Your favourite singers

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I think Newborn by Elbow is probably the most beautiful song ever, and I'd love to see it live one day but I have no idea how I'd get through it. I'd be a wreck.

The way he goes from the most delicate melodies to making me feel like I could headbutt through a wall when it all finally kicks off...I don't know how they do it.

Fucking incredible.

Seen them play it at the Octagon in Sheffield on The Seldom Seen Kid tour in 2008. That album is their last great hurrah for me, which is depressingly approaching its 16th anniversary.

• Paid Members

I'd like to echo the sentiments of the good Doctor, Richard Hawley has an amazing voice. A few years ago he did a cover of Blue Christmas on Lauren Laverne's 6Music show. It is both incredible and unfindable. 

I'd also echo Flips love of Liz Frazer. What a voice that is. A sound like no other human. 

13 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Sorry to keep hijacking with videos but this version of Rejoice is quite frankly something else.

When she gets to the chorus and refrain, it shows just what an amazing voice she has. 

Incredible. "Know my name and all of my hideous mistakes." I'm welling up just typing that. Why even pick up a pen again when that lyric exists? She's fucking won!