uklaw Posted November 18, 2024 Posted November 18, 2024 Do we know if AEW exercise exclusivity clauses or deals with venues like how WWE used to? (Or still does?) I say that because I can see AEW going for venues that TNA worked hard to sell out this year, and AEW is the much bigger company. So if it came to it, the venues would side with the nationally televised product. Quote
simonworden Posted November 19, 2024 Posted November 19, 2024 4 hours ago, uklaw said: Do we know if AEW exercise exclusivity clauses or deals with venues like how WWE used to? (Or still does?) I say that because I can see AEW going for venues that TNA worked hard to sell out this year, and AEW is the much bigger company. So if it came to it, the venues would side with the nationally televised product. Does that matter to a venue though. It's not like they would get a rush of bookings to use the space because some wrestling was on TV there. I'd go as far to say that TNA would almost be preferable if they had to choose as they're going to use the venue multiple nights coughing up more cash than AEW who pop in for one night. They might sell more concessions and backstage services to AEW I'm not sure how that works. Neither company is running a massive touring schedule like back in the 80s and 90s so it's not like either are going to oversaturate the market. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted November 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2024 AEW will go through ups and downs. Wrestlers will come and go. Things will need a hard reset. Feelings will need to be restored. But there’s always one constant. Darby Allin will have an absolute ripper with someone who can chuck him about like a wet tracksuit. Bosh. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2024 This one looks pretty banging too: These two matches plus the CMLL guys turning up, looks like it'll be a fun show. In other news, turns out the reason why AEW keeps booking arenas that hold about 12,000 more people than actually attend the shows is because of requirements for the staging/lighting rig but AEW have managed to sort this out and will be looking at booking smaller venues in 2025. Thank fuck for that, these shows might actually have some atmosphere next year! Quote
Ro_y Disco Posted November 19, 2024 Posted November 19, 2024 That's very exciting about smaller venues - should make a huge difference! I had no idea the other guy in Aussie Open was called Mark Davis. I can't take a match billed as 'All Star' seriously with someone called Mark Davis in. That sounds like the name of the local Co-op Manager. His real name is Davis Passfield, so he actively chose his dull ring name. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted November 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2024 More of this please Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 19, 2024 Author Posted November 19, 2024 I'd love to see more venues like that. Everything's so standardised these days which I get from a financial perspective but a change once in a while is a great way of standing out. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted November 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2024 14 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: I'd love to see more venues like that. Everything's so standardised these days which I get from a financial perspective but a change once in a while is a great way of standing out. Exactly. It’s why the Daily’s Place shows always felt fun, same with the Collision in Texas residency. Something that just looks a bit different on tv Quote
simonworden Posted November 20, 2024 Posted November 20, 2024 Looks a bit like Dailys place and the Knight Centre in Miami which WCW used for Nitro 2 (and other shows) and AEW used in 2021. I love venues like this which must be a bit awkward to set up but feel super intimate on TV. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 20, 2024 Looks great. For me one of the biggest things AEW needs to sort right now is the look and production of the shows. It all looks so drab, lifeless and they've gradually over time taken on all of the WWE tropes so it looks like WWE-lite. They need to change up almost everything about the look of the shows so any time they go to a venue that doesn't look like your standard generic US sports arena will make me very happy. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 20, 2024 15 hours ago, LaGoosh said: These two matches plus the CMLL guys turning up, looks like it'll be a fun show. I take this back. WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING? A contract signing for a match no one cares about for a title no one cares about to promote an upcoming Dynamite when it's the week of a PPV which should be the sole purpose. All we need now is an Adam Cole match. Where the best wrestle ? Quote
burchybabi Posted November 20, 2024 Posted November 20, 2024 5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: All we need now is an Adam Cole match. Where the best wrestle ? Who knows, maybe even 3 Adam Cole matches/gauntlet match to get him back in the match at Full Gear ? Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted November 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 20, 2024 11 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: More of this please I’m sure it’ll be cool but it reminds of the Beck Theatre in Hayes (but bigger obvs) where I saw LDN before I knew better. Quote
The King of Old School Posted November 20, 2024 Posted November 20, 2024 Why are they still rolling out this Ishii guy as a threat? I think he has lost pretty much every AEW match he has been in. Quote
Paid Members WeeAl Posted November 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 20, 2024 12 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: More of this please Same building WWE used for the Hall of Fame in 2010. Ted Dibiase did the 'make it rain' bit and it was real money ($5 bills). I nabbed one. After the show I met Mark Henry. I had nothing on me that he could sign so I asked him to sign the $5 note I got from the HOF. Before he signed it I tried to explain it, but he looked at me like I was shit on his shoe ? Don't blame him really. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.