What's your family been up to now?

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, TibBo said:

Do your folks have a bench on their front drive?

Yeah. I don't think anyone's ever actually sat on it though as it's so old you'd be picking splinters out of your arse for a week.

My parents came round for dinner on Saturday night. My Dad was wearing a Disturbed 2023 tour t-shirt.

I remember him saying that he liked their cover of Sound of Silence about 10 years ago, but thats it. I know he was wearing it purposely so I would ask him about it and he could pretend he's always been a fan despite the only music he has ever listened to is Dire Straits and Phil Collins-era Genesis.

On 3/1/2024 at 6:32 PM, Supremo said:

Just in case you wanted to feel three million years old

Mrs Loki has a new colleague who just started.  Mrs Loki mentioned that something hasn't happened "since the 2008 crash" to which the girl replied "I was three".😢 

• Paid Members

A few years ago when training a group of new starters I learned that none of them had heard of Jeremy Beadle. So old. 

Said this before but that shouldn’t stop you. I was in the local supermarket and was wearing my ace Prince jacket. It’s a varsity style jacket in purple and white, and with the symbol thing as a logo (front and back). 

A teenage lad approached me and asked where I got my jacket from and how he thought it was cool because it was Prince. I thanked him and told him I’d ordered it from a certain website, the name of which escapes me now, he was chuffed with the information and said “Oh thanks a lot, pal, I’ll order one of them for Father’s Day, my dad will be well happy”

Little prick. 

• Paid Members
On 1/31/2024 at 7:02 AM, Gus Mears said:

We went to hospital after a conker fell from a tree and broke his nose

Sorry I missed this the first time but the inestimable @tiger_rick posting this in paido paradise has jogged a memory of a lad who i went to school with whose nickname was generally Monty, after Field Marshall Montgomery who he was obsessed with but who also known as Brittle Bone Boy. Monty would break bones on such a regular basis that he seemed to be in plaster more often than Bob Orton. For example playing football in PE one day Monty was in goal and at a corner where he along with the ball was headed into the goal, the clash of heads broke his cheekbone and as he fell to the floor he landed awkwardly on his arm breaking his wrist. 

Anyway back to the conkers. A group of us were throwing sticks into a tree to get conkers down. Monty threw a big stick in that nearly hit him on the way down, but what did hit him in the face was the half a brick that someone else had thrown in and had got stuck in the tree until Monty's throw dislodged it. A trip to the hospital to sort out his broken nose obviously followed. In the time we were at secondary school he must have broken at least two bones per year.