Trolling (UKFF and wider)

Chris B

4 hours ago, Chris B said:

it strikes me as worth reminding everyone that there are also people on here that aren't operating in good faith and just enjoy winding you up

If you hadn't already noticed that or think it's limited to the members of the latest secret forum, you're numpting my friend. This is the internet. There are also people on here who meet up in real life. Fuck knows what those conniving fuckers are up to.

Edited by King Coconut

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Joe Blog said:

So are the three mentioned in the OP the ones doing it or were you just using them as an example @Chris B? Sorry it i’m being dense here. 

That's why I'm assuming this is coming from some sort of weird grudge from someone, because the TWCF (if that's what's being referred to) had tonnes of members back in the day, including loads who posted and still post here, so its very odd those three would be singled out. 

EDIT: To be clear, I meant grudge from whoever's stirring things in Paid, not Chris. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, gmoney said:

so its very odd those three would be singled out.

I suspect it's because he associates each of those three with one of these trademarks he mentioned:

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

So yeah, those repeated jokes, those interminable responding-by-breaking-posts-into-multiple-quotes, those ridiculous high grounds and bullshit opinions? None of them are in good faith.

If a fourth participant over there happened to have a trademark trolling characteristic over here, I imagine that he and it would've got a mention, too.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, gmoney said:

How does Loki fit in with that? 

I can't speak on Chris's behalf but I suspect you've carried out the same process of elimination that I have to pair off two names and two trademarks, leaving Loki and "those ridiculous high grounds and bullshit opinions". So that, I presume.

Edit: Chris is a friend in real life and has informed me that my speculation of three names and three traits means one apiece isn't correct. Loki doesn't get the tag about "ridiculous high grounds and bullshit opinions".

Edited by Ronnie

• Moderators

I frequently don't agree with Loki's opinion but I can't recall any that have felt inauthentic and I'm confident enough in my judgement to be satisfied with that. At least not in off topic anyway. I don't spend quite as much time in on topic so can't say what he might be posting there.

The other two are definitely on the wind up and it didn't take a revelation of a secret forum to figure that out.

So I'm struggling to see how this really changes anything in a way that is worth the upset caused by stirring the pot. 

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Right fuck it, seeing as we're getting things off our chest (ahem)

I absolutely hate edited posts where people do not make it clear just what bit they've edited or added. I hate it. And I've done it myself, but it feels...I don't know. Not sneaky, but something shit.

There. I've said it. 

Oh, and you're all cunts obviously.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I absolutely hate edited posts where people do not make it clear just what bit they've edited or added. I hate it. And I've done it myself, but it feels...I don't know. Not sneaky, but something shit.

I'm a sod for this, but it's 99% of the time because of a typo.

1 minute ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

I'm a sod for this, but it's 99% of the time because of a typo.

It's just me don't worry. I have zero issues when people point out what they've edited or you can see its been done straight away. It's such a minor thing I am sure no one gives a shit but I feel better :)