The Traitors UK discussion thread *SPOILERS*

RedRooster

39 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I think Paul was buggered either way. If he was Faithful he would have been murdered in the first few days. As a Traitor he’s so busy playing up to the cameras and putting an act on about how smart he is he can’t see Harry is completely fucking him.

This “bring in a Traitor to take the fall for us” idea is a really bad one though because whoever comes in will see that both Ash and Miles got backstabbed and they’ll figure it out straight away.

It's a plan that has the potential to work out about as well as Kieran's recruitment last year. However, it sounds like Harry is looking to recruit someone to stab Paul in the back - and I think he's playing a good enough game to be able to convince his new ally that Paul has been behind everything, and that they can work together. Ross would almost certainly decline, and the other options they have selected aren't great. Jaz would have been the best person to bring in after Paul absolutely fucked Harry over by telling him about their conversation, but Harry obviously does not know that. 

As far as it goes, the best move, to me, would be for Harry to suggest that Paul is still alive because he's been recruited - if he manages to get a faithful to accept the offer of switching side. 

• Paid Members
On 1/17/2024 at 9:49 AM, FelatioLips said:

S2 is suffering from people thinking they know how to be game players but actually they don’t and the faithfuls were lucky Ash is the worst traitor in the world because they won’t have gotten anyone if she wasn’t so bad.

Honestly, I think people thinking they're playing the game well, but all being terrible at it, is part of what's giving this series an edge that I really enjoy. It's something that could, in time, sink the show if it gets too meta, which is why I hope they come up with new twists in subsequent series to counteract the "game players" thinking they've got it all sussed out, but seeing the Faithfuls just cannibalise each other because they're overthinking everything has been half the fun of this series. 

The whole poisoning bit was great, because it was the biggest bone yet to be thrown to the Faithfuls as a clue, and they were immediately just following all the wrong leads and getting more and more paranoid. Fantastic stuff.

2 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

I think Paul was buggered either way. If he was Faithful he would have been murdered in the first few days. As a Traitor he’s so busy playing up to the cameras and putting an act on about how smart he is he can’t see Harry is completely fucking him.

This “bring in a Traitor to take the fall for us” idea is a really bad one though because whoever comes in will see that both Ash and Miles got backstabbed and they’ll figure it out straight away.

I was really hoping that Miles' performance at the roundtable was going to do Paul in, it was so good, and would have been exactly what he deserved. That he kept clinging to this "Diane told me it was Miles" routine, with barely anyone questioning, "well, hang on, why are we just taking him at his word?" was infuriating. Paul thinking that he's this evil mastermind that's outsmarting absolutely everyone, while Harry just seems to have the complete trust of the Faithful and no suspicions coming his way, and is also playing Paul like a fiddle, is phenomenal telly. 

• Paid Members

Episode 7 was probably the best hour of UK reality TV ever. The Funeral stuff whilst being incredibly on point for this place was just so well done from top to bottom. 

Paul has been flying far too close to the Sun for too long and is surely out next. He's been really interesting/fascinating to watch play. 

For anyone interested, the USA and Australia season 2 episodes are easy to find on Daily Motion. 

God I fucking love this show.

It's the fact that it can go a billion different ways. It doesn't matter what they THINK they know about playing the game because there is no perfect way to play it. There's too many different variables. Too many individual minds. Too much paranoia. And that's before you take into account whatever curveballs are thrown their way.

Oh Harry, you said too much…he might have been the architect of his own demise there. Why would the Traitors not kill him after that? 

He was better off letting Jaz get banished, and waited for Paul to off himself. It wasn’t the time to go after Paul. 

Brilliant TV, but I think we might end the game with one or two Traitors who didn’t start the game in that role.

Ross throwing a petrol bomb in there right when it felt like everyone had consensus on Paul, I really thought he was going to fuck it up. Glad they’ve managed to oust another one.

Paul was brilliant. The star of the show. Kind of hoping Harry fails now due to his too on the nose deconstruction of strategy discussed in the traitors turret. 

• Paid Members

Glad Paul finally went. I do like how uneasy Andrew is with his new role and his distrust of Harry. But I think he’s going to get himself played. You could see how much his behaviour had changed at breakfast and after Paul went. I wonder if anyone else has clocked on though. 

I discovered during the past two episodes they have a contestant called Mollie. I’ve clearly not paid attention or it’s like The Apprentice when a bunch get voted out and you finally learn the name of someone who’s been hovering around. 

Enjoyed the mission more than the round table tonight, which is a bit of a rarity. The faithful were all at sea, and they seemed to know it, it was just all a bit downcast. Although, Ross being recruited is a great swerve, bro. Having been completely wrong about everyone all the time, he at least has the chance to avenge Diane. 

Bit of a heel turn from Harry tonight, he’s getting way too overconfident and I can’t wait to see his comment about ‘putting Diane in her place’ coming back to bite him in the arse. The only Faithful who - more or less - has things figured out is Jaz; but that might not matter. I can see the Traitors getting to the end as a trio, only for Ross and Andrew to team up to betray Harry and give him what he deserves. 

Been a hectic week so only just caught up.

Paul's downfall was inevitable but damn I wanted him to keep surviving for some reason. He was just so fun to watch I think. I enjoyed watching him get away with it.

Harry really needs to be careful now. Feels like he's getting cocky and Ross is definitely coming for him.

I liked how Andrew was smart enough to know he was probably just there to take the fall.

Watching Charlot and Jasmine go at it was quite something. If I was a traitor I would've found it difficult not to laugh at it all. Poor girls.

Never really liked Jaz as a person but he's one of the few actually taking it logically. Everyone else keeps pointing out "traitor behaviour" which can be defending yourself too much or not defending yourself at all or anything in between depending on what day it is.