect. If a person wouldn’t make certain comments to another’s face, then don’t make those comments online either.