The Traitors UK discussion thread *SPOILERS*

RedRooster

• Paid Members

Finished The Traitors Australia. A really good series populated by the stupidest people ever assembled for a reality TV gameshow. A funny ending that was inevitable and if Camille and Blake had a braincell between them they'd have kicked Sam out before the final three and got the money.

We're watching the Canadian version next. The Trehtors.

• Paid Members

We decided to watch the New Zealand version next. First episode was excellent, a lot going on in it. Not keen on the host but always a tough act to follow Rodge and Clauds.

Just read they've cancelled the Aussie version because of low ratings, a real shame as both those series were superb.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Just read they've cancelled the Aussie version because of low ratings, a real shame as both those series were superb.

Yeah I was really surprised about that when I read it. The Aussie market seems to be constantly full of reality stuff so maybe there was just too much for it to stand out, but I'm always seeing Aussie versions of stuff popping up (Survivor, Apprentice etc). Not sure where they went wrong as their efforts on both series were really solid. Maybe it wasn't marketed very well or something.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah I was really surprised about that when I read it. The Aussie market seems to be constantly full of reality stuff so maybe there was just too much for it to stand out, but I'm always seeing Aussie versions of stuff popping up (Survivor, Apprentice etc). Not sure where they went wrong as their efforts on both series were really solid. Maybe it wasn't marketed very well or something.

I could be talking absolute shite but I remember reading that part of the Aussie broadcast rules is that there has to be a majority of home produced content to allow them to show imported shows, similar to the BBC, which is why there main output seems to be reality tv shows that last an absolute fucking age, Masterchef Australia being over 60 episodes a series being the best example. It also means they have very little tolerance for shorter run shows.