Reigns/Cody - How Will It Go?

Frankie Crisp

What’ve you got?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Awards Moderator

As much of a lapsed fan as I am, I’m absolutely loving this lead-up to the big one with Roman and Cody. Regardless of how they got there, they’ve hit the jackpot with the build and I’m really loving the discussion on here.

So we can revisit this on the morning of 8th April when I’ll be celebrating 11 years of no Thatcher, how do you see this going? Fantasy book the hell out of it, if you want.

It’s Rock costing Roman for me.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

I do very much believe Cody will win, but agree with you @Frankie Crisp I'm enjoying seeing all of this, and also just how much they can chuck at it.

I want everyone involved and a million run ins and false finishes. If they are going down the avenue of The Rock genuinely helping Roman, then I want an Austin run in.

But I reckon The Rock betrays Roman and can't see anything past a Cody win.

Having said that, I genuinely fear for Supremos health if he doesn't. Someone get an emergency contact just in case.

spacer.png

I'm leaning towards;

Jimmy comes out, Cody fights him off...

Solo comes out, Cody fights him off...

Heyman tries to get involved, Cody fights him off...

Rock comes out, and as Roman pleads for help, Rock stalls and watches Cody finish the story.

Cody gets a clean heroic victory, Rock gets to be a good guy again, and all roads lead to Rock/Roman at Summerslam.

I'd quite like it if the ghosts of Christmas past all got involved as quasi-lumberjacks to help Cody finish the story though. Jey offsetting Jimmy, KO/Sami fighting off Heyman/Solo. Then when the Rock doesn't save Roman, he can come down and break up the Jey/Sami/KO/Cody party... only to shake Cody's hand and raise his arm.

Basically, none of the scenarios I'm keen on involve Seth Rollins.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

My personal preference; Cody fights off Jimmy, Solo and The Rock to pin Reigns clean as a whistle. Nothing else will do! The Rock costing Roman would take the shine off Cody a little too much for me. 

The next Raw/Smackdown Reigns bollocks the Bloodline for failing to help him. Jimmy and Solo take their bollockings like the lapdogs they are but The Rock tells Reigns to get fucked jabroni and hits him with the Rock Bottom. Rock/Reigns for Summerslam. 

Cody moves into a feud with Kane or whoever. :( 

I think there's more chance of me leaving Wrestlemania weekend as WWE Champion than there is of Rock leaving it still a heel, so I think the standing and watching it happening - betraying through inaction - is as good as it gets. 

Cody still pulls the sword from the stone (good metaphor @Chili) but we get The Rock back on the side of the angels and they can start planning for Rock/Roman.

• Awards Moderator

There needs to be loads of run ins and other shenanigans, all leading to Cody winning clean in the biggest “thank goodness for that moment” of all time.

But I’m still worried they’ll just have Roman win clean. Genuinely don’t know if I’d rather just read the results afterwards, watching it might be too nail biting.

Will this be on night two? Just I’m meeting up with Frankie and Butch then and look forward to annoying them all night with constant questions like “Who is he, why do they hate each other” like I’m the girl from Outnumbered. 

• Paid Members

After all the run ins an exhausted Cody finally gets the pinfall on Roman as Heyman weeps at ringside and Super Rock holds Solo and Jimmy at ringside to prevent them interfering. Cody clutches the title whilst still on his knees, crying like someone who got a negative forum award... But what's this, why if it isn't Damien Priests music. Here he comes, briefcase in hand, dragging a referee to the ring. It's cash in time. The bell rings, Priest hits his finish on Cody and goes for the pin. 1... 2... 3... but the bell doesn't ring. Priest looks around confused, the ring announcer says that Priests name isn't on the contract. R-Truth jumps the barrier, slides on top of Cody 1... 2... 3... we have a new Champion. Truth celebrates as Priest fumes, Truth had switched contracts and Priest had never checked after winning it. 

Post Mania we get Truth/Priest feud for the title, Rock/Cody v Roman/Solo with Jimmy getting the boot from the Bloodline. 

I'm just setting my expectations low to avoid disappointment.