Good Wrestling Twitter 2024

SuperBacon

11 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Starting to think you are actually the legit Trump. Can’t say I will l miss the days of sexual predators running amok. 

What a strange thing to post. If you want to pretend that enjoying folksy language and condoning sexual impropriety are the same thing then be my guest, but don't try and pull me into your mucky bathwater. 

4 minutes ago, Donald J Trump said:

What a strange thing to post. If you want to pretend that enjoying folksy language and condoning sexual impropriety are the same thing then be my guest, but don't try and pull me into your mucky bathwater. 

The person in the video has a long history of getting pissed and sexually assaulting people, I wouldn’t say the waters are murky when there is direct correlation between the behaviour of the person in this video and direct sexual assault by the same person. 

Maybe we will all miss the days of Haku popping out and eyeball in a bar fight but to make that statement following a video of a known sexual predator was a bit off for me. 

30 minutes ago, Donald J Trump said:

We're really going to miss shit like that when it gone. We're already getting stories about people going for a workout then having a sleep on their bus. Give me a load of horseshit about somebody not being able to "draw money up north" anyday. 

spacer.png

Going for a workout and sleep on the bus sounds lovely. 

Wrestling's brilliant nowadays and a lot of the big stars in it seem like really nice people. I'll take that any day over the ye olde tales of psychologically repressed, drug addicted man babies.

Not only is the industry better off - still shit, but better off - but if you really do miss it there's quite literally an entire boring supplementary industry out there where you can listen to any number of these old farts talk about that funny time they knocked back a half litre of Jack and trashed the rental car. 

Obviously the world is a better place for wrestlers behaving like semi functional human beings but let’s not pretend we’re above twitching our curtains and cackling at the mad old bastards on their way out. 

7 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

The person in the video has a long history of getting pissed and sexually assaulting people, I wouldn’t say the waters are murky when there is direct correlation between the behaviour of the person in this video and direct sexual assault by the same person. 

Maybe we will all miss the days of Haku popping out and eyeball in a bar fight but to make that statement following a video of a known sexual predator was a bit off for me. 

That's fine, I'm relaxed about you thinking my comment was a bit off, he who'll miss acts of extreme violence. Just as long as we both know my comment has absolutely nothing to do with predatory sexual behaviour, and we do. 

5 minutes ago, The Gaffer said:

spacer.png

Going for a workout and sleep on the bus sounds lovely. 

Wrestling's brilliant nowadays and a lot of the big stars in it seem like really nice people. I'll take that any day over the ye olde tales of psychologically repressed, drug addicted man babies.

Not only is the industry better off - still shit, but better off - but if you really do miss it there's quite literally an entire boring supplementary industry out there where you can listen to any number of these old farts talk about that funny time they knocked back a half litre of Jack and trashed the rental car. 

Absolutely, give me a sleep on the bus any day. Can I just confirm though that my post is specifically in relation to the carny language Flair used in his tirade, as noted by the post proceeding mine. As you've described, and as I attempted to touch on in a very indirect and roundabout fashion in my post, there is a changing culture within the industry which has brought about many changes, and most of them for the better. Sure, I didn't focus on any of the positive changes, but I wasn't choosing my words carefully, it was just a light-hearted aside. I've always welcomed any developments that have positively improved the lives of performers in an industry of which I'm an avid consumer, whether it be more flexible working, more time off or a general shift towards better physical and emotional wellbeing. Horseshit carny talk is also on the wane, but I'll cope. Im just keen not to misrepresent myself here.

If I was inclined to seek out old farts telling stories, it would be the type of childish but altogether less problematic stories I referenced at the end of my post. "This person didn't draw, this person didn't want to do business, this person wasn't a good worker" etc. I have no interest in hearing about debauchery, substance abuse or anti social behaviour. Maybe I'll enjoy a bit of the psychologically repressed man babies, but I think we're some way off seeing the last of those. 

19 minutes ago, Donald J Trump said:

he who'll miss acts of extreme violence.

I think it’s fairly apparent I was being tongue in cheek with this.

If I have misinterpreted your comment then I do apologise, I do think Flair is an extremely problematic human and therefore any ‘the good old days’ style musings whilst he is involved in the discussion can indeed muddy the waters. 

I appreciate your apology. You're perfectly entitled to your view, and I respect that. I was concerned about the insinuation I felt I detected in your post but you've explained your position, I've explained mine and if we both understand each other, I'm happy to leave it there. 

6 minutes ago, Donald J Trump said:

I appreciate your apology. You're perfectly entitled to your view, and I respect that. I was concerned about the insinuation I felt I detected in your post but you've explained your position, I've explained mine and if we both understand each other, I'm happy to leave it there. 

This is really fun if you read it in Trumps voice :)

• Paid Members

I NEED to see him whooo in an old blind lady’s face.  Pure mid 80’s JCP.  Hope he did that little dance after it and elbow drop his coat.