Good Wrestling Twitter 2024

SuperBacon

• Paid Members

Someone jumped on a months-old meme.

This was going around months ago, with people posting CGI renders of famous folk and then captioning it with “scientists have discovered what [historical person] looked like.”

2 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Someone jumped on a months-old meme.

This was going around months ago, with people posting CGI renders of famous folk and then captioning it with “scientists have discovered what [historical person] looked like.”

Yeah I thought I remembered it. Guess you just have to wait until enough people have forgotten it and then try it again. That's social media for you.

I'd never have said main event, but this Test look was the best he could have had. One of the worst "Gonna cut my hair and get short trunks" turns ever:

Never understood the dislike for Test that I've seen in places. Agreed cutting his hair was a disaster, but he could go when required. Test improved steadily until 2003 when he just seemed to lose form.

That big boot on Brock is an absolute thing of beauty.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Chili said:

Never understood the dislike for Test that I've seen in places. Agreed cutting his hair was a disaster, but he could go when required.

I really liked Test for the first 12 months of his run, he seemed to have all the tools ; he was big, agile, had a couple of big moves that really popped a crowd, and after leaving the Corporation was really popular. I genuinely thought he’d be a main event star and the match with Shane O at SummerSlam remains one of my favourite Attitude soap opera matches to go back and rewatch. When he was not on the card for Survivor Series and scuttlebutt was that Austin was in no condition to wrestle, I was convinced he would take part in the triple threat for hated enemy Triple H’s title.. maybe even win it, would have been perfect revenge. But he didn’t. The death knell for my hopes that he’d ever be allowed to get near that level was when it was Vince rather that him that went into Armageddon seeking revenge on Hunter for the rohypnotisation of Steph, and the notion that turning on her dad (babyface of two months) would make her more of a heel than turning on her fiancé never sat well with me. Rendered a pointless split as it was at Mania 16 in an awful moment of “are we sure Russo isn’t still writing it?” When they threw T&A together they may as well have stamped “DUD” on his forehead.

Without going into too much detail, as I’m more than capable of doing, he was then cursed with mishandling in a couple of ways. Worst of all, a couple of subsequent babyface runs it seemed they always turned him heel just as he was finding his groove again. Plus, they could never stick to a finish for him. I thought his pump handle powerslam was fine (though my favourite move of his was that gutwrench falling powerbomb), but they decided that him doing a top rope flying elbow was so visually impressive it had to be his finish. Then they replaced it with the boot, I’m guessing after one of his heel turns because heels can’t do anything that pops a crowd, right? Finally they tried the Test Drive, a move about 10 guys have tried in company history and only Cody has gotten over. I feel knowing what your finish is and sticking with it is vital to getting over as a threat ; it’s no coincidence HBK really stepped up once he started relying on the superkick to win every match and not going home with whatever flying elbow or piledriver he was in the mood for that evening. As for Test… losing to Stevie Richards all those times was the writing on the wall. A shame, he’d have slotted well back into Raw’s busy tag team scene at that exact moment. Replace “Garrison” Cade with him at Mania XX and tell me that clusterfuck wouldn’t have been more interesting?

His second run I barely recall except it was a perfect storm of injuries and broken promises. Another of wrestlings tragedies, in a twisted irony considering his “Mötley Crüe bodyguard” fictional backstory, it was heroin that took him in the end, though I don’t imagine the roids helped. A real shame, there were times (rightly or wrongly) I got the impression he was a good lad, the warmth with which he told the “I’ll tell them Test said to cancel the show” story would always come up when my best mate and I would have our fairly regular Owen reminiscence.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

This is wholesome...

https://x.com/SGWug?t=BoBZkv9nbNnRkL0bLgQhmQ&s=09

Link at the top is just to their twitter account. So much fun in these clips, quite touching too.

I love seeing stuff like this so much, where you can see the appeal of wrestling worldwide and the influence that WWE has, in particular.

BUMBASH!

Had a browse and this post just made me burst out laughing: