Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 22, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 22, 2024 Just now, BomberPat said: And he's a daft jobber. I'd understand the argument if Lashley had a competitive match against him, but he didn't. I don't particularly like the name, but if the point is "how are we supposed to take this guy seriously", I don't really see it, because the outcome of the match makes it pretty clear that you're not, he got destroyed. It's not like if he had been called John Smith we'd be coming away talking about how great Lashley looked, because it wasn't the name "Cheeseburger" that made it a bad match to showcase Bobby Lashley, it was Bobby Lashley who did that. No, we'd be talking about how rusty Lashley looks instead of the name of one of the guys he beat. What made it worse is that Cheeseburger got one of the biggest pops of the night and it detracted away from what I think Khan was trying to achieve with this match. I just think it makes the promotion look so small time when they do stuff like this but obviously we'll not agree on any of this. Quote
Chili Posted November 22, 2024 Posted November 22, 2024 While we're kicking this lot while they're down I agree with Dustin Rhodes and it was AEW DARK. It's where half the NXT midcard got discovered, find a way to stop WWE sniffing about and bring it back, I think as absolutely silly as it sounds, AEW lost something when Dark ended. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted November 22, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 22, 2024 They already have a system. It's called "Who is in New Japan or CMLL that Tony would like to sign to a big contract" Quote
Chili Posted November 22, 2024 Posted November 22, 2024 5 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: They already have a system. It's called "Who is in New Japan or CMLL that Tony would like to sign to a big contract" Stephanie Vacquer must have accidentally signed for the wrong promotion, proper Zack Gowan shit this!!! Quote
The King Of Swing Posted November 22, 2024 Posted November 22, 2024 Other than the MJF/Strong/Cole/Kyle shit, I enjoyed that much more than last week. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 22, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 22, 2024 I would also be a big fan of Dark coming back. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted November 22, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 22, 2024 1 hour ago, Chili said: Stephanie Vacquer must have accidentally signed for the wrong promotion, proper Zack Gowan shit this!!! Genuinely struggling to find your point Chillers. Some enlightenment would be appreciated. Quote
Chili Posted November 22, 2024 Posted November 22, 2024 8 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: Genuinely struggling to find your point Chillers. Some enlightenment would be appreciated. It's ok, there was no point and it was a very vague reference, just badinage that didn't translate well Lion Quote
Chili Posted November 23, 2024 Posted November 23, 2024 It was on Rampage but fuck posting it in that dead thread. HARLEYGRAM. Superb. Five stars. Lovely stuff, keep being the funny Harley. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted November 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 23, 2024 Just give her all the money and awards ever. Harley for heavyweight champ. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 23, 2024 Author Posted November 23, 2024 Harley is the future. Give her all of Mercedes' money and screen time. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted November 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 23, 2024 29 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Harley is the future. Give her all of Mercedes' money and screen time. Never want to wish unemployment on someone but in the instance we could in the future get Harley Cameron and Chelsea Green work together in some chaotic tag team, I hope one of them gets picked up by the other promotion, I think it would be magic. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted November 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 23, 2024 1 hour ago, I Bent My Wookie said: Never want to wish unemployment on someone but in the instance we could in the future get Harley Cameron and Chelsea Green work together in some chaotic tag team, I hope one of them gets picked up by the other promotion, I think it would be magic. I can’t imagine that Harley Cameron won’t be a hot commodity once her contract comes up. I hope she leverages that to get herself a brilliant deal. She might be better off in WWE in the sense that she has as good a chance as anyone to break out of the wrestling bubble if she wanted, and to land acting roles; and WWE would give her that platform. Whatever the case she has a great future ahead of her. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted November 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 25, 2024 Very in keeping with AEW right now. I don’t love it, but it should be good enough. I wish they’d swapped Shelton with either Claudio or Brodie. I’ve already seen those lads throw Darby around like a rag doll. Give Shelton a go! Imagine how high he could launch him! As a designated loser, Juice is a good choice. Should make for some entertaining promos, at least. Ospreay will likely steal the whole tournament. Ospreay vs. Darby could be wild. The brackets almost certainly suggest an Okada vs. Ospreay finals, playing off some of the big matches they had in New Japan. But fuck that. Real ones know. I’ll be pulling for Beast Mortos! Time to pull the trigger. Beast Mortos beats Will Ospreay in the finals. Book it, Tony! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.