What's your family been up to now?

Devon Malcolm

2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

As an on/off smoker who has never been precious about brands, I'd like to know.

I'll buy a Berkeley or Sterling nowadays, and Richmonds back in the day. No shame in my game.

Currently they're some weird, thin, coloured ones that my dad got her from someone in the pub for cheap. But she goes through phases - Pall Mall, JPS, Mayfair, Winstons. They're one I remember her having in the past. She normally goes back to L&B for a bit every now and then when she wanted to play safe.

37 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

No, no ,no. You misunderstood me. Thats my mums tipple of choice.

My mum is the kind of woman that smokes one of those brands of fags that are usually kept on the bottom row that you never see anyone buy.

35 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

As an on/off smoker who has never been precious about brands, I'd like to know.

I'll buy a Berkeley or Sterling nowadays, and Richmonds back in the day. No shame in my game.

When I was a smoker, we’d always judge how close it was to payday in the works canteen by what we were smoking. Week 1 and 2 after being paid? B and H. Week before payday? Red Band. Last few days before payday? Rollies. 

Although, I used to put my Red Band in a Bensons (for smokes) pack to look flash until I got rumbled and shamed. 

• Paid Members

Before he quit, my dad smoked a variety - I always had B&H down as his definitive brand because those were the first I remember seeing him smoke. He later moved to Silk Cut, then rollies.

One day, back when I was in uni, I was in the back garden with a mate who was smoking Sovereigns. My dad comes out, sees the pack, says "Sovereigns? I used to smoke those at university. Can I have one?"

Not being a smoker, I didn't know until years later that Sovereigns are the choice of a dirty bastard.

My dad turned 87 last weekend.

Friday night he was off doing old people dancing about an hour away.

Saturday we had a meal out with him.

Sunday he was back off dancing up the country.

He has cancer in two places too !!

Edited by Browser Brady

My mum's been texting every 30 minutes or so since 6am because her IPTV provider got rumbled and her partner wants to watch the football. Told her that he can just come to mine to watch football/etc but he doesn't want to leave their house, asking for alternatives instead.

Does anyone have any non aids version of sites like the ones people like to Watch Wrestling on that I can pass on?

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

The what now?

Non aids = Sites that aren't spam/virus ridden and won't infect a recently retired persons computer with mid range virus protection on it. Can't be arsed dealing with having to fix a computer on top of everything else.