The Traitors UK discussion thread *SPOILERS*

RedRooster

• Paid Members
On 1/14/2024 at 6:57 AM, RedRooster said:

Initially, I thought they made a mistake recruiting Miles instead of her, but no one has even contemplated the prospect of Miles being a traitor, although that might change after the poison chalice fiasco; if they’re told the traitors acted in plain sight. 

I think the chalice thing is going to come down to how long they were spending time together for, compared to what we saw edited. If they went on to have a few more drinks, chat through the night, and so on, then who is going to remember Miles swapping glasses when he realised he'd poured himself the wrong drink? It just might not be the sort of thing that stands out, no matter how clunky it looked in the edit. 

14 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

My heart sank a little in the first episode when the bloke in the cravat was saying how he'll happily stab people in the back and be fake towards them to win the game. Also when the woman in the mad glasses said she "just says what she thinks and the others will just have to deal with it if they don't like it". They sounded like latter day Big Brother contestants and got a bit worried it was going to be shit. Luckily then got murdered early doors and the rest seemed a lot more normal.

I said during the first series that they would need to keep changing the format, because the show will get worse the more people start thinking they understand how it works and trying to play the game. I know there have been a few tweaks this time around, but I wonder if there's a really big twist coming, or if things will get changed up more for next series to try and nip this sort of thing in the bud. But also, as you say, those players got murdered early, and I wonder if the show's format almost self-selects for that - the people who think they're super smart and playing the game are always the most likely to get taken out, either by banishment or murder. 

Someone said that Paul looks like Hank Scorpio, and I cannot unsee it.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Oh yeah, you definitely have to take all of it with a pinch of salt for sure. It's what they want us to show and with ALL of these shows the contestants come out and say "oh you didn't see THIS?" or whatever else.

So, a colleague of mine said she knows someone who was peripherally involved, and there's loads of stuff that obviously doesn't make the cut. So this story may be bollocks, but I love it.

Apparently, last season, one of the traitors unintentionally gave themselves away. A group were mucking around doing impersonations of Claudia Winkleman and the various things she says in the shows, and Alyssa joins in with 'Yeah, like how she says 'Hello traitors'".

For me , it’s a lesson in how unconscious bias really affects decision making.

People like Paul and so are willing to look past clear and obvious evidence that points to him being a traitor.

Also, it’s amazing to see how people are influenced by the herd mentality.

Ross has been very vocal on who he thinks is a traitor and is able to articulate why he thinks so, he has been nearly 100% wrong each time but he is influencing the group also each time. 

Ross would have made a great traitor but he is doing their work for them essentially 

I like Zack actually but he is a heatseeker.

8 hours ago, Chris B said:

Basically, I have no idea if the roundtables are actually an hour or so, and edited down enormously. It's clear they do a LOT of pick-up shots, because otherwise 'hey Miles, why is a cameraperson following you with this chalice' would be an obvious question. 

Some of the 'relaxing in-room' shots are hilarious and weirdly staged. I have no idea why we've had to see two contestants showering/bathing, but there we go.

"Did it have anything to do with that camera crew who were set up at the fire pit at the bottom of the lawn while we were all hanging out, chatting inside?"

Couldn't they have just gone into another room and look less conspicuous rather than walk all the way down to the bottom of the garden? If anyone had spotted them down there talking about who to give the chalice too, they would have been fucked. But I presume the producers kept everyone else from seeing them.

• Paid Members

I had a weird dream last night (we watched the most recent episodes of S2) that featured Claudia revealing that someone had been an undercover Traitor the whole time, unknown to the nominated Traitors, secretly pulling other strings in the background and this was then revealed to The Traitors AND the audience. Not suggesting this is a good plan, in fact it's probably a Russo-riffic swerve of an idea, but as it existed randomly in a dream it felt worth sharing. 

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, mim731 said:

I had a weird dream last night (we watched the most recent episodes of S2) that featured Claudia revealing that someone had been an undercover Traitor the whole time, unknown to the nominated Traitors, secretly pulling other strings in the background and this was then revealed to The Traitors AND the audience. Not suggesting this is a good plan, in fact it's probably a Russo-riffic swerve of an idea, but as it existed randomly in a dream it felt worth sharing. 

Fully plating up a huge serving of egg ready to beface, but I've had my suspicions about Zack for a while. He's been sort of prominently featured, saying very weird things, but largely not being part of the main stories. I'm fully expecting a Keyser Soze-esque reveal at some point.

I would love to see a scenario where Diana & Ross get to the final with one of them being a traitor and the other a faithful and then both screwing over everyone else (depending on how many are left at the end). 

It would in a way mean they are almost guaranteed the prize money.

Something along the lines of Diane, Ross & Paul in the final, Ross & Paul as traitors and then Diana taking the prize money with Ross turning on Paul and then whoever wins splits the money anyway.

Edited by Briefcase

19 hours ago, mim731 said:

I really like the idea of two sets of traitors playing concurrently, with only one set known to the viewers, with a twist of the other set existing being revealed when someone is outed as a traitor who is not from the trio we are aware of. I don't think it's happening this year, but one for the future, maybe? It creates issues with murders etc, but I'm sure they could work around that. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Briefcase said:

I would love to see a scenario where Diana & Ross get to the final with one of them being a traitor and the other a faithful and then both screwing over everyone else (depending on how many are left at the end). 

It would in a way mean they are almost guaranteed the prize money.

Something along the lines of Diane, Ross & Paul in the final, Ross & Paul as traitors and then Diana taking the prize money with Ross turning on Paul and then whoever wins splits the money anyway.

I was half asleep reading this and thought the lead singer of the Supremes had been wheeled out in some sot of ratings grab. 

• Paid Members

We binged the first series over the weekend and are now fully caught up with this series.

Really annoyed by the end of S1 as the faithfuls did absolutely nothing to warrant a win, and Wilf had played the game so well and made huge gambles that paid off, only to be outed by a sore loser at the final step which shouldn’t have been allowed. 

Not surprised to see John get done for assault, he seemed very nasty in the brief time he was there. A mean old queen.

Andrea coasted on being old and lovely but in her defense she was a lovely woman and it would have been nice to see her win.

S2 is suffering from people thinking they know how to be game players but actually they don’t and the faithfuls were lucky Ash is the worst traitor in the world because they won’t have gotten anyone if she wasn’t so bad.

6 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Really annoyed by the end of S1 as the faithfuls did absolutely nothing to warrant a win, and Wilf had played the game so well and made huge gambles that paid off, only to be outed by a sore loser at the final step which shouldn’t have been allowed. 

Yeah, it did feel against the spirit of the game, didn't it? I imagine they were instructed not to do something like that; but if someone actually does, there's probably not a huge amount that they can do. 

I think Paul's cocked himself going along with Harry's wish to recruit again. Paul is the clear next suspect, but he could have deflected it by murdering Andrew, because it would have immediately put Jaz in the firing line, as he's the only one who's consistently been against Andrew at the round tables. I think Paul's almost certainly done for tonight, though I suppose the dynamic could change if their chosen recruit comes on board.

• Paid Members

I think Paul was buggered either way. If he was Faithful he would have been murdered in the first few days. As a Traitor he’s so busy playing up to the cameras and putting an act on about how smart he is he can’t see Harry is completely fucking him.

This “bring in a Traitor to take the fall for us” idea is a really bad one though because whoever comes in will see that both Ash and Miles got backstabbed and they’ll figure it out straight away.

• Paid Members

That was one of the best hours of TV I've seen in ages. Just consistently thrilling and hilarious. Miles seeing Diane was one of my favourite things in forever.

image.png.b4b59cb18a772d52536b65e9ca398fab.png

Harry's playing the game amazingly, but Miles almost turned it round on Paul. The lack of questioning 'why hasn't Paul been murdered' at this point is astonishing.