Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 23, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted February 23, 2024 1 minute ago, TibBo said: Do your folks have a bench on their front drive? Yeah. I don't think anyone's ever actually sat on it though as it's so old you'd be picking splinters out of your arse for a week. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted February 27, 2024 Posted February 27, 2024 My parents came round for dinner on Saturday night. My Dad was wearing a Disturbed 2023 tour t-shirt. I remember him saying that he liked their cover of Sound of Silence about 10 years ago, but thats it. I know he was wearing it purposely so I would ask him about it and he could pretend he's always been a fan despite the only music he has ever listened to is Dire Straits and Phil Collins-era Genesis. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 29, 2024 Members Posted February 29, 2024 Popped my old man big time today with two jokes I knew he would love. 67 yesterday. Went to the gym on his birthday and did a PB leg press. He was well chuffed. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted March 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 1, 2024 My son just asked if we can buy a “2D printer,” meaning a printer that prints on paper. Just in case you wanted to feel three million years old. Quote
Loki Posted March 4, 2024 Posted March 4, 2024 On 3/1/2024 at 6:32 PM, Supremo said: Just in case you wanted to feel three million years old Mrs Loki has a new colleague who just started. Mrs Loki mentioned that something hasn't happened "since the 2008 crash" to which the girl replied "I was three".? Quote
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted March 4, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2024 42 minutes ago, Loki said: Mrs Loki has a new colleague who just started. Mrs Loki mentioned that something hasn't happened "since the 2008 crash" to which the girl replied "I was three".? "Was anyone injured?" Quote
TibBo Posted March 4, 2024 Posted March 4, 2024 My WWF pencil case is older than some of our staff Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted March 4, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2024 Was doing 1-to-1 with a lad I manage last week and it became apparent he was at school when covid lockdown happened. Actual school. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted March 4, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2024 A few years ago when training a group of new starters I learned that none of them had heard of Jeremy Beadle. So old. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted March 4, 2024 Awards Moderator Posted March 4, 2024 We’re at the point at my work where there could be new starters who were born the year I started working there. Horrifying. Quote
Thefatduck Posted March 4, 2024 Posted March 4, 2024 The (figurative) toddlers I work with hadn't heard of: Bottom Blackadder The Young Ones Kevin Turvey Investigates Vic n Bob Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 4, 2024 Members Posted March 4, 2024 8 minutes ago, Thefatduck said: Kevin Turvey Investigates This "boomer" or whatever I am, hasn't either to be honest. Quote
Thefatduck Posted March 4, 2024 Posted March 4, 2024 (edited) this is 5 minutes well spent. Edited March 4, 2024 by Thefatduck Predictive tuxedo mistake Quote
Keith Houchen Posted March 4, 2024 Posted March 4, 2024 Said this before but that shouldn’t stop you. I was in the local supermarket and was wearing my ace Prince jacket. It’s a varsity style jacket in purple and white, and with the symbol thing as a logo (front and back). A teenage lad approached me and asked where I got my jacket from and how he thought it was cool because it was Prince. I thanked him and told him I’d ordered it from a certain website, the name of which escapes me now, he was chuffed with the information and said “Oh thanks a lot, pal, I’ll order one of them for Father’s Day, my dad will be well happy” Little prick. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 5, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 5, 2024 On 1/31/2024 at 7:02 AM, Gus Mears said: We went to hospital after a conker fell from a tree and broke his nose Sorry I missed this the first time but the inestimable @tiger_rick posting this in paido paradise has jogged a memory of a lad who i went to school with whose nickname was generally Monty, after Field Marshall Montgomery who he was obsessed with but who also known as Brittle Bone Boy. Monty would break bones on such a regular basis that he seemed to be in plaster more often than Bob Orton. For example playing football in PE one day Monty was in goal and at a corner where he along with the ball was headed into the goal, the clash of heads broke his cheekbone and as he fell to the floor he landed awkwardly on his arm breaking his wrist. Anyway back to the conkers. A group of us were throwing sticks into a tree to get conkers down. Monty threw a big stick in that nearly hit him on the way down, but what did hit him in the face was the half a brick that someone else had thrown in and had got stuck in the tree until Monty's throw dislodged it. A trip to the hospital to sort out his broken nose obviously followed. In the time we were at secondary school he must have broken at least two bones per year. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.