The Traitors UK discussion thread *SPOILERS*

RedRooster

A lot of the people posting in the reality TV thread seem to watch this, and I want to talk about it in a spoilery way, which I’m wary to do in the more general thread.

With that in mind…

Paul might be the worst traitor yet. He thinks he’s much smarter than he is, and as a result managed to fuck over Ash, himself, Harry and possibly also Miles in the space of a handful of episodes.

Harry, I thought, was playing the game brilliantly - and Paul dogging him in to Jaz was both stupid and unnecessary. Was he trying to sacrifice Harry for his own benefit? Was it a moment of stupidity? I’ve no idea, but it was all about self-preservation, whatever the case. I can’t wait to see the fucker eliminated. 

• Paid Members

Yeah I can’t stand him. He’s somehow worse than Wilf who was highly irritating. I can’t wait for his downfall.

They definitely should’ve had either Ross or Diane as a traitor. Would’ve been more interesting. But I did like that twist. 

Gutted Ant went. I loved his reactions whenever he was accused. 

I could just watch an hour of round table discussions. It’s fascinating. 

Despite the cliffhanger last night suggesting Diane's about to be murdered, in one of her interviews she mentioned not being 100% sure whether Ross is a traitor or faithful. I wonder if that was foreshadowing a possible storyline between the two of them, where one of them (probably Ross) gets recruited in a later episode. Perhaps Diane doesn't drink from that cup, maybe passing it on to someone else or the clock strikes 12 before she gets chance to have a drink or something like that. I hope so anyway, I quite like her. I wouldn't mind her winning the whole thing.

6 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I wonder if the show would be as enjoyable if the viewers didn't know who the traitors were either and you could kind of play along at home.

Nah I doubt it. Half the fun is in watching people lie their way through shit and watching others going crazy trying to figure shit out while we already know. It's a whole different vibe.

John from season 1, on the other hand, does not seem so nice. According to Edinburgh Live, he’s just been convicted of assaulting restaurant staff in an unprovoked attack.  

8 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Despite the cliffhanger last night suggesting Diane's about to be murdered, in one of her interviews she mentioned not being 100% sure whether Ross is a traitor or faithful.

Initially, I thought they made a mistake recruiting Miles instead of her, but no one has even contemplated the prospect of Miles being a traitor, although that might change after the poison chalice fiasco; if they’re told the traitors acted in plain sight. 

Paul’s a psycho, but he’s great. You need a top heel and he’s the guy. It’s all about the chase, once he’s gone and you’ve got babyface Harry on top, it definitely won’t be as good. I hope Paul’s still there at the end but I think the tide’s going to turn on him soon enough.

I didn’t think Miles was acting weird in the plain sight murder thing, he seemed very natural to me. The whole exchange with Diane seemed all within reasonable boundaries of a normal “let’s sort out the drinks” exchange. I was surprised when they were dragging him about it on Uncloaked. 

Yeah I think the chalice thing was probably a bit more chaotic due to the edit rather than anything. They have to make it seem stressful and with everyone walking past the library etc. It was some great tension and it'll bring up a lot of questions about behaviour. But I don't think they seemed off compared to usual so who knows.

Nothing blatantly obvious anyway and that's the main problem they've all got. There's so many different opinions on what Traitor behaviour is. Too quiet? Traitor. Asking too many questions? Traitor. Don't go for a shield? Traitor. Go for a shield? Double bluff Traitor.

And they're not wrong. They're actually covering all the bases pretty damn well. It's just when they do manage to get together they've targeted the absolute wrong people. It's as much about luck as anything. They're looking for people who are giving stuff away but really not many people have.

I'd say that last conversation with Paul talking about Harry is the closest they've come to a slip up if they had the numbers to run with that. But part of me thinks people won't want to go against Harry. But then again they seem to turn on people from one second to the next and anythings possible. And that's what is so bloody addictive about it. You never know what they're going to do next because they don't!

In season 1 they voted that John guy most liked and you could tell he was such an arrogant aggressive arsehole as soon as he’d had a drink….who now assaults women

Then this season they have voted Paul most popular, and he is so smug and emotionless. It is so hard to get a true feel of what the contestants are seeing at times with the way the show is edited.

There is no way that Diane and Ross haven’t communicated with each other whether they are traitors.

I wonder if the producers have laid-down some new rules about people throwing others under the bus when they are eliminated like that guy did with Wolf in the first series? When the traitors double-cross you, you could easily ruin the whole show otherwise…. ‘Yes I’m a traitor, so are Harry and Paul…. Byeee’

1 hour ago, hallicks said:

Paul’s a psycho, but he’s great. You need a top heel and he’s the guy.

You do, but he’s really bad at it. Harry was playing the game really well, and Miles seems to be slipping under everyone’s radar. But Paul has a habit of making frustratingly terrible decisions.

If he was doing the whole Traitor thing well, I’d want him to stay - but he’s just not very good at it, and is a liability for the rest of his team.

1 hour ago, TibBo said:

There is no way that Diane and Ross haven’t communicated with each other whether they are traitors.

I mean, even if they did, they could still be lying - and there’s always going to be a level of paranoia in this game.

6 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I mean, even if they did, they could still be lying - and there’s always going to be a level of paranoia in this game.

Yup family are more than capable of lying to each other too. Plus if one was a Traitor presumably they can't say it outright anyway.

Edited by DavidB6937

The faithfuls are absolutely useless this series. Paul should have been unanimously voted out after he turned up to breakfast and Meg didn’t, but since then they’ve randomly voted out Jonny on the flimsiest hunch, and then Anthony on not as flimsy evidence but still very little. The fact everyone but Jaz is completely overlooking Paul is mind boggling to me.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, TibBo said:

I wonder if the producers have laid-down some new rules about people throwing others under the bus when they are eliminated like that guy did with Wolf in the first series?

Now there’s a crossover I’d love to see. Gladitraitors.

Edited by Frankie Crisp