Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Late to the party but I’ve finally got round to getting some pictures of trucks!

Here’s my Grandad with one of his tippers

FC635FFD-1AD8-4A42-8C02-F1D30AC5168A.thumb.jpeg.4981e3f8130735c2b043f3b0e6dd25be.jpeg

My Dads first truck parked in his driveway!

7CD41040-FD67-4A13-8CA1-AF0744E2AAC3.thumb.jpeg.ea89f927560acf6f9660a249d7bb0433.jpeg

And here’s the old man in his last truck

EE71A50C-9A5E-4F51-8E05-72252A2F21B4.thumb.jpeg.d4e56dd9fe7f943ec50cfe5676987906.jpeg
 

He loved the mixer, even better when Hanson’s IT system was shite and they constantly overpaid all the drivers.

Posted

My 13yr lad on his way home from Air Cadets last night spotted a large fire on a building site near our home and immediately called the fire brigade. Apparently it was the security guard burning some rubbish, but based on what we saw it rivalled many many decent bonfires on November 5th!

Oh and he's still selling tickets for his squadron's raffle 

www.gofundme.com/999-dunmow-district-air-cadets 

  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

So my mum has had a right arse on with my brother in law because he hasn't been answering her WhatsApp messages or answering her calls. 

This morning her phone rings and its his number. When she answered it wasn't him. It was a Scottish woman who sounded in a right arse herself and she wanted to know who she was ringing. 

It turns out my mum has been whattsapping and calling my brother in laws old number that has been reassigned to someone else, the lady on the phones fiance as it happens. She had thought that her fiance was cheating on her because he had loads of calls and texts from an unsaved number and she was about to call off the wedding, not that there was anything in the texts to suggest there was anything going on and he had never answered. Then the lady became suspicious that this was some sort of scam, but having spoken to my mum for a couple of minutes she soon worked out this was not the case. 

Anyway my mum now has a new Scottish friend because they got on quite well after it became clear there was nothing untoward going on. We have since checked my mums phone and buried in her many whattsapp messages is my brother in laws actual number. She switched to the old one in October for whatever reason, I'm guessing old age played a part she is 75. 

So that's been my morning. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 1/20/2024 at 8:00 PM, Wretch said:

My Ma’s up in court next week due to the fact she stopped paying her TV license, because in her own words, “I’m not giving them cunts (RTE) another penny”.  This is the conclusion of a cat and mouse game she’s been playing with the inspectors, or whatever you want to call them, for about six months or so. It came to light last year that our national broadcaster spent €5000 of TV licence payer money on flip-flops for their summer party and this was the old girl’s tipping point. 

Not entirely sure what happened in court, but she's now moved the majority of the living room contents to the empty downstairs bedroom at the back of the gaff, sofa and all. If you were to look in the front window, you'd be forgiven for thinking the house was empty. She took great delight in telling me how she was watching the inspector on the security camera peeking through the window before leaving again. Delighted with herself.

G'wan Ma!

  • Paid Members
Posted

Me and my two brothers chipped in to buy my mum an air fryer for her birthday back in July because she'd been unsubtly dropping hints about how much she really liked the look of the Ninja one in Currys with the two drawers for months and how it would make her life so much easier when she's cooking almost every day.

She uses it once every 2 weeks for chips.

  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

I genuinely can't remember the last time I went round to my parents' house and my mum didn't ask me if I watch Clarkson's Farm.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I genuinely can't remember the last time I went round to my parents' house and my mum didn't ask me if I watch Clarkson's Farm.

Was it while GB News was on in the background? Anyone I hear of watching one watches the other.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Was it while GB News was on in the background? Anyone I hear of watching one watches the other.

No, Top Gear. So more or less the same, then.

  • Paid Members
Posted
19 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I've never met anyone who admits to watching gb news.

Partner's dad had it on when we went round just after Christmas. Luckily I could get him to turn over to the darts.

He's gone full mental over ULEZ, too.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I watch and thoroughly enjoy Clarksons Farm, but have never tuned into GB News and probably never will.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...