The Traitors UK discussion thread *SPOILERS*

RedRooster

6 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Having started with S2, we’ve now gone back to S1 of the BBC version. We’re only three episodes in but so far this lot are really pretty insufferable compared to the latest series. There’s a lot of emotional responses that remind me of Deal or No Deal, where they act as if they aren’t all part of a game show and it’s something deeper. Very different, but that does at least make it interesting.

Makes sense I guess as the S1 lot didn't have a clue what was going to happen so they probably did have a more emotional response across the board.

One of the fears this time was if it would ruin the show by having that knowledge now. Thankfully it didn't and it showed that even if you are aware of it, you still get drawn in on an emotional level. I think that's the fascinating thing about it and why other shows like Survivor have succeeded for so long over the years.

• Paid Members

Traitors Australia had a fantastic final few minutes. 

Spoiler

Sam deserved to go home with nothing. His downfall was even sweeter to lose right at the end. Cocky, arrogant shit. Whining at Camille because he deserved it. Actually the biggest wanker of a traitor out of the lot. Great tv  

Edited by TheBurningRed

7 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Traitors Australia had a fantastic final few minutes. 

Reveal hidden contents

Sam deserved to go home with nothing. His downfall was even sweeter to lose right at the end. Cocky, arrogant shit. Whining at Camille because he deserved it. Actually the biggest wanker of a traitor out of the lot. Great tv  

Spoiler

It was so incredible. His whining about why didn't you just let me have everything because I deserve it was so much more satisfying than had he just been banished like everyone else. That show was the sorriest bunch of Faithful on a series yet, just an absolute lack of common sense logic all the way through, but that payoff was sublime.

Just finished S2UK while avoiding this thread. Mollie was fucking useless. My instahates were Tory Zack, psychic fraud and older flamboyant homosexual gentleman who looked like he wanted to be on Bargain Hunt. 

Jaz fucked it. Could’ve stirred it up with Harry a bit earlier. Wanted Andrew to win it all and Jaz should’ve gone with him at the end. 

Aye, I think Jaz kept prioritising his own safety instead of going for it and actually trying to exorcise his suspected traitors. By the time he moved, it really was too late. Perhaps he was spooked by the confrontation with Paul earlier on.

Five episodes into Series 1 and still can't really warm to many of them at all. The ones with the half-arsed theories that have no actual basis really bother me on a level I didn't think possible from something so trivial.

Love the Traitors and have seen the UK/US/Aussie/New Zealand versions. 

If anyone wants something similar then its worth giving The Trust a go on Netflix, at first I thought it was a love island meets traitors with all glamour contestants (most you will just hate/cannot stand) but stick with it and it's actually an easy watch with some good twists, it's kind of like Traitors in reverse in that they can only lose money but has some interesting tasks/challenges and they can choose to vote or not to vote, interesting watch if you stick with it and can tolerate some of the characters (who naturally will get voted off), one or two good eggs in the show too. 

Edited by Briefcase

Finished Traitors Aus 2.

Spoiler

Bunch of fucking flipping sheep every single bloody banishment. Got to the point where I wanted Sam to win just because they were all so bloody stupid letting him off the hook every time that they didn't deserve to win.

But also nice to see the cocky shit get his comeuppance at the end in some way. He wasn't likeable in the slightest and his whinging at the end just made it better.

• Paid Members

Episode 5 of The Traitors of Oz 2 is the best single episode of this show I've seen yet. Just brilliant drama from start to finish. In this house we love and respect Annabel.

19 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Episode 5 of The Traitors of Oz 2 is the best single episode of this show I've seen yet. Just brilliant drama from start to finish. In this house we love and respect Annabel.

I've never 180d on someone so much. Genuinely went from the most annoying person on the planet to absolute legend.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I've never 180d on someone so much. Genuinely went from the most annoying person on the planet to absolute legend.

I was the same! She got right on my nerves in the first two episodes and then turned it around. Her partnership with Luke was outstanding stuff.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I was the same! She got right on my nerves in the first two episodes and then turned it around. Her partnership with Luke was outstanding stuff.

She was quite likeable in the end. She was right in her assumptions as well. Unfortunately, the faithful didn't listen.