It's Wrestlemania Season

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Hopefully in the same vain as Cena, Edge, Rock and Austin, it’s a custom and instead of the WWE logo, it’s his tattoo. Big and gaudy. 

Would love a more traditional belt to be introduced. I don't even care if it's not the golden eagle at this stage but the WWE belts have been crap for 20 odd years now. 

He managed to get them to bring back the old IC title belt so you never know. In relation to that, I saw Cody post this..

I also saw that he tagged WWEShop and Prime in it which soured it a bit for me. Prime really must have their claws in pretty deep with this sponsorship deal.

• Paid Members

As someone on here who's been a huge Cody fan since around the time of the first All In (I wasn't that interested in his original WWE run, ironically, I didn't think he had it as a singles wrestler), as you may imagine I was quite emotional watching this. I went to Wrestlemania last year in the hopes of seeing him win it in person, and even though I can't say I was there when he did win, it was so perfectly told that I didn't care. Teared up when Brandi came out, punched the air when Big Patch John's music hit, even popped for Taker in his skivvies. I was blubbing at the end. Wrestling, eh?

Loved all the little touches. My favourite small note that I'm not sure I've seen anyone mention was Roman doing the Cross Rhodes for a two and then saying something like "that moves sucks, doesn't pin anybody" only for him to be pinned by it in the end.

• Paid Members

IMG_8010.thumb.jpeg.476ba806da186421765f81c0cda71d9e.jpeg

Saw this mock-up floating around online. Wouldn’t be against it. Certainly better than what we currently have.

Like everyone else, I was disappointed it wasn’t Stone Cold instead of The Undertaker, but then I realised Steve has a much more important job. Right now, only he can determine whether this was a good Wrestlemania or not. Send THE MAN to get THE ANSWERS from Samantha Irvin.

IMG_8005.jpeg.1e1a5e71ac51803b6be3533f3be6989f.jpeg

“I’m seeing Cody raise the belt in a sold out Lincoln Financial Field. Big pop. Seventy thousand plus. I’m hearing your voice break. I’m seeing you wipe away some tears. But I’ve got to know…are you workin’ or are you shootin’?”

Also, special shout out to the fella who during the live advertisement of Slim Jims, when everyone else was taking a normal bite, he decided to deep throat his instead. Camera man couldn’t cut away quick enough.

IMG_8009.gif.e0e90788e387d2945000fe08e78cc959.gif

Blood, swearing, deep throating Slim Jims. The PG SUX lot must be over the moon right now. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Lenin said:

Would love a more traditional belt to be introduced. I don't even care if it's not the golden eagle at this stage but the WWE belts have been crap for 20 odd years now. 

I would too. I was just joking. There’s this photoshopped one of Cody with the winged eagle belt. And it looks great on him. I always loved the original undisputed title and wish that never went away. 

IMG_0906.thumb.webp.8c3a61766c67ab9fab9110330c0132dd.webp

You know what I didn't have an issue with a second of Night 2 but all the crying and heartfelt speeches need to go. I can buy that someone would legitimately be emotional at the exciting thing with people you know unfolding in front of you, but all the talk and focus after, OOHH SAMANTHA SHE WAS CRYING HEY CRYING GET IT ON YOUTUBE AND SOCIAL MEDIA, FUCKING CRYING DID YOU SEE THE CRYING they have to turn into 'moments; just stinks. Everyone crying on cue, everyone going OOH CRYING when someone cries, the reposts of photos of people crying with your own caption about how you're crying. Come on!

Edited by Cannibal Man

I’ve said it once but I must of watched that clip of cole saying he loves pro wrestling about 10 times today gives me chills because deep down we all love pro wrestling we stuck through the shit we had week in week out from mania 31 till now constant fuck the fans till now.

all about pleasing the fans as much as possible long may it continue I mean people who slipped away from watching seem to be slowly dragged back in by the product.

The difference in commentary in modern WWE is mad, too.  Me and a mate watched a lot of mid 2000s WWE a few weeks ago and the first thing thats impossible to ignore and not be constantly assaulted by is the commentary reading like a script rehearsal where Wikipedia is the dialogue and you get an electric shock to the balls if you stop talking. Nothing breathes and none of it sounds human. Like a human version of those WWE documentaries where they can't let a single conversation happen without loud fucking heavy metal. Commendable that they've turned it around into genuinely quite good that fast and I can only assume it's because they haven't got a sex criminal yelling at them any more.

No comparison, even McAfee was tolerable. Good work.

8 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

The difference in commentary in modern WWE is mad, too.  Me and a mate watched a lot of mid 2000s WWE a few weeks ago and the first thing thats impossible to ignore and not be constantly assaulted by is the commentary reading like a script rehearsal where Wikipedia is the dialogue and you get an electric shock to the balls if you stop talking. Nothing breathes and none of it sounds human. Like a human version of those WWE documentaries where they can't let a single conversation happen without loud fucking heavy metal. Commendable that they've turned it around into genuinely quite good that fast and I can only assume it's because they haven't got a sex criminal yelling at them any more.

No comparison, even McAfee was tolerable. Good work.

I tried watching Punk/'Taker back last week because they chucked it up on YouTube and I was shocked at how awful the commentary was. 

It's like a reversal of that "You don't know how much of a good thing you have until it's gone" mentality.

I knew it was bad at the time. It was a pubic domain opinion on WWE. We all agreed it was bad. But watching it back now - with it finally, officially being a bygone era - it's crazy how much it dragged its arse across the carpet of one of the matches I thought was a high point of those years. And I realised with a genuine pang of pity for the guy that my fixed image of Cole for all those years involved no movement because he wasn't permitted any. Hunched shoulders, focussed voice, taking a constant bollocking on the cans. He was like one of those greyscale, plugged-into-the-system slave people you see depicted for dramatic effect on conspiracy videos. JBL to the right delivering the big "We hate our audience" lines. King to the left doing his passionless face thing. 

Can you blame any of them for emoting? Of course it's all real. Anyone within shouting distance of gorilla's going to need talk therapy until at least WrestleMania 50. They probably have a dart board with Satan's face on it on the way out the curtain. People have probably been sneezing as a joke in booking meetings for months now. 

The issue with the strap is they purposely designed it as a “get the badge in” belt so they could get their logo everywhere when they present it to people. I can’t see them steering too much from that in this current “branding is everything” world so any amendments will be slight.

Slightly off-track but in an attempt to digest anything WM related, I’ve just put latest episode of The Bump on which was done today.

I’ve lasted about 10 mins because good god some things can’t be made to look good in the ‘new era’.

The hosts - Megan Morant & Sam Roberts - were clunky, awkward, often cringey. And Liv Morgan who’s just come out as first guest was hardly convincing when talking about the Styles/Knight match.

Off switch: pressed

Edited by SpykeDudlei1

That main event was a real life version of that excited Vince meme really wasn't it. Only they're finally able to book shows everyone can enjoy and not just that old bastard.

Knackered now though. Thought I'd be skipping through night 2 but ended up watching the whole thing and the press conference, and then read 10 pages of arguing about crying. I didn't film my tears so I assume that passes the genuine test.

Honestly thought it couldn't get any better and then I read Scorchy isn't watching anymore? Best few days ever!