Croaking it 2024

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Pace yourself. 

Weirdly enough my lasting memory of Dr Ruth is the episode of Quantum Leap where Sam leaps into her, and while he's trying to right what went wrong Al is getting advice from her in the waiting room. It'll have been late in series 4, if not sometime during the 5th series with that really weird version of the theme. 

Edited by Jazzy G

• Paid Members

53 is no age. Somebody is really going to have to check on Thunderplex.

• Paid Members

That's awful. I thought out of all of them in 90210 she was the most likely to go on and become a big movie star but it never happened. Really sad to hear.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Actually quite sad about Shannon Doherty.  Had all the talents but first due to addiction she missed out on some massive roles, then fell victim to this vile disease.  Hope she’s now found peace.

Edited by Thunderplex

Really sad to hear about Shannen Doherty. One of the main reasons she was never huge was because she had a reputation for being difficult - I don't know how much of that was just her having clear boundaries that she refused to cross and not being a walk over, something that wasn't so common for female stars in the 90's. She's in so many shows/films that I associated with my teenage years/early 20s. A really awful way to go too, she's been fighting cancer for nearly a decade. I hope she's found some peace now.

• Moderators
On 7/15/2024 at 6:15 AM, Chris B said:

Got to admit, I wouldn't be mad if we toned down on the wanking gags in this thread.

Yes, this "joke" is so dead Thunderplex is having a wank over it.

Suspensions for anyone using it going forward.

• Paid Members

Message received. 

3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Tomcraft, German producer and DJ, aged 49.

Big banger, glad Saltburn gave it a mini revival.

That's a shame. The punk band I was in covered it for a school age gig we played once. It was greeted with groans, but it's a great song.