wordsfromlee Posted January 31, 2024 Posted January 31, 2024 2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: As an on/off smoker who has never been precious about brands, I'd like to know. I'll buy a Berkeley or Sterling nowadays, and Richmonds back in the day. No shame in my game. Currently they're some weird, thin, coloured ones that my dad got her from someone in the pub for cheap. But she goes through phases - Pall Mall, JPS, Mayfair, Winstons. They're one I remember her having in the past. She normally goes back to L&B for a bit every now and then when she wanted to play safe. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 31, 2024 Members Posted January 31, 2024 8 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said: Pall Mall, JPS, Mayfair, Winstons All perfectly dreadful smokes. Bravo. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted January 31, 2024 Posted January 31, 2024 37 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said: No, no ,no. You misunderstood me. Thats my mums tipple of choice. My mum is the kind of woman that smokes one of those brands of fags that are usually kept on the bottom row that you never see anyone buy. 35 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: As an on/off smoker who has never been precious about brands, I'd like to know. I'll buy a Berkeley or Sterling nowadays, and Richmonds back in the day. No shame in my game. When I was a smoker, we’d always judge how close it was to payday in the works canteen by what we were smoking. Week 1 and 2 after being paid? B and H. Week before payday? Red Band. Last few days before payday? Rollies. Although, I used to put my Red Band in a Bensons (for smokes) pack to look flash until I got rumbled and shamed. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 31, 2024 Members Posted January 31, 2024 I smoked Richmond Superkings at College as we didn't have much money, all my friends were rich and tight as, and they'd never ask for one, after the first time having one. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted February 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 1, 2024 Before he quit, my dad smoked a variety - I always had B&H down as his definitive brand because those were the first I remember seeing him smoke. He later moved to Silk Cut, then rollies. One day, back when I was in uni, I was in the back garden with a mate who was smoking Sovereigns. My dad comes out, sees the pack, says "Sovereigns? I used to smoke those at university. Can I have one?" Not being a smoker, I didn't know until years later that Sovereigns are the choice of a dirty bastard. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 1, 2024 Members Posted February 1, 2024 13 minutes ago, Carbomb said: Not being a smoker, I didn't know until years later that Sovereigns are the choice of a dirty bastard. My first smoke so yes this makes sense. Quote
Browser Brady Posted February 1, 2024 Posted February 1, 2024 (edited) My dad turned 87 last weekend. Friday night he was off doing old people dancing about an hour away. Saturday we had a meal out with him. Sunday he was back off dancing up the country. He has cancer in two places too !! Edited February 1, 2024 by Browser Brady Quote
CharlesTuckerTheThird Posted February 2, 2024 Posted February 2, 2024 Not much really, most of my brothers and sisters are doing the parent thing, one of my brothers runs an alternative barber shop and that's going pretty well, I offer him IT support now and again, my mum retired a while ago and is enjoying life with her two dogs. Pretty mediocre stuff, really! Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 2, 2024 Members Posted February 2, 2024 41 minutes ago, CharlesTuckerTheThird said: runs an alternative barber shop So a barbers that offers you a beer while you get your hair cut? ? Quote
CharlesTuckerTheThird Posted February 2, 2024 Posted February 2, 2024 11 hours ago, SuperBacon said: So a barbers that offers you a beer while you get your hair cut? ? Nah, more like mohawks, neon dyes and such. He's actually doing pretty well out of it. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 2, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted February 2, 2024 There's a barbershop in Stockport that has a game room in the back. One more reason for me to be annoyed at balding. Quote
Rule One Posted February 3, 2024 Posted February 3, 2024 My mum's been texting every 30 minutes or so since 6am because her IPTV provider got rumbled and her partner wants to watch the football. Told her that he can just come to mine to watch football/etc but he doesn't want to leave their house, asking for alternatives instead. Does anyone have any non aids version of sites like the ones people like to Watch Wrestling on that I can pass on? Thanks in advance. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 3, 2024 Posted February 3, 2024 8 minutes ago, Rule One said: any non aids version The what now? Quote
Rule One Posted February 3, 2024 Posted February 3, 2024 1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said: The what now? Non aids = Sites that aren't spam/virus ridden and won't infect a recently retired persons computer with mid range virus protection on it. Can't be arsed dealing with having to fix a computer on top of everything else. Quote
Rossman Posted February 3, 2024 Posted February 3, 2024 My dad decided after furlough ended and it was time to go back to work. He would rather retire as he didn't want to upset the dog. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.