Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

It looks okay. Ospreay will obviously kill it but definitely a good chance to keep the momentum going with Kyle, or maybe Ricochet can step up. I'd happily settle for Beast and Brody smashing everyone.

Posted

After beating Osprey like that, no one in that group should be laying a glove on Kyle Fletcher, and he should win the whole thing. If we're going to do this thing, let's do it. 

Posted

These brackets will give me Will Osprey Vs Brody King, a match I never knew I wanted until just now, so I can find no fault with them. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Real ones know. I’ll be pulling for Beast Mortos! Time to pull the trigger. Beast Mortos beats Will Ospreay in the finals. Book it, Tony!

Gonna be painful when Mortos goes 0-5 while also giving everyone their best match of the tournament. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 11/23/2024 at 7:23 PM, RedTwoster said:

I can’t imagine that Harley Cameron won’t be a hot commodity once her contract comes up. I hope she leverages that to get herself a brilliant deal. She might be better off in WWE in the sense that she has as good a chance as anyone to break out of the wrestling bubble if she wanted, and to land acting roles; and WWE would give her that platform.

I don’t think that’s as true today as it was. That was one of Jade’s reasons for going, and she’s booked diddly squat. Meanwhile MJF has had multiple roles (and just finished up on Happy Gilmore 2 in another main role), Britt Baker on Cobra Kai and Samoa Joe got Twisted Metal when he was with AEW. 
 

Also I see Harley similar to the Iiconics. I’m not saying she wouldn’t be able to break out, but their track record isn’t great when they get over without creatives backing.

Posted
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I don’t think that’s as true today as it was. That was one of Jade’s reasons for going, and she’s booked diddly squat. Meanwhile MJF has had multiple roles (and just finished up on Happy Gilmore 2 in another main role), Britt Baker on Cobra Kai and Samoa Joe got Twisted Metal when he was with AEW. 
 

Also I see Harley similar to the Iiconics. I’m not saying she wouldn’t be able to break out, but their track record isn’t great when they get over without creatives backing.

Yeah, I think Harley Cameron is extremely funny, but she's extremely funny in a non-wrestling humour way whilst being in pro wrestling. That's why she stands out. 

Generally I don't know how much wrestlers cross over into TV these days, it's a blind spot for me. Wasn't Becky Lynch meant to be or is going to be in a Marvel film or something?

Posted
8 minutes ago, Chili said:

Yeah, I think Harley Cameron is extremely funny, but she's extremely funny in a non-wrestling humour way whilst being in pro wrestling. That's why she stands out. 

Generally I don't know how much wrestlers cross over into TV these days, it's a blind spot for me. Wasn't Becky Lynch meant to be or is going to be in a Marvel film or something?

She did film something for something but it wasn't used. I think it was left open that she may return for another. Same with Seth. Think he was meant to be in the new Cap movie but got cut. Probably wouldn't stop laughing.

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I don’t think that’s as true today as it was. That was one of Jade’s reasons for going, and she’s booked diddly squat. Meanwhile MJF has had multiple roles (and just finished up on Happy Gilmore 2 in another main role), Britt Baker on Cobra Kai and Samoa Joe got Twisted Metal when he was with AEW. 
 

Also I see Harley similar to the Iiconics. I’m not saying she wouldn’t be able to break out, but their track record isn’t great when they get over without creatives backing.

Jade’s not been around for too long though - and to be blunt, Harley’s acting ability is far better than Jade’s at this point. I could absolutely see Harley appear in the kind of comedies that Judd Apatow or Seth Rogen produce. 

Ultimately, if I had aspirations of moving into acting or music and was a talented wrestler, I’d still opt for WWE rather than AEW. 

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Also I see Harley similar to the Iiconics. I’m not saying she wouldn’t be able to break out, but their track record isn’t great when they get over without creatives backing.

I don’t think that argument holds water anymore, now that Vince has gone. Triple H hasn’t shown any signs of that bizarre Vince McMahon trait. I would be very surprised if WWE weren’t interested in signing Harley. She’s charismatic, continually improving in ring and absolutely stunning. I imagine they recognise the potential she has.

  • Paid Members
Posted
41 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

Jade’s not been around for too long though - and to be blunt, Harley’s acting ability is far better than Jade’s at this point. I could absolutely see Harley appear in the kind of comedies that Judd Apatow or Seth Rogen produce. 

Ultimately, if I had aspirations of moving into acting or music and was a talented wrestler, I’d still opt for WWE rather than AEW. 

Jade signed in 2022. I’m just pointing out since she left 3 wrestlers have had multiple offers and Jade hasn’t and yet she moved to WWE because bigger stage, more exposure. She literally left to get Hollywood roles and has had nothing yet. And let’s not forget Samantha just left because she wanted to be more then an announcer and she had been stopped doing outside activities. I don’t think unless you are one of the top stars (Cody, Roman, Seth) they want you doing other roles that take you away for a while. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
59 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

I would be very surprised if WWE weren’t interested in signing Harley. She’s charismatic, continually improving in ring and absolutely stunning. I imagine they recognise the potential she has.

I thought she was signed by WWE before AEW? Pretty sure she was at the Performance Center for a time.

I don't think AEW can keep her heel for much longer - she's great. Pair her up with Thunder Rosa as the odd couple tag team - Rosa hates her at first then slowly they become best mates. Them feuding with the Taya/Deanna's mafia gang would be good, simple fun which would get over.

Posted (edited)

I'd be amazed if WWE or AEW didn't have there eye on everyone on each others rosters exempting some special obvious cases. Both rosters are so big it'd be lovely for another promotion or two to take that ECW spot before AEW nabs them and they get in the log jam or the NXT black hole.

Edited by Chili
  • Paid Members
Posted
18 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Jade signed in 2022. I’m just pointing out since she left 3 wrestlers have had multiple offers and Jade hasn’t and yet she moved to WWE because bigger stage, more exposure. She literally left to get Hollywood roles and has had nothing yet. And let’s not forget Samantha just left because she wanted to be more then an announcer and she had been stopped doing outside activities. I don’t think unless you are one of the top stars (Cody, Roman, Seth) they want you doing other roles that take you away for a while. 

Firstly, that’s less than two years ago. If she wanted to take a direct route to Hollywood, she wouldn’t still be wrestling. Secondly, the Irvin reports you’re referring to came from the Wrestling Observer, I assume? And they were that she couldn’t come to terms on outside projects, not that she couldn’t do them. That could mean a number of things - they wanted a share of her earnings, they had final say over what she could or could not do or perhaps that they couldn’t conflict with her on-screen role because they wanted her on Raw each week.

I’m not saying she couldn’t have crossover success by remaining in AEW, but it’s a simple fact that WWE provides a bigger platform. It’s not a criticism of AEW, it’s the outcome of being a long-established, well-known company. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...