It's Wrestlemania Season

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Loki said:

Dustin was there!  Gutted that WWE and AEW don't have enough of a relationship to sort out a one-night pass for him to appear. 

Didn't Punk say in that interview last week that they've allowed people to appear on WWE? I couldn't think who he was referring to. Still can't really.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Is that bloody QT Marshall at the back? What a worker that man is. 

He's Cody's business partner in the training school isn't he? Imagine they're close mates too, so not shocked he was there. 

Edited by mim731
Adrenaline in my soul, fixed a typo in my post

Just now, mim731 said:

He's Cody's business partner in the training school isn't it? Imagine they're close mates too, so not shocked he was there. 

He's class, too. Totally understands how to be a lower/mid card heel.

2 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’m actually interested in how this affects him. He’s got serious justification of a heel turn here if they so desire. Cody owes him the world.

Would love this to be a catalyst for Seth to finally find a character that suits him. He fell on his sword for Cody and the greater good.

There is an interesting character in all of this for Seth to become, will they make him a bitter heel?

I hope they use it as a way for him to ditch all the outfits and daft cackling. He has interestingly ‘burnt it down’ in terms of the Bloodline but also he was a victim as well. For me I would love to see him own his past and talk about starting from scratch, let him claim to be the last member of the Shield and the Shield was always about fighting injustice which is what he did at Mania.

There was an interesting look that passed between Drew and Seth after the match, a mutual respect and understanding.  They're the workhorses, CM Punk and now Damien Priest have waltzed in.  Wonder if there's some sort of storyline brewing here.

RE: Samantha Irvin - Am I correct in remembering reading that she asks not to know the outcome of particular matches/surprise returns/etc so she can still enjoy the show like a fan? Hence why they have a camera pointing at her during big moments because she's the only one out of the commentary team and those guys who don't already know whats going to happen and can film her genuine reaction to it.

• Paid Members

I'll echo the love for the main event. It was pretty fantastic. I will admit I had gone off the product in recent times but will be tuning in to Raw tonight and am genuinely intrigued as to what they come up with.

Hope Damien Priest gets a decent run with the World title.

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

There was an interesting look that passed between Drew and Seth after the match, a mutual respect and understanding.  They're the workhorses, CM Punk and now Damien Priest have waltzed in.  Wonder if there's some sort of storyline brewing here.

I thought Drew - who I'm on record as having been iffy with in the past - was spectacular in that segment.

Upon winning the title the frustrations and anxieties and resentments of the past few months washed away, and he was able to feel appreciated and recognised and like he was where he belonged. For 2 minutes he was the archetypal babyface, a nod of respect to the opponent, the handing of the title to his wife... but, then, it just wasn't enough. How could he be properly appreciated or recognised whilst CM Punk was sat at ringside? And then all the bitterness came back, and he needed to rub it in Punks face before he could feel like a true winner.

He's a superb character. He can't clear the chips from his own shoulders, can't get out of his own way and he's on a spiral down to full madness.

Again, it's great stuff.

41 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Didn't Punk say in that interview last week that they've allowed people to appear on WWE? I couldn't think who he was referring to. Still can't really.

I guessed when he mentioned this, it was about Danielson, Jericho and Big Show appearing in video messages for John Cena’s 20th anniversary. I can’t think of any other examples of that and even that was nearly 2 years ago now.

54 minutes ago, Supremo said:

One of my biggest pet peeves - especially back when WWE was shit - was people posting stuff like this, finding logic, sense and through-lines where you knew for a fact WWE never intended. All those Twitter threads and YouTube videos about how Bray Wyatt’s Cinematic Universe made perfect sense and was full of clever references and foreshadowing that would definitely pay off satisfactorily, rather than just a pile of nonsense.

This Seth one actually works though. It got me. You can believe the same amount of thought has been put into it as to what the viewer has interpreted. Great stuff.

Honestly, it might be the biggest achievement of the weekend. I actually felt something for Seth Rollins! My least favourite wrestler, my least favourite character, but in the space of a weekend he had some actual development and a proper arc! I was rooting for the annoying dickhead. He sacrificed everything for the greater good. He did outsmart Roman by playing on his everlasting bitterness for how The Shield split up. Good grief. Amazing.

Seeing Seth cry* as he watched Drew raise gold, you almost believed it was an amazing reign that had come to a tragic end, rather than a bunch of bad, cackle-filled promos and average matches with Nakamura. I’m sure loads of people will claim Seth was buried this weekend, and especially that bit where Roman immediately chinned him during his run in, but genuinely it’s the best thing Seth has done in forever. I’m actually interested in how this affects him. He’s got serious justification of a heel turn here if they so desire. Cody owes him the world.

But yeah. No greater example of the mind-blowing euphoria that main event managed to reach that I honestly expected fucking Dean Ambrose to come out with Seth when The Shield’s music hit. Tony should have allowed it. He doesn’t deserve pro-wrestling.

*Not yet confirmed if Seth's tears were real. If confirmed fake, this obviously invalidates everything I've just said and makes everything rubbish.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5ghAxKgNIO/?igsh=MXEyMWZpbHY4aWN6YQ==

Amazing. 

Seth better turn heel. They’ve kayfabe made him look an absolute tit this whole mania. He’s eaten so much shit on the mic, when the top lads actually bothered to acknowledge his presence. He sacrificed his condition to help Cody and ended up losing his belt. Even after that he still took a Superman punch trying to help Cody. All of that and the only thing they’ve gave him is Diarrhea Dwayne. Heel him up fuckers.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Seth better turn heel. They’ve kayfabe made him look an absolute tit this whole mania. He’s eaten so much shit on the mic, when the top lads actually bothered to acknowledge his presence. He sacrificed his condition to help Cody and ended up losing his belt. Even after that he still took a Superman punch trying to help Cody. All of that and the only thing they’ve gave him is Diarrhea Dwayne. Heel him up fuckers.

He's the reason Roman lost though. Him taking the punch was for the greater good. I agree that he's a tit,  But he was the catalyst for the whole thing.

• Paid Members

He shouldn't be turning heel at all. It would be an easy, disappointing get-out. He should come out tonight and do an "Actions have consequences" promo about how all of what's happened with the Bloodline was his fault in the first place for when he broke up The Shield, and that last night was his apology for that.

And he should apologise to Reigns, too, because the Tribal Chief has a point, like all the best heels.