Paid Members RedTwoster Posted November 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2024 The Adam Cole/Malaki Black match was really odd. Is Black‘s contract finally nearing its end? Him inviting Cole’s finisher was odd, and the whole match felt awkward and strange. If this triple threat business is going to lead to a feud between Adam Cole and Roderick Strong…goodness me. Quote
Guest Posted November 7, 2024 Posted November 7, 2024 My 4 year old watched Cole v Black. Her main comment was "why is that man yellow?" "I don't know, my love. I don't know". Simpsons looking weirdo. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2024 For a big massive hench bloke Big Bill throws punches like a three year old. Pathetic. Show got off to a good start but that Endless Fight Without Honour killed the whole thing off. Utterly embarrassing affair. Quote
The King of Old School Posted November 7, 2024 Posted November 7, 2024 Malakai Black must be on his way out I'm guessing? No other reason as to why he would be losing to Adam Cole surely. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted November 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2024 (edited) Twice a year this man actually looks at the lights for a change, makes a big song and dance about dramatically leaving the ring, does a super melodramatic, “final look at the crowd,” and then gets mad that people try and figure out what the fuck is going on. Malakai Black one hundred per cent writes, “absolutely fuming, some people are snakes,” on Facebook, then gets annoyed when people want to know what’s going on. Absolute whopper. No wonder WWE locked him in a cupboard for four months. Best ever use of him. Edited November 7, 2024 by Supremo Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 7, 2024 Author Posted November 7, 2024 I hope people start chanting "you're retiring!" at him every single match just for a laugh. It'd be the most interesting thing to happen to him in ages. Quote
Paid Members Jesse Posted November 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2024 Was just complaining about this in the bad place. The most generous read is that he's thick as two short planks and has no idea what anything he does means and is genuinely mystified that people think doing that stuff signals a departure. The less generous read is that speculation about him leaving/retiring is the only thing that's been interesting about him for the last couple of years and it's a cynical way to keep his name in people's mouths and then beg off that it's totally unintentional and he has no idea why people say these things. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted November 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2024 Easiest way to distract the fans from your bi-annual clean loss, isn’t it? Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted November 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2024 He’s seemed miserable in AEW from the get go tbh. I feel he’s desperate to get back to WWE and will end up back there soon enough. He protects his win loss record more than Lesnar or Goldberg. It’s not like he was a main event star on the main roster in the ‘E. He’s also wearing Blanche Hunts glasses. Quote
Chili Posted November 7, 2024 Posted November 7, 2024 (edited) Anytime I think of spooky boy Malakai I remember this tweet our Ian put up from Brian Myers. Poor Malakai, never minded him in-ring, but as @Supremo said, he's got proper 'DM me babez' vibes about him. Edited November 7, 2024 by Chili Quote
Joe Blog Posted November 7, 2024 Posted November 7, 2024 One of my mates was involved in the UK/Europe scene and spent a lot of time with Black, he said he spoke in riddles back then and would get pissed off when people didn’t have a clue what he was talking about, seemed to be the type to say weird shit in the hope people would be intrigued and want to know more but people were mainly just baffled. I like to think my mate and Black had exchanges alike to Science and Derek from BB. ”So that’s the finish Malakai, do you understand it all” ”Not only do I understand it, I overstand it. Also i’m not losing.’ Quote
andrew "the ref" coyne Posted November 7, 2024 Posted November 7, 2024 1 hour ago, Joe Blog said: One of my mates was involved in the UK/Europe scene and spent a lot of time with Black, he said he spoke in riddles back then and would get pissed off when people didn’t have a clue what he was talking about, seemed to be the type to say weird shit in the hope people would be intrigued and want to know more but people were mainly just baffled. I like to think my mate and Black had exchanges alike to Science and Derek from BB. ”So that’s the finish Malakai, do you understand it all” ”Not only do I understand it, I overstand it. Also i’m not losing.’ I've met guys like this in both the UK and Australian scene. I call them 'faux intellectuals'. It's when people, of reasonable intelligence, mistake being very opinionated and cryptic with being highly intelligent and insightful. They're usually talented in their own right, but often not worth the pain of them hanging around a locker room due to them being manipulative and constantly looking down on people who see right through them. Quote
Version1.0 Posted November 7, 2024 Posted November 7, 2024 8 hours ago, The King of Old School said: Malakai Black must be on his way out I'm guessing? No other reason as to why he would be losing to Adam Cole surely. I hope it's the (Tommy) end. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted November 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2024 (edited) It wasn't the strongest show but I enjoyed it. Nearly choked on my digestive when Excalibur went 'Is this the best version of Adam Cole?!' No Excalibur, it isn't. Chris Jericho must be over the moon that Cole is back because it means he's no longer the worst thing in AEW. Adam Cole is fucking awful at the moment. Even the AEW crowd who are usually pro-Cole have started booing him and there's large periods of silence throughout his matches. And he's only been back two weeks! It's going to hurt next week if he beats Takeshita. I still think they can salvage something with Cole, he's talented enough. But they just need to kill this MJF thing dead as nobody gives a fuck, and get him doing absolutely anything that doesn't involve MJF, Roderick Strong and Kyle O'Reilly. Powerhouse Hobbs was a cracking surprise, great to have him back on the roster. Jamie Hayter is still fantastic. The opening tag was a strong match too and DQ finishes are still so rare in AEW that they draw genuine heat. So yeah, a lot of good stuff going on but the shows would be improved tenfold if Adam Cole visited a gym once a week. Edited November 7, 2024 by Lorne Malvo Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 8, 2024 I liked a decent amount of the show. Book ending the show with two strong tag matches was really good and more interesting multi man matches with stories behind them are needed on Dynamite. They're a great way to a) have good TV matches, b) showcase multiple people and stories in one segment and c) build up PPV singles matches. Regular booking like this will go a long way. They've got some good stories going on at the moment - the BCC stuff, Hurt Syndicate, HOOK/Christian and Callis Family related bits are all cooking nicely. However. I don't think it can really be avoided or ignored much longer but the Jericho stuff and the MJF/Cole stuff is just a massive black hole of shit that is dragging down the entire shows. You can't say you're "where the best wrestle" then have this stuff taking up upwards to 45 minutes of your weekly flaghead TV show. They are going to have to face up to it sooner rather than later. It just kills these shows dead and they have to try and recover the rest of the show and that's really hard to do. Why do they think anyone cares about Chris Jericho vs Tomohoro Ishii? Why is Mark Briscoe (a mege babyface in waiting) being wasted on this? Why are you giving fans rematches of NXT stuff from five years ago? Why are you feeding a massively underutilised act like House of Black to someone as shit as Adam Cole to build up a match with MJF that no one even wants? I'm banging my head against the wall to understand why they are doing this stuff. Or at least move it to Collision so you spread out your stars a bit more. Hangman/Jay White is on the surface a perfectly ok midcard feud but it's a massive waste of Hangman. After All Out they should have had a big story planned for him. He felt like such a big deal and a potential game changer for them. This stuff is pure treading water and all that momentum is gone. I think I've been feeling a bit down on AEW recently because of that general feeling of whenever something good or exciting happens just knowing that they are highly unlikely to capitalise on it and will likely squander it. For all the great stuff that happens every week it's equally as disheartening when you see so much potential being wasted every week too. Best part of the show was Claudio murdering Darby by throwing him into the ring post. Darby's skeleton must be made out of rubber. Every week he takes bumps that if I took them I'd be laid up in bed recovering for a year. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.