Trolling (UKFF and wider)

Chris B

• Paid Members

Fuck it.

So, turns out a few of our more tedious posters have a secret forum called 'UKFF Wankers' where they coordinate trolling to try and wind people on here up. And it's been going for over 15 years, since the TWCF days.

If you've ever felt like you're in a circular conversation on here, with someone who seems to be deliberately trying to wind you up, while someone else jumps in to tell you you're being unreasonable? That's probably intentional. There's clearly been a bit of a badge of honour in winning failed comedian or white noise of the year as a result.

So yeah, those repeated jokes, those interminable responding-by-breaking-posts-into-multiple-quotes, those ridiculous high grounds and bullshit opinions? None of them are in good faith. They just know it winds up or upsets people on here. So, hat tip to Loki, David and Houchen for doing what is either a frankly incredible piece of long-term performance art or is just a sad weird club out of habit.

Because people on here have shared so much personal stuff and genuine beliefs, it strikes me as worth reminding everyone that there are also people on here that aren't operating in good faith and just enjoy winding you up, making you feel bad about enjoying things, or making you feel stupid while you're engaging in good faith.

Yes, there's a certain irony in this info coming to light in Paid. But fuck it. Everyone knows how to join that. And everyone knows it exists.

And it's clear some people felt nervous about talking about this in case that group found out, and frankly, I feel nervous about posting this. And that's stupid because it's a fucking wrestling forum, and we're all in our fucking 30s and 40s, and I cannot be arsed with trolls and bullies.

To give this an actual reason for a thread, feel free to talk about excellent or terrible trolls you've experienced or heard about.

Update: If you're reading this for the first time, this is an update and further context - and one that hopefully evens some of this out a bit.

Edited by Chris B

• Paid Members

Well said Chris. I don't wish this to turn into a pile on, so this is my proposed course of action. I've had one of the Secret Sealions on ignore for a while and I shall add the other two and move on about my day. The rest of you do as you do as you feel and I hope you all have good days. 

Wait a minute. People actually coordinate being tedious and annoying? And I've been working on my own all this bloody time? Fucks sake.

In all seriousness, I've assumed over the years that a lot of us have grown up and become adults with families and that the majority of what is said on here is decent and in good faith. And that it may go a little far occasionally but on the whole we're not deliberately being cunts. Overusing jokes or having different senses of humour? Sure, but never with any malice behind it.

But if there is some weird shit going on then that's very disappointing. This is literally the only forum I use anymore. Multiple times a day because there's a great range of people, opinions and genuine discussion and humour. If it was full of actual cunts I'd not bother.

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

Yes, there's a certain irony in this info coming to light in Paid. But fuck it. Everyone knows how to join that. And everyone knows it exists.

To be honest that was always my worry about joining Paid. I wasn't sure if it was just where everyone slagged people off in secret and that wasn't really something I wanted to see.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

To be honest that was always my worry about joining Paid. I wasn't sure if it was just where everyone slagged people off in secret and that wasn't really something I wanted to see.

It’s nowhere near that exciting.

Also, just to confirm although Chris described the individuals are tedious, I am not one of them, even though I fit the criteria.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Oh dear.

There once was a forum called TWCF which had a crossover with this place, as the legacy of The Wrestling Channel Forum.  It’s been almost dead for the past two decades apart from a very occasional chat about this place and some personal chat between long-standing friends.  We’re talking dozens of posts a year.

There were also forum like Real In Memphis or I believe there is a paid forum here where some members discuss other posters on here in private?  Is that still active?

There’s no giant conspiracy.  There are plenty of members of this forum who  still have accounts there and, I presume, still have access.  Including some current or possibly former mods.  If they wish to “expose” it on another private forum that’s their decision and probably says more about them to be honest.

I can only speak for myself as ever, but everything I post here is my personal opinion, and indeed I refrain myself from engaging with the more argumentative and aggressive posters here regularly because I dislike the pile ons and antagonism.

I will assume that those of you talking about posters like myself in Paid aren’t engaged in some coordinated trolling.  Or on WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook and whatever other ways people interact.

Edit: this would have been a cracking wheeze 20 years ago when @neil was resetting the forum to be pro pCc or whatever.  But in 2024?  This is someone’s attempt to sow division here for their own amusement.

Edited by Loki