Reigns/Cody - How Will It Go?

Frankie Crisp

What’ve you got?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gets to the same point as last year, two Cross Rhodes, sets up the third, Solo gets on apron to hit the spike only for Seth or someone on Team Cody to stop him sparking a melee. Roman tries to take advantage but misses the Superman Punch, Cody gives him a flip, flop and fly, points to above and hits the Bionic Elbow followed by a third Cross Rhodes for the win as Rock watches on

2 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Gets to the same point as last year, two Cross Rhodes, sets up the third, Solo gets on apron to hit the spike only for Seth or someone on Team Cody to stop him sparking a melee. Roman tries to take advantage but misses the Superman Punch, Cody gives him a flip, flop and fly, points to above and hits the Bionic Elbow followed by a third Cross Rhodes for the win as Rock watches on

"My work here is done..."

"But you didn't do anything?"

"Didn't I? ((Fades out of existence))"

Bollocks.

I've worked out how it actually ends.

Everything I said before, Rock watching on and not helping Roman etc, but as Cody celebrates in the ring he looks back at Rock who's up on the ramp and The Rock does that awful thing he does where he sort of arrogantly smiles into the middle distance and points at the goosebumps on his arm.

Quick pan to Gerwitz who's holding a sign saying 'plan all along #goosebumps' and cut.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Quick pan to Gerwitz who's holding a sign saying 'plan all along #goosebumps' and cut.

As I’ve said elsewhere, I’m convinced his “chapter one” comment will lead to Reigns vs Rock in Saudi or at SummerSlam and schedule and fitness permitting, Cody vs Rock at Mania 41.

Do you know one of the key tells that this wasn't the plan all along? The nervous breakdown Rock continues to have across all his social media platforms where whether its in his own posts, or comments on others, he feels the need to really stress to people that it's a character and he's still really a lovely guy.

4 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Do you know one of the key tells that this wasn't the plan all along? The nervous breakdown Rock continues to have across all his social media platforms where whether its in his own posts, or comments on others, he feels the need to really stress to people that it's a character and he's still really a lovely guy.

Which is what has convinced me that this has to be a swerve where he costs Roman in the end. Because I don't think he could actually cope with people being angry at him for a sustained period of time.

Cody is on the verge of winning, when Solo tries to interfere. But then Brandi comes out and stops him. Jimmy tries to interfere, but Tony Khan has allowed Goldust to have a brief hiatus to help his little bro win the day. Then Heyman tries to interfere, but Pharaoh shows up and chases him away. Cody finally wins and Dusty’s ghost appears in the sky like Mufasa. Fireworks go off, everyone celebrates except for Pharaoh, who’s terrified. 

Rock, Kevin Owens, Randy Orton, Sami Zayn and Seth Rollins come out to raise Cody on their shoulders. But they all rightfully spurn Rollins and he cries in the corner. 

The show finishes with Arn Anderson taking the title away from Cody at gunpoint.

Edited by Chest Rockwell
Sniff

• Paid Members

Brock Lesnar storms the ring carrying a briefcase. Nobody makes any attempt to explain where he got this briefcase, or why the ref is allowing him to “cash it in,” but an impromptu triple threat lasts about 6 seconds when Lesnar plants Cody with the F5 and pins him to win Romans belt. Paving the way to the slow crawl to the match we all want - a re-unification match, Lesnar vs Reigns IV, at Mania 42.

Although its clearly not happening, I really want The Rock to stay heel for for a bit after Mania.

Just a chaotic ending with everyone costing everyone which allows Cody to eventually pin Roman clean.

Rock and the Bloodline to a job on Reigns after Mania as he failed his job as Head of the table, Cody-Rock Summerslam & Rock/Reigns at Mania 41 with Roman as the returning babyface.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

Rock and the Bloodline to a job on Reigns after Mania as he failed his job as Head of the table, Cody-Rock Summerslam & Rock/Reigns at Mania 41 with Roman as the returning babyface.

It's a good idea if the toll things are taking on Reigns means he wants to pack it in not too long from now. Let him be a babyface people actually cheer for at last before he winds it up. As long as it works, of course.

Although the above scenario also seems to expect, having stepped down from the top spot for Mania 40, Rocky has two consecutive high profile jobs on the biggest two PPV of the year. "Doesn't work for me, brother", the ghost of Hulk Hogan seemed to whisper out of Dwayne's mouth. Which confused everyone in the room, as the Hulk hadn't passed on. But you know what I mean.

• Paid Members

I'm in two minds - one of them looks at how quickly and awkwardly they pivoted back to Cody/Reigns when people rejected Rock/Reigns and thinks that they'll follow that up and have Cody win reasonably clean, with a little assist from The Rock, as I don't believe The Rock stays heel past the RAW after Wrestlemania. On the other hand, though, they want to do Roman Reigns vs. The Rock, and I don't see them doing it anywhere but Wrestlemania - and as much as that match doesn't need the title (and arguably would be worse for having it involved), the WWE approach is often to try and make the match as big as possible, and you do that by throwing title belts on top of it.

So if they want to get to Roman vs. Rock for the belt at Wrestlemania, that's Roman retaining this year, facing The Rock (and likely winning next year), and not losing the belt until Wrestlemania in 2026. By which point Cody had better hope that he's still relevant and there's no shiny new toys that people want to see win the Rumble that year.

I definitely think Roman Reigns turns face once it's all done - maybe I'm wrong and they run Rock/Roman somewhere other than 'Mania, let's say at Summerslam; I expect that's with babyface Rock and heel Roman, and Roman takes some time off afterwards, and returns as a babyface in time for the following Wrestlemania.

I'm hoping the match starts, then The Rock's music hits, Cody looks up at the stage like the distractable Muppet that he is, allowing Roman to hit the Spear. 1-2-3 in under 30 seconds. Then Triple H comes out, Pedigrees Cody on the stage, says, "that's for the throne, bitch" and throws him in a big box marked "AEW", never to be seen again. Then Rock heads to the ring and we get the proper WrestleaMania 40 main event of Rock vs. Reigns.

Of course, none of that is happening. Cody wins, with The Rock turning back babyface and somehow helping, but not directly influencing the finish- like Goldberg interfering in Eddie vs. Brock. Then Cody's the man, everyone's happy... until 3 months later when everyone's sick of him and posting "LOL Super Cody".