CDM Posted October 31, 2024 Posted October 31, 2024 2 hours ago, RedTwoster said: I mean, who knows. Who’d have ever predicted Wheeler suits would be such an effective prick heel, or that PAC could be so intimidating while was Adrian Neville in NXT? Or Bayley, when she was a smiley babyface in NXT? Maybe Cassidy, Darby and Willow have that in them too - they’re all very talented, and I’m sure they could all be effective heels if given the chance. That said, there’s absolutely no chance it’s happening with OC right now. The other two yeah I think you're right. But I will cry if willow ever goes heel. Ha ha there have been a few lifelong faces like steamboat but it is very rare I believe. Another one worth mentioning is Jack Perry. I mean I liked the jungle boy gimmick but it was only ever gonna get him so far. The heel gimmick he has now is brilliant imo Quote
CDM Posted October 31, 2024 Posted October 31, 2024 4 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: Ratings are not relevant to anything to do with AEW. If they were their licensing fee would have reduced rather than doubled and the highest paid ratings draws would be whoever it is that is the star of The Big Bang Theory. I think the ratings are just something that some people use to bash aew. But low ratings doesn't automatically mean low quality. I mean take the bryan Danielson v Nigel McGuinness match. Was still a good match with a good build up but you wouldn't be that interested in it unless you had watched ring of honor. Doesn't mean its not good. I'm not saying aew hasn't had problems over the last few years but most people seem to think it's better now than it was last year even though the ratings are down. Interestingly the ratings have gone up by 5 thousand or so each week the last 3 weeks. Maybe the ending to wrestledream was the right decision after all Quote
DavidB6937 Posted October 31, 2024 Author Posted October 31, 2024 1 minute ago, CDM said: I think the ratings are just something that some people use to bash aew. Perhaps but I don't think anyone does that on here. There's discussion but very little of what I'd consider anyone "bashing" AEW. A lot of people like some stuff and don't like other things. It's fairly reasonable. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted October 31, 2024 Members Posted October 31, 2024 4 minutes ago, CDM said: the ratings are just something that some people use to bash aew 4 minutes ago, CDM said: But low ratings doesn't automatically mean low quality. 5 minutes ago, CDM said: the ratings are down 5 minutes ago, CDM said: Interestingly the ratings have gone up Quote
CDM Posted October 31, 2024 Posted October 31, 2024 35 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Perhaps but I don't think anyone does that on here. There's discussion but very little of what I'd consider anyone "bashing" AEW. A lot of people like some stuff and don't like other things. It's fairly reasonable. I didn't mean on here mate. I mean keyboard warriors who probably never even watch it Quote
CDM Posted October 31, 2024 Posted October 31, 2024 35 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Perhaps but I don't think anyone does that on here. There's discussion but very little of what I'd consider anyone "bashing" AEW. A lot of people like some stuff and don't like other things. It's fairly reasonable. I didn't mean on here mate. I mean keyboard warriors who probably never even watch it Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted October 31, 2024 Awards Moderator Posted October 31, 2024 (edited) 6 hours ago, LaGoosh said: Kyle Fletcher is improving steadily but his theme music is just the worst shit ever. How can you say that about any wrestler’s theme music on a show that includes Mercedes Mone’s theme music? Edited October 31, 2024 by HarmonicGenerator C E Oh no it’s so so so bad why don’t they know Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 1, 2024 WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY NOT PUTTING THIS ON TV? So good, can't wait for her return. But hey, gotta make time for Jericho and Mone I suppose. ? Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted November 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 1, 2024 On 10/31/2024 at 9:29 PM, HarmonicGenerator said: How can you say that about any wrestler’s theme music on a show that includes Mercedes Mone’s theme music? I think what makes me so particularly angry about that music is that, since Mercedes has such a persistent habit of simply 'lifting' things from other wrestlers, I can't help but think she has blatantly stolen it from WALTER. Which isn't an issue in itself per se, but nobody has stopped to consider what made Symphony No. 9 (IV) effective as an entrance. The purposeful, imposing chords of the orchestral version are so very impactful that WWE even kept them in when def rebel fucked around with Gunther/Imperium's theme. What she enters to is an abhorrent musical abomination, and that's impressive when you consider I used the words 'def' and 'rebel' in the previous sentence. Quote
CDM Posted November 2, 2024 Posted November 2, 2024 Excellent dynamite this week. That orange promo was brilliant. I think the fact that casidy was on the independent scene before aew helped him as he was able to use that emotion to deliver it. I'm not sure if I'm just noticing it more or if it is different but it seems that aew are doing some little suttle things that really elevate the show. A few examples, Adam Cole going for a kick then holding back referencing his ankle, mvp phoning Bobby lashley instead of him just coming out. There were a couple of other things as well. Also I don't know about anyone else but I wasn't that interested in private party before. But the stipulation and the build up to the match. The reason whey were given the title shot made it so much better and was really glad they won the titles Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 2, 2024 Author Posted November 2, 2024 Nothing Adam Cole does elevates the show. Quote
CDM Posted November 2, 2024 Posted November 2, 2024 1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said: Nothing Adam Cole does elevates the show. He did seem to be getting a few boos didn't he?? I'm still undecided on him. He has had so many injuries and since I don't watch nxt I haven't seen the best of him yet Quote
The King Of Swing Posted November 2, 2024 Posted November 2, 2024 Watching Jamie Hayter morph into a Scooby Doo character, wasn't on my bingo card. Much, much, much better show than last week. There needs to be a UKFF Smug Prick of The Year award, just for Okada. That shit eating grin gets me every time. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted November 3, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 3, 2024 16 hours ago, The King Of Swing said: UKFF Smug Prick of The Year award We aren't doing negative awards for posters on here this year. Sorry. Quote
Chili Posted November 4, 2024 Posted November 4, 2024 I do wonder if someone like Bully Ray was simply born thick as mince or if it's a skill he's gradually fine tuned through his life. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.