Good Wrestling Twitter 2024

SuperBacon

What was the deal with Alrbight then? Everyone only seems to talk about his UWF run, and in all these years Ive never heard anything about his AJPW run, which suggests it wasnt up to much. Looking at his Cagematch, he was wrestling the main men in AJPW in the mid to late 90s, which surely should have produced some great stuff, yet its never really talked about. You'd think wrestling people like Kawada in 95 would produce something memorable, but seemingly not.

Speaking of alternative realities, Ive just seen that in 1995, Albright and Hansen's third tag partner was RVD. Something extremely surreal about that visual.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Not to mention he was related to the Anoa’i family through marriage.

Never seen any of his All Japan stuff but I’m in the mood to give some of it a watch now.

And yeah, RVD in AJPW is something I always forget about. It’s that period in his career after the WCW ‘Robbie V’ stint but before his ECW run that’s always been a blind spot for me. Here’s Kawada taking his head off from that time period though…

IMG_9835.gif

Edited by wandshogun09

3 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Not to mention he was related to the Anoa’i family through marriage.

Never seen any of his All Japan stuff but I’m in the mood to give some of it a watch now. 

Is there a paid for service which streams the 90s AJPW stuff? Id be more than happy to pay a monthly subscription for that, rather than dig around my external hard drives for a pixelated .wmv file of the matches.

• Paid Members

I don’t even know. I’d guess a lot of it’s on YouTube so I was just gonna watch some stuff on there.

These matches were easy enough to find…

vs Kawada in October 1995;

vs Misawa in March 1996;

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Dai said:

Is there a paid for service which streams the 90s AJPW stuff? Id be more than happy to pay a monthly subscription for that, rather than dig around my external hard drives for a pixelated .wmv file of the matches.

There are some playlists on YouTube. There is a collection of Miracle Violence Connection tag matches. Reddit usually has links to other sites or external hard drives for AJPW. Just google All Japan Reddit and best matches or something of similar ilk. 

Edited by TheBurningRed

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 3/31/2024 at 11:19 AM, Dai said:

Bit late replying to this, but the answer's no. The TV network owns the rights to the footage and hasn't shown any interest in making it available in any way.