The Traitors UK discussion thread *SPOILERS*

RedRooster

• Paid Members

There’s one woman who’s name I forget, who’s really defensive of Paul. And I think they contemplated murdering her which would be stupid on his part. When he said the way everyone looked at him when he came in for breakfast and not Meg and she went “oh bless you”. Just reminds of Hannah being blind to Wilf last series. 

Edited by TheBurningRed

Maybe I’m in the minority, I just assumed Ross and Diane would work as a team to try and get one of themselves (or both) to the final, then just split the money?

in a game where you literally can’t trust anyone, it’d be pretty dumb to not take advantage of that and work as a team?

5 minutes ago, TibBo said:

Maybe I’m in the minority, I just assumed Ross and Diane would work as a team to try and get one of themselves (or both) to the final, then just split the money?

in a game where you literally can’t trust anyone, it’d be pretty dumb to not take advantage of that and work as a team?

I think it’s because they’ve not told anyone about their relationship, and they’ve been very discreet when they do have mother/son chats so far. The lack of open communication makes it tough to make plans. If they get seen having 1-on-1 conflabs, that could easily be seen as traitors conferring.  Also, the danger if the relationship gets outed, it casts huge suspicion (“what else are they hiding?”) 

Yeah it’d be crazy to announce the relationship as it is always going to lead to suspicion. 

I don’t think it would be that hard to hide the communication though. In the last series the guy with the pink hair managed to find plenty of opportunities to kiss his girlfriend and no-one had a clue.

I just can’t imagine going into a game like that with a pre-made allegiance and not using it to your mutual benefit

2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

There’s one woman who’s name I forget, who’s really defensive or Paul. And I think they contemplated murdering her which would be stupid on his part.

That would be Charlotte, and when they contemplated murdering her I couldn’t quite believe it. Utter lunacy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12955945/The-Traitors-Paul-hosted-travel-long-TV-career-evil-BBC-serious.html

Apologies for the source, but this is interesting. Had his own TV show, been on the gameshow circuit, and is a regular guest on a Joe Wilkinson podcast; reality shows die when contestants start worrying about making good television.

My heart sank a little in the first episode when the bloke in the cravat was saying how he'll happily stab people in the back and be fake towards them to win the game. Also when the woman in the mad glasses said she "just says what she thinks and the others will just have to deal with it if they don't like it". They sounded like latter day Big Brother contestants and got a bit worried it was going to be shit. Luckily then got murdered early doors and the rest seemed a lot more normal.

I always wondered what would happen if the first four banishments were all the traitors? I presume they'd just recruit more to keep it going.

• Paid Members

We've only watched the first episode so far but me and 16yo have already hurled a tremendous amount of abuse at the psychic medium, thus mirroring our experience with the Aussie Traitors.

16 hours ago, RedRooster said:

That would be Charlotte, and when they contemplated murdering her I couldn’t quite believe it. Utter lunacy.

I dont know if you’ve noticed but at the roundtable Charlotte agrees with nearly everything that everybody says…. 

Brian’s malfunction at the roundtable was both cringe and fantastic…

Going into it he was never going to get eliminated, he just kept talking and talking.

23 minutes ago, Browser Brady said:

I dont know if you’ve noticed but at the roundtable Charlotte agrees with nearly everything that everybody says…. 

I hadn't, but I'll certainly look out for it. I suppose that makes her a good person for the traitors to frame as a traitor at some point - but definitely not this early, when you have an unwitting ally. Kind of a 'break glass in case of emergency' kind of option, who you'd want to keep around until the end if you possibly can. 

I just love how paranoid it makes everyone. I could never do it. I'd definitely do a Brian at some point. It'd get far too much for me.

I think it's a fascinating format because there's no one single good way of winning it. Everyone gets suspicious of every type of behaviour. So as long as you don't go and do or say something that's a complete slip up, you always have a chance of getting away with it.

I'd love to see more scenarios like the dungeon where if things don't go as expected there's a real risk of being outed by circumstance.

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

I just love how paranoid it makes everyone. I could never do it. I'd definitely do a Brian at some point. It'd get far too much for me.

I think it's a fascinating format because there's no one single good way of winning it. Everyone gets suspicious of every type of behaviour. So as long as you don't go and do or say something that's a complete slip up, you always have a chance of getting away with it.

It's also a really fascinating window into human behaviour; and how we perceive the same behaviour in different people depending on our personal feelings towards them. If you applied Paul's dodgy behaviour to Anthony, he'd have been banished pretty much immediately. 

20 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

It's also a really fascinating window into human behaviour; and how we perceive the same behaviour in different people depending on our personal feelings towards them. If you applied Paul's dodgy behaviour to Anthony, he'd have been banished pretty much immediately. 

Oh definitely. To be honest I'm surprised Anthony lasted as long as he did. Only because he was pretty aggressive in some of his conversations. Certainly more so than anyone else in there. Obviously it was just frustration and whatever but that kind of behaviour doesn't go down well.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

Oh definitely. To be honest I'm surprised Anthony lasted as long as he did. Only because he was pretty aggressive in some of his conversations. Certainly more so than anyone else in there. Obviously it was just frustration and whatever but that kind of behaviour doesn't go down well.

I wonder how much things like this are the pressure of the game, and how much of it is the edit. I watched the most recent of the 'podcast' follow-ups, and he came across as a complete star, and totally without the anger, etc, in the game. I also wonder how much Charlotte's adoration of Paul and Harry isn't quite as obvious to them.

Basically, I have no idea if the roundtables are actually an hour or so, and edited down enormously. It's clear they do a LOT of pick-up shots, because otherwise 'hey Miles, why is a cameraperson following you with this chalice' would be an obvious question. 

Some of the 'relaxing in-room' shots are hilarious and weirdly staged. I have no idea why we've had to see two contestants showering/bathing, but there we go.

2 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I wonder how much things like this are the pressure of the game, and how much of it is the edit. I watched the most recent of the 'podcast' follow-ups, and he came across as a complete star, and totally without the anger, etc, in the game. I also wonder how much Charlotte's adoration of Paul and Harry isn't quite as obvious to them.

Basically, I have no idea if the roundtables are actually an hour or so, and edited down enormously. It's clear they do a LOT of pick-up shots, because otherwise 'hey Miles, why is a cameraperson following you with this chalice' would be an obvious question. 

Some of the 'relaxing in-room' shots are hilarious and weirdly staged. I have no idea why we've had to see two contestants showering/bathing, but there we go.

Oh yeah, you definitely have to take all of it with a pinch of salt for sure. It's what they want us to show and with ALL of these shows the contestants come out and say "oh you didn't see THIS?" or whatever else. So there's always some sort of editorial narrative being told there. I guess unless you go all the way back to something like the Big Brother live feed, that's about as close as you could get to seeing "everything" as such.

The staged shots are so weird just because they go completely against the rest of the show. Everything else is pretty much filmed as-is and feels like you're there watching it. And then they decide to have the dramatic film-esque shots and it's incredibly jarring. But I do find it all quite amusing and OTT in a camp way.