• Paid Members

Spin off from the strike thread, but do you have companies you boycott? Why? Any you've forgiven?

I boycott three main things:

Wetherspoons - don't care how cheap it is, don't care how filling it is, Tim Martin is a Brexit supporting cunt and from the day the vote came in, I vowed to never step foot in again. 

Brewdog - the sexual inappropriateness, toxic culture and now living wage nonsense is enough for me. Plenty of other decent IPA manufacturers who are yet to be cunts.

Byron Burger - The immigration raid fake meeting - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jul/28/it-was-a-fake-meeting-byron-hamburgers-staff-on-immigration-raid. Go fuck yourselves, shitheads. 

I also tried (and failed) to boycott Blizzard due to Bobby Kotick and the general poor behaviour towards women, but I always get pulled back into the addiction of their video games - Diablo IV being the latest one. 

• Paid Members

Wetherspoons, Brewdog, and Byron Burger for all the reasons Nexus listed.

Also:

Starbucks - because they refused to pay UK taxes, then, when pressured to, paid it but took it out of their workers' pay packets. They also give money to Israel.

Caffe Nero - also pay no UK taxes.

Samuel Smith's pubs - used to love those places; proper pubs, beautifully kept, beer at students' union-level prices, but then I found out the owner, Humphrey Smith, is a cunt who regularly does the mystery shopper thing to see if his bar workers are maintaining his batshit "no swearing, no mobiles" rules, and, if they're not, fires them summarily. Haven't been to one for years now.

Caterpillar - they supply equipment to Israel to demolish Palestinian homes.

Soda Stream - Israeli company.

Del Monte - apartheid South Africa is long gone now, but they still benefit from the all the advantages given them from that system.

I've also heard Chik Fil-A will be coming to the UK next year - they're actively and vocally anti-LGBT+, so they can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: Haven't watched WWE since that Shield/Wyatt Family Elimination Chamber event - was already disinterested, but the Ashley Massaro issue means I will never watch again. 

Also stopped bothering with RuPaul's Drag Race when I found out that RuPaul has invested in fracking, and has had some pretty problematic attitudes towards trans people that he's never properly walked back.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Warburton's. Partially because they're Tories but mostly, if I'm honest, because their bread and crumpets are shit.

Well you can fuck right off!  Find me a better crumpet, I dare you!

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Well you can fuck right off!  Find me a better crumpet, I dare you!

They're doughy shite. M&S and Aldi do really good ones. Sainsbury's aren't bad either.

I don’t know that I’ve ever had a crumpet that didn’t taste exactly the same as all other crumpets. Although the rate I inhale them there’s not much time for me to savour the complex flavours of a crumpet. 

• Awards Moderator
40 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

RuPaul has invested in fracking, and has had some pretty problematic attitudes towards trans people that he's never properly walked back

Walked back, publicly apologised;

https://www.aclu.org/news/lgbtq-rights/rupauls-drag-race-finale-drag-defense-fund

and featured all different flavours of contestant since then; trans, non-binary, straight, fem presenting and masc presenting. 

Can't speak about the fracking but the trans stuff has been put to bed. 

• Paid Members

“RuPaul invests in fracking” is probably the best example in here of why I don’t boycott anything. I’ve watched pretty much every season of RuPaul since Season 4 I think and I’ve never once thought to look into his personal life or investments. 
I respect the reason but personally just find the mindset of knowing things that outside the box and then basing my purchases and viewing habits on it exhausting to even think about.

• Paid Members

Nestle for a very long time. Those cunts make everything and its hard, but no Nestle product has passed my lips, or the lips of my pets since the mid 90s. It was a joyous day in 2004 when they sold Branston Pickle to those lovely ethical Japanese lads. I love Branston Pickle and no other pickle is the same.