DavidB6937 Posted November 15, 2024 Author Posted November 15, 2024 1 hour ago, Duke said: It's also mostly happened since they've realised how utterly useless she is in the ring (why they didn't know that before hand is beyond me) Was she useless in NWA? From the times I watched her I thought she was decent enough and would just need the right booking for that type of character. I don't remember her being awful but maybe I had low expectations with it being NWA. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 15, 2024 (edited) That Julia Hart thing - yes it was well produced but I hate that sort of stuff. Completely breaks all logic of what we're watching. Is it supposed to be stuff that is actually happening? Is it all a dream - and if it's a dream why/how are we seeing it? Or is it something Julia Hart (the character) herself has put together and is showing us? This stuff never makes any sense! Edited November 15, 2024 by LaGoosh Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted November 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 15, 2024 45 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Was she useless in NWA? From the times I watched her I thought she was decent enough and would just need the right booking for that type of character. I don't remember her being awful but maybe I had low expectations with it being NWA. From what I saw she wasn’t awful. But the woman’s division there was more Vauxhall Conference than Champions League. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted November 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 15, 2024 I’ve thought for a few weeks how good The Death Riders and The Hurt Syndicate are as faction names, but watching this week’s Raw and remembering Pure Fusion Collective is a thing made me appreciate them even more. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted November 15, 2024 Posted November 15, 2024 (edited) 12 hours ago, Chris B said: It's also mostly happened since she posted some shitty pro-life stuff on Insta, so she might be being phased out. I preferred wrestling when we didn't know, or care, about the political beliefs of the wrestlers. Also, bodyguards don't need to be good in the ring. It's the best use of a bodyguard. Chyna was shite in the ring but she was great as the bodyguard who stood up to everyone and beat up Mankind for weeks. Edited November 15, 2024 by Snitsky's back acne Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 15, 2024 19 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: I preferred wrestling when we didn't know, or care, about the political beliefs of the wrestlers. What's stopping you from continuing to consume wrestling that way? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 15, 2024 Author Posted November 15, 2024 54 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: From what I saw she wasn’t awful. But the woman’s division there was more Vauxhall Conference than Champions League. Yeah, that's fair. Guess it's easier to stand out at that level and it doesn't necessarily mean you're actually good. It's very much sink or swim moving from NWA to the bigger companies. I still think she could be okay if she was booked correctly but they've got a ton of talent ahead of her. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 15, 2024 38 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: they've got a ton of talent ahead of her. They've also got a ton of bad talent that they're giving TV time to but shouldn't be. I'm looking at you Britt Baker! I don't think I've ever seen someone regress so much in my two decades of watching wrestling. Every aspect of her game just gets worse and worse as time goes by. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted November 15, 2024 Posted November 15, 2024 Fun opening tag match. I mean I couldn't care less about Deeb Vs. Baker, but fuck me, Baker immediately burying it with "nobody cares" is shocking. Baker Vs. Ford constantly jumped between boring and shit. Unpopular opinion time. I'm quickly finding Harley Cameron insufferable without Saraya to bounce off of. But TITS, I guess. Swerve Vs. Rush was a decent effort. Shame Swerve completely fucked his promo. As already mentioned, poor production this week. Hopefully the Mox stuff actually gets to the fucking point soon. Still not sure why Hayter now looks like she walked out of the 70's. Pulls it off better than Mike Awesome, at least. Other stuff. 6/10 At least the Continental Classic is coming soon. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted November 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 15, 2024 1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said: I preferred wrestling when we didn't know, or care, about the political beliefs of the wrestlers. Also, bodyguards don't need to be good in the ring. It's the best use of a bodyguard. Chyna was shite in the ring but she was great as the bodyguard who stood up to everyone and beat up Mankind for weeks. Right, but she works in a women's division, following an election where abortion rights were a big issue. This isn't so much 'cancel the christian' as much as her colleagues likely wanting to work with her less as she posts publicly about being in favour of them losing rights. It may be nothing to do with it, as she's performing badly, but I could see there being a lack of faith in her. (Pun intended) Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 15, 2024 Author Posted November 15, 2024 37 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: They've also got a ton of bad talent that they're giving TV time to but shouldn't be. I'm looking at you Britt Baker! I don't think I've ever seen someone regress so much in my two decades of watching wrestling. Every aspect of her game just gets worse and worse as time goes by. Yeah absolutely agree there. I wonder what it is? I don't know if her heart just isn't in it, but it's crazy to think how over she was and how it looked like she was really improving and then it just didn't go anywhere with her. Such an odd case. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted November 15, 2024 Posted November 15, 2024 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: What's stopping you from continuing to consume wrestling that way? Wrestling. Quote
Guest Posted November 15, 2024 Posted November 15, 2024 2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said: Also, bodyguards don't need to be good in the ring. It's the best use of a bodyguard. Chyna was shite in the ring but she was great as the bodyguard who stood up to everyone and beat up Mankind for weeks. Forgive me for stating the obvious, but 2024 AEW is not 1998 WWF. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 15, 2024 Yeah the argument that bodyguards don't need to be good in the ring doesn't hold up when bodyguards in modern wrestling are fully expected to actually have matches. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted November 15, 2024 Posted November 15, 2024 She isn't even a particularly good bodyguard. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.