Wrestling Awards 2023 - Nominations

Frankie Crisp

• Awards Moderator

Time to shortlist the best and worst of shows you barely watch! Give us your picks for the following (you can have up to 5 noms per award):

THE GOOD
Best Women's Wrestler

Best Men's Wrestler

Best Tag Team

Best British Wrestler - British Wrestler in any promotion, not just UK-based

Best Non-wrestler

Best Event

Best Wrestling Show

Best Feud or Angle

Funniest Moment

Best Heel

Best Babyface

Best Podcast

Moment of the Year

Match of the Year

Promo of the Year – can be an individual promo or a two-person back and forth but please be specific i.e. show and date 

Breakout Star

THE BAD
Biggest Letdown

Worst Wrestler

Worst Non-wrestler

Worst Match

Worst Event

Worst TV Show

Please note – most nominations tend to land before the calendar year is up, so if you edit your post for whatever reason, please @ me and flag the changes so I can update things at my end.

Nominations locked on 7th Jan.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

THE GOOD

Best Women's Wrestler - Athena, Rhea Ripley, Willow Nightingale, Deonna Purrazzo and Toni Storm

Best Men's Wrestler - Gunther, Cody Rhodes, MJF, Swerve Strickland and Hangman Page

Best Tag Team - The Gunn Club, FTR, The Usos, The Creed Brothers and ABC (Ace Austin & Chris Bey)

Best British Wrestler - Drew McIntyre

Best Non-wrestler - Taz, RJ City, Paul Heyman, Nick Aldis and Prince Nana

Best Event - Wrestlemania Night 1, AEW All In, WWE Elimination Chamber 2023, AEW Wrestledream and WWE Backlash 2023

Best Wrestling Show - WWE SmackDown, Impact, WWE Raw

Best Feud or Angle - Christian Cage vs. Adam Copeland, The trial of Sami ZaynSwerve Strickland invades the Buddy Wayne Academy, Rey Mysterio vs. Dominik Mysterio and Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens vs. The Usos

Funniest Moment - Dominik Mysterio's prison entrance at Wrestlemania, Jeff Jarrett on the Briscoe farm, Christian Cage at the Wrestledream press conferenceDominik Mysterio and Rhea Ripley's Valentine's Day dinner and last but not least - Shane McMahon tears his quad at Wrestlemania

Best Heel - Christian Cage, Swerve Strickland, Dominik Mysterio, Logan Paul and Drew McIntyre

Best Babyface - Cody Rhodes, Sami Zayn, Willow Nightingale, Hangman Page and Mark Briscoe

Best Podcast - Wrestle Me

Moment of the Year - Sami Zayn turns on Roman Reigns at the Royal RumbleCM Punk returns at Survivor Series, Christian Cage tells Adam Copeland to 'go fuck himself'MJF/Adam Cole hug after losing to FTR and Anthony Bowens tells Harley Cameron he's gay

Match of the Year - The Usos vs. Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens (Wrestlemania), Gunther vs. Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre (Wrestlemania), Swerve Strickland vs. Hangman Page (Texas Death Match, Full Gear), MJF vs. Adam Cole (All In) and Athena vs. Willow Nightingale (Death Before Dishonor)

Promo of the Year - Cody Rhodes/Paul Heyman's Raw face-off (6/2 Raw), Swerve/Hangman face off ahead of Wrestledream (I wasn't crazy about it at the time, but on reflection, I was wrong), Seth Rollins confronts CM Punk (not everyone liked it, I did), Eddie Kingston's promo after losing to Bryan Danielson and Sami Zayn during the trial of Sami Zayn

Breakout Star - Dominik Mysterio, Takeshita, Swerve Strickland, Julia Hart and LA Knight 

THE BAD
Biggest Letdown - ROH still existing, AEW signs Ric Flair, Tony Khan's 'special announcements' , MJF as champion and AEW's treatment of its women's division

Worst Wrestler - Lexis King, Austin Theory, Gravity, Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy

Worst Match - Jeff Jarrett vs. Jeff Hardy (Texas Chainsaw Massacre death match), The Young Bucks vs. The Hardys (9/8 Dynamite), Adam Cole vs. Chris Jericho (Double or Nothing), Roman Reigns vs. Jey Uso (Summerslam) and Pac vs. Gravity (26/07 Dynamite - I struggled to decide what Gravity match to include, but it takes some going to have a bad match with Pac, so...)

Worst Event - AEW Fight for the Fallen (Dynamite edition), WWE Crown Jewel 2023 (didn't see it, but in terms of what it represents it deserves to be nominated), AEW Dynamite (25/10 - the one where Flair debuts), WWE Summerslam 2023 and AEW Battle of the Belts VII (...the main event was Luchasaurus vs. Shawn Spears)

Worst TV Show - ROH TV, AEW Dynamite, AEW Collision, AEW Battle of the Belts and NWA Power

(I'll add an explanation to the above - I don't think Dynamite or Collision are bad as such, but I think they consistently fail to live up to their very significant potential, and are continually blighted by bad decisions - whether it's bad comedy, spooky House of Black nonsense, the signing of Ric Flair or the utter mess that is the AEW title scene - 'most disappointing TV show' might be more accurate for how I feel about them. Battle of the Belts is crap, though.)

ADD:

Worst non-wrestler: Tony Khan, Kevin Kelly, Rick Knox, Don Callis, Stokely Hathaway

Edited by RedRooster

• Awards Moderator

THE GOOD

Best Women's Wrestler: I wouldn’t have expected this at the start of the year, but Julia Hart has been great in 2023. She’s got to grips with her character, has improved loads in the ring, and gets reactions. She’s ace.

The more obvious choice is Timeless Toni Storm. She’s reinvented herself this year and become a highlight of AEW. Chin up, tits out, watch out for the shoe.

I'll nominate Skye Blue as well. She might not be the best of the best but I've always enjoyed her matches this year.

Best Men's Wrestler: The clear first choice for me is Orange Cassidy. He’s lost all his momentum in the last couple of months, but January through to September he carried AEW.

Swerve Strickland should absolutely be considered here. WWE didn’t know what they had. AEW didn’t at first either - why was this star faffing about with Keith Lee for a year?

For a WWE choice, it’d be Gunther. I’ve barely seen WWE this year, but for a great showing in the Rumble and the best match at WrestleMania alone, he’s up there.

And then Bryan Danielson. Even with the constant injuries, this year he’s had the Iron Man with MJF, the Zack Sabre Jr match, the Strap match with Ricky Starks, and Continental Classic bangers with Eddie Kingston and Daniel Garcia. Imagine how good his year could have been if he wasn’t broken for most of it.

Last one is Samoa Joe. Partly because he's had a very good year, partly because he's one of my wife's favourites and she liked cheering for him at Wembley.

Best Tag Team: I’ve struggled to think of options here. I’m going to say The Acclaimed because my wife likes how silly and immature they are, and Better Than You Bay-Bay because it’s the most I’ve enjoyed Adam Cole ever.

Best British Wrestler: I don’t know if I like him, but it’s probably Will Ospreay isn’t it? I wish PAC had been around enough to vote for him.

Best Non-wrestler: Taz has had a good year. RJ City was a big benefit in getting the Timeless One over at first. And Prince Nana invented the Swerve Dance. 

Best Event: It has to be AEW All In: London. What a day that was.

Best Wrestling Show: Probably Dynamite I guess? When it’s good it’s really good.

Best Feud or Angle: The Bloodline was doing really well through January and February, and was good enough at its best that even though the wind went completely out of its sails after Sami lost, we shouldn’t forget about it.

Better Than You Bay-Bay made me like Adam Cole and turned the despicable MJF babyface. Good angle.

Funniest Moment: Jeff Jarrett dicking about on the Briscoe farm has to be up there.

Sue turning up in the minivan at Wembley had my wife laughing and chanting “Sue, Sue, Sue”. She’d never watched a full wrestling show before this. I call that a win.

Best Heel: First has to be Christian Cage. Horrible man.

Swerve Strickland, also a horrible man.

Dominik Mysterio, a horrible young man.

Best Babyface: I haven’t paid attention to the second half of his year, but in those early months Sami Zayn was at his babyface best.

Hangman Page has still gotta be up there.

Orange Cassidy during his first title run, each and every match had me rooting for him.

Mark Briscoe is a superb underdog.

And then probably Willow Nightingale because she has the happiest entrance music and how can she not make you smile?

Best Podcast: Still Wrestle Me. Nothing better.

G’dayEW is an Aussie AEW podcast by one of the Four Finger Discount guys and was usually a decent listen with episodes under an hour. They haven’t done one in a month though so it may be dead.

Moment of the Year: Sami Zayn turning on the Bloodline had to happen, and they got it right.

For a jump I never thought I’d see, honestly Adam Copeland debuting in AEW was the biggest shocker of the year, even including that other one in November. Although maybe "go fuck yourself" was an even better moment.

The huge, positive crowd reaction to Anthony Bowens telling Harley Cameron “I’m gay” on Rampage in, I wanna say July? Heartwarming to hear a wrestling crowd react like that - unimaginable even just a few years ago.

And for a smaller one, being at Wembley for the shot of Jon Moxley with the cooking skewers in his head was unforgettable. 80,000ish people all going “urrrrggh” at the same time.

Match of the Year: Swerve Strickland vs Hangman Page in the Texas Death Match at Full Gear. Grim, barbaric, spectacular.

Jon Moxley vs Orange Cassidy at All Out in September. They fucked it with the follow up, but this match was an absolute bloodbath that saw me desperate, desperate for OC to win while always knowing there was just no way he’d ever do it. Brilliant stuff.

Gunther vs Sheamus vs Drew McIntyre at WrestleMania was a cracker, and leagues ahead of any other of the limited WWE matches I saw in full this year.

Kenny Omega vs Will Ospreay at Forbidden Door. Not usually my kind of thing but dammit, they got me.

Promo of the Year: Cody Rhodes and Paul Heyman promoing each other in the ring on Raw, in the lead up to WrestleMania. I can’t recall the date but it’s the one where they both got emotional talking about Dusty. Impact lessens when you know Cody doesn’t win at Mania but still tremendous work from both.

More general, but any Christian Cage “dead dad” promo. 

Breakout Star: Swerve Strickland again. Has to be.

Daniel Garcia is probably a decent shout here too.

I couldn't stand Juice Robinson when he turned up in AEW but (one incredibly ill-judged promo aside) he properly turned it around.

LA Knight seems to have done well this year.

And you know what, I’ll throw in Julia Hart again. I think she’s believable as a champion right now, and wouldn’t have done a year ago.

THE BAD

Biggest Letdown: Cody Rhodes not winning at WrestleMania. Easy.

AEW’s women’s division booking. The only thing my wife didn’t like about Wembley was the fact that in five hours of wrestling there was only one women’s match. Sort it out.

Worst Wrestler: Gravity. Oh, and maybe Kota Ibushi because every time he's turned up in AEW he probably shouldn't have bothered. Karrion Kross.

Worst Non Wrestlerwhoever does the ring announcing on WWE PLEs these days because her fake dramatic big voice is so atrocious it's honestly one of the things putting me off trying to get back into WWE fully again. All entrances on mute.

Worst Event: The episode of Dynamite from last week (so 13th December) solely for that Golden Jets segment.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

16 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

The huge, positive crowd reaction to Anthony Bowens telling Harley Cameron “I’m gay” on Rampage in, I wanna say July? Heartwarming to hear a wrestling crowd react like that - unimaginable even just a few years ago.

How could I forget this?! That has to get a nomination for the reasons you state; particularly in the current climate where our politicians have made bigotry socially acceptable - sorry for doing this so soon, @Frankie Crisp - but I've updated my nominations to include this in moment of the year. 

(Erm, and also to include the Jeff Jarrett/Briscoe farm segment as that was fantastic - blame @HarmonicGenerator for having a better memory than me...) 

• Paid Members

Count another one for “Punk returns at Survivor Series” for Moment and “Cody loses at Mania” for letdown for me.

Probably the only two shows I watched unspoiled all year!

• Paid Members

THE GOOD
Best Women's Wrestler

Rhea Ripley, Toni Storm, Kris Statlander, Becky Lynch, Trish Stratus

Best Men's Wrestler

Christian Cage, Gunther, Sami Zayn, Chad Gable, Ricky Starks

Best Tag Team

FTR, The Usos, The Creed Brothers, Ricky Starks & Big Bill, Alpa Academy

Best Non-wrestler

Paul Heyman

Best Event

Wrestlemania (night one), AEW Full Gear, Summerslam

Best Feud or Angle

Cody Rhodes vs Roman Reigns, Sami Zayn breaks from the Bloodline

Funniest Moment

Christian Cage telling security to throw his daughter out, Shane McMahon tears his quad, Dominik Mysterio's Wrestlemania entrance, Toni Storm throwing her shoe at Renee Paquette, Christian Cage telling Edge to go fuck himself

Best Heel

Roman Reigns, Christian Cage, Logan Paul, Rhea Ripley, Dominik Mysterio

Best Babyface

Cody Rhodes, Jey Uso, Orange Cassidy, Sami Zayn, Becky Lynch

Moment of the Year

CM Punk returns at Survivor Series, Rhea Ripley beats Charlotte Flair at Wrestlemania, CM Punk posing with the 'Trans Lives Matter' sign fan at Wembley, Cody Rhodes loses to Roman Reigns, Cody Rhodes and Paul Heyman's promo on Raw

Match of the Year

Gunther vs Sheamus vs Drew McIntyre (Wrestlemania), Charlotte Flair vs Rhea Ripley (Wrestlemania), CM Punk vs Samoa Joe (AEW All In), Trish Stratus vs Becky Lynch (Payback), Cody Rhodes vs Brock Lesnar (Summerslam)

Promo of the Year – can be an individual promo or a two-person back and forth but please be specific i.e. show and date 

Cody Rhodes and Paul Heyman on Raw

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

THE GOOD
Best Women's Wrestler - Willow Nightingale, Athena, Kris Statlander

Best Men's Wrestler - Orange Cassidy, Bryan Danielson, Swerve Strickland

Best Tag Team - Better Than You Bay-Bay, FTR, The Gunns, Jay White & Juice Robinson

Best British Wrestler - Will Ospreay

Best Non-wrestler - Prince Nana

Best Event - AEW All In, AEW All Out, AEW Wrestledream

Best Wrestling Show - AEW Dyanmite, AEW Collision, AEW Rampage

Best Feud or Angle - Hangman Page vs Swerve, Adam Cole and MJF go from enemies to best friends, Orange Cassidy's body slowly breaking down from relentless title defences.

Funniest Moment - Hangman Page threatens to steal Prince Nana's weed, Christian telling Adam Copeland to go fuck himself.

Best Heel - Swerve Strickland, Christian Cage

Best Babyface - Orange Cassidy

Moment of the Year - Kenny Omega kicks out at 1 at Forbidden Door 2. Jon Moxley gets skewers in his head and 80,000 people lose their minds at All In. Hangman drinks Swerve Strickland's blood at Full Gear. Anthony Bowens announcing he's gay on Rampage. The Elite finally re-unite when Omega and The Bucks save Hangman from the Blackpool Combat Club.

Match of the Year - Hangman Page vs Swerve Strickland, Texas Death match, AEW Full Gear. Kenny Omega vs Will Ospreay, AEW Forbidden Door 2. Jon Moxley vs Orange Cassidy, AEW All Out. FTR vs Bullet Club Gold, 2/3 falls on Collision. Bryan Danielson vs Zack Sabre Jnr, Wrestledream.

Promo of the Year – Hangman Page faces off with Swerve Strickland, on AEW Dynamite ahead of Full Gear and verbally destroys him and threatens to steal Prince Nana's weed.

Breakout Star - Swerve Strickland

THE BAD
Biggest Letdown - CM Punk returns to AEW more miserable than ever, is involved in petty drama every week, does nothing of note on TV, gets sacked.

Worst Wrestler - Kota Ibushi, turns up under loads of hype completely out of shape and just wanders around doing nothing, acting weird and being shit.

Worst Match - Blood and Guts. With the story and wrestlers involved it should have been one of the craziest and most exciting matches of all time. Instead it's a poorly produced dud.

Worst TV Show - WWE NXT. 

Edited by LaGoosh

On 12/21/2023 at 11:07 AM, Frankie Crisp said:

THE GOOD
Best Women's Wrestler Julia Hart, Kris Statlander

Best Men's Wrestler Orange Cassidy, Moxley, Claudio, Swerve Strickland 

Best Tag Team FTR,  Acclaimed

Best British Wrestler - British Wrestler in any promotion, not just UK-based Will Ospreay

Best Non-wrestler Tony Schiavone, Renee Paquette, Prince Nana, Nigel McGuinness

Best Event All In, 

Best Wrestling Show Dynamite, Collision

Best Feud or Angle MJF v Adam Cole, Kingston v Claudio, Continental Clasic tournament

Funniest Moment Anthony Bowens coming out on TV, Toni Storm/Renee Paquette, Cole/MJF at All In with the t shirts, Jarrett at Briscoe farm, MJF/Cole when they were becoming friends, 

Best Heel Christian Cage, Swerve Strickland, Daddy Magic for his commentary 

Best Babyface Jon Moxley, Hangman Page, Samoa Joe (even though he's meant to be heel) 

Best Podcast

Moment of the Year Cole/MJF closing out All In with the hug, Samoa Joe doing his 'walking away move and having the finger up, MJF/ Cole with the chairs at Wembley, Sami Zayn turns on Reigns at Rumble

Match of the Year Swerve/Hangman TDM, Mox v Cassidy Full Gear, 

Promo of the Year – can be an individual promo or a two-person back and forth but please be specific i.e. show and date Toni Storm and Renee Paquette doing anything. Jon Moxley hinting at giving up during the CC but then absolutely spinning it around and inviting anyone to take their shot whilst sitting on the stairs, 4 Pillars promo that was a little unexpected but brilliant IMO

Breakout Star Julia Hart, Orange Cassidy, Bullet Club Gold

THE BAD
Biggest Letdown Ric Flair in AEW, Sammy Guevara (just what is he doing)

Worst Wrestler Chris Jericho, Gravity, 

Worst Match Stadium Stampede at All In. Not going to be popular, but some amazing moments during it granted, but its not a stadium that lends itself well to a match like that and without commentary it quickly became a bit 'dunno what's going on', Women's match at All In - so obviously Saraya would win with the whole bring her family out and most fans very 'whatever' about it. 

Worst Event

Worst TV Show NXT

Worst non-wrestler - Jim Ross, CJ Perry

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete
Added some further nominations

• Paid Members

THE GOOD
Best Women's Wrestler - Athena has been excellent all year, nobody is on her level at the moment. Julia Hart, Kris Statlander, Willow Nightingale Billie Starkz all good to great too.

Best Men's Wrestler - Orange Cassidy is the heart and soul of AEW. By far my most loved wrestler this year. His first title run was the most I've ever been invested in a title reign since I was about 10. Bryan Danielson and Jon Moxley are having bangers every single week and make it look easy. 

Best Tag Team  - The Acclaimed have ran out of steam the past few months but still had a very good year. FTR are still great and I've got the added benefit of not reading Dax moaning on Twitter. The Gunns are a great oldschool heel team and vastly underrated (I don't think Colton has ever had a match outside of AEW - it's easy to forget how early into their careers they still are). Better Than You Bay-Bay had some great feel-good moments.

Best British Wrestler - British Wrestler in any promotion, not just UK-based Will Ospreay 

Best Non-wrestler - Don Callis is still fantastic. Prince Nana just as good and it's lovely to see him finally getting to do it on a big stage. Taz is always on the list, I love him. Renee Paquette and Lexy Nair both show more personality in their backstage interviews than the wrestlers do at times. 

Best Event - AEW All In was special, loved it.

Best Wrestling Show - Dynamite. For me it's my favourite wrestling TV show ever. Sure it has the odd lulls and weirdly dead episode here and there but the vast majority of the time, I really enjoy it.

Best Feud or Angle - Jack Perry vs Chistian Cage was great at the start of the year. Blackpool Combat Club vs The Elite, Castagnoli vs Eddie Kingston, Jon Moxley vs Orange Cassidy, Christian Cage vs Adam Copeland

Funniest Moment - Christian Cage getting his daughter thrown out of the building, Toni Storm accepting her championship like she'd won an Oscar, 

Best Heel - Christian Cage has been ridiculously good this year. So hateable. Swerve Strickland up there too. There's not that many options this year though, AEW used to be really good at getting the heels booed and the faces cheered but the lines are a little too blurred for my liking this year.

Best Babyface - Orange Cassidy gets me invested in his matches like nobody else. Mark Briscoe is phenomenal. MJF has pulled off one of the finest babyface turns in a long-time in that I genuinely believe he is trying to be a better person despite his nature. Eddie Kingston is one of the most vulnerable characters in all of pro-wrestling and pulls it off perfectly, the fans are with him every step of the way. 

Moment of the Year - the crowd pop huge for Anthony Bowens saying he's gay, CM Punk with the trans rights sign, Jon Moxley skewers in the head, Hangman drinks Swerves blood, and the most heartbreaking moment of the year, Jon Moxley beats Orange Cassidy for the International Title.

Match of the Year - Moxley vs Cassidy, All OutSwerve vs Hangman, Full Gear. Stadium Stampede, All In.

Promo of the Year – can be an individual promo or a two-person back and forth but please be specific i.e. show and date Hangman to Swerve, Dynamite 15h Nov.

Breakout Star - Takeshita and hopefully next year is even bigger for him.

THE BAD
Biggest Letdown - CM Punk returns to AEW carrying a sack, wearing shite tights and doing poor promos, AEW's stop-start pushes meaning people like Takeshita and Hobbs lose all their momentum, Reigns beats Cody 

Worst Wrestler - Gravity (can't even do the slow-mo walk properly), Ross Von Erich, Serpentico, Hardyz

Worst Non-wrestler - Tony Khan, I don't even have Twitter but his few appearances on screen are always dreadful. Kevin Patrick who commentates the whole time like he's cutting a promo, stop shouting at me! Alex Abrahantes is a fucking dork. 

Worst Match - Roman Reigns vs Jey Uso is still going on, Von Erichs vs The Outrunners (may be some recency bias there but it was dire)

Worst Event - WWE in Saudi Arabia

Worst TV Show - Collision is a lot better now but those early months were rough going. I find Raw and NXT unwatchable mostly but it's not really fair to vote for them when I've seen less than 10 episodes!

Edited by Lorne Malvo

THE GOOD
Best Women's Wrestler: Giulia, Bianca Belair, Tam Nakano

Best Men's Wrestler: Will Ospreay, Bryan Danielson, Swerve Strickland

Best Tag Team: MJF and Adam Cole

Best British Wrestler - Will Ospreay, Zack Sabe JR

Best Non-wrestler: Don Callis

Best Event: AEW Forbidden Door, WWE Money In The Bank

Best Wrestling Show: AEW Dynamite

Best Feud or Angle: Roman Reigns Vs Sami Zayn, 

Best Heel: Christian Cage, Roman Reigns, 

Best Babyface: Orange Cassidy, Eddie Kingston

Best Podcast: OSW Review

Moment of the Year: CM Punk returns to WWE

Match of the Year: Will Ospreay Vs Kenny Omega at Wrestle Kingdom, Will Ospreay Vs Kenny Omega at Forbidden Door, Hangman Page Vs Swerve Strickland at Full Gear

Breakout Star: Dominik Mysterio, Swerve Strickland, 

THE BAD
Biggest Letdown: CM Punks return to AEW

Worst TV Show: Rampage, NXT

• Paid Members

THE GOOD
Best Women's Wrestler - Athena - Everytime I've tuned into ROH PPVs she's knocked it out of the park.

Best Men's Wrestler - Jon Moxley - Dependable and consistent and works through almost everything.

Best Tag Team - Crap year for tag wrestling. I'll go for Jay White & Juice Robinson for dragging some great matches out of FTR.

Best British Wrestler - Will Ospreay - The best British wrestler of all time? Possibly. 

Best Non-wrestler - Prince Nana

Best Event - AEW Revolution- Hangman/Mox, Bryan/MJF, Elite/HoB are the peaks of a card that never dips below AEW's high PPV standard.

Best Wrestling Show - AEW Dynamite - Even though half of it has been shite, the other half was routinely good to great.

Best Feud or Angle - Mox vs Hangman - It annoyed all the right people, so that alone gets it a thumbs up.

Best Heel - Swerve Strickland

Best Babyface - Orange Cassidy

Best Podcast - GRAPPL Spotlight

Moment of the Year - Adam Page drinks Swerve's blood

Match of the Year - Adam Page vs Swerve Strickland, Full Gear

Breakout Star - Swerve Strickland

THE BAD
Biggest Letdown - CM Punk, The Elite, and Tony Khan refusing to be adults and doing what's best for business and for the fans.

Worst Wrestler - MJF - A pro wrestler of his stature, position and pedigree should've known better but he let it all go to his head and his worse instincts came out.

Worst Match - MJF vs Adam Cole, All In 2023 - Ah yes, a championship main event at Wembley based on friendship and hugs and Amateur Dramatics and a match layout that went against every single fiber of my being. 

Worst TV Show - AEW Dynamite - Even though half of it has been good to great., the other half was routinely shite. A massive fall from grace.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

THE GOOD
Best Women's Wrestler

Willow Nightingale, Iyo Sky, Rhea Ripley

Best Men's Wrestler

Cody Rhodes, Christian, Samoa Joe

Best Tag Team

FTR

Danny Boy Johnson

Best Non-wrestler

Tony Schiavone 

Best Event

All Out 2023

Best Wrestling Show

Smackdown

Best Feud or Angle

Christian vs Darby Allin

Funniest Moment

Christian getting his daughter kicked out, Shane McMahon's Wrestlemania appearance

Best Heel

Christian, Swerve, Dominick Mysterio 

Best Babyface

Cody, LA Knight

Best Podcast

Wrestle Me

Moment of the Year

KO and Sami beating the Usos at Wrestlemania, CM Punk returns to WWE

Match of the Year

MJF vs Brian Danielson (Revolution 2023), Gunther vs Drew McCintyre vs Sheamus (Wrestlemania 39), Kenny Omega vs Will Ospreay (Wrestle Kingdom 17), FTR vs Juice Robinson and Jay White (2 out of 3 Falls Collision July 15)

THE BAD

Worst Wrestler

Chuck Taylor

@Frankie Crisp - added FTR vs Jay White and Juice Robinson to best match list 28/12 14.35

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members

THE GOOD
Best Women's Wrestler - Rhea Ripley, Willow Nightingale, Toni Storm, Iyo Sky

Best Men's Wrestler - Gunther, Cody Rhodes, Bryan Danielson, Swerve Strickland 

Best Tag Team - FTR, Creed Brothers

Best British Wrestler - British Wrestler in any promotion, not just UK-based - Can’t stand him but Will Ospreay

Best Non-wrestler - RJ City, Prince Nana, Renee Paquette

Best Event - All In, All Out, Revolution 

Best Wrestling Show - Dynamite (For all its sins is still mostly enjoyable)

Best Feud or Angle - Dominik Mysterio prison entrance, Hangman Page vs Swerve Strickland, Strickland breaking into Hangman’s house, Nick Wayne attacked by Swerve and Fox in Buddy Wayne’s home.

Funniest Moment - Hangman threatening to take Prince Nanas weed

Best Heel - Christian Cage, Swerve Strickland, Dominik Mysterio

Best Babyface - Cody Rhodes, Sami Zayn, Mark Briscoe, Willow Nightingale

Moment of the Year - Owens and Zayn win the tag titles at Wrestlemania, Zayn turns on Reigns at the Rumble, CM Punk returns at Survivor Series, Christian tells Adam Copeland to go fuck himself.

Match of the Year - The Usos vs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn (Wrestlemania Night 1), Gunther vs Sheamus vs Drew McIntyre (Wrestlemania Night 2), Swerve Strickland vs Hangman Page (Full Gear), MJF vs Bryan Danielson (Revolution), FTR vs Juice Robinson and Jay White (2 out of 3 Falls Collision (2 out of 3 Falls Collision July 15)

Breakout Star - Swerve Strickland, Konosuke Takeshita, Julia Hart

THE BAD
Biggest Letdown - Punk and The Elite not being able to settle their differences, MJF still being champion, Cody not winning the title at Wrestlemania

Worst Wrestler - Austin Theory, Kommander, Gravity, Ross and Marshall Von Erich

Worst Match - Adam Cole vs Chris Jericho (Double or Nothing), Austin Theory vs John Cena (Wrestlemania Night 1)

Worst Event - Crown Jewel 

Worst TV Show - Rampage

• Paid Members

THE GOOD
Best Women's Wrestler

Anthea, Rhea Ripley, Kris Statlander, Toni Storm

Best Men's Wrestler

The year of Swerve. Bryan Danielson, Kenny Omega, Will Ospreay

Best Tag Team

FTR, MJF/Adam Cole, Bullet Club (White/Robinson)

Zack Sabre Jr

Best Non-wrestler

RJ City

Best Event
AEW Full Gear, AEW All In, Money in the Bank, AEW All Out

Best Wrestling Show

Dynamite has been the most consistent, but Collision would probably have won based on the last few months

Best Feud or Angle

Swerve vs Hangman, Eddie Kingston Vs The World

Funniest Moment

DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE

Best Heel

Christian Cage

Best Babyface

Sami Zayn, MJF, Eddie Kingston, Orange Cassidy

Best Podcast

Wrestle Me 

Moment of the Year

MJF and Cole win the ROH Tag Belts at Wembley, Seek and Destroy for Stings entrance, Sue pulling up at Wembley Stadium, CM Punk shows up at Survivor Series

Match of the Year

Swerve/Page Texas Death Match, FTR vs Bullet Club Gold 2/3 falls on Collision, Ospreay vs Omega Forbidden Door

Adam Copeland and Christian Cage (Dynamite Debut)

Breakout Star

Swerve Strickland

THE BAD
Biggest Letdown

Wrestlemania Night 2, CM Punk: Man baby at large. Adam Cole getting injured, Samantha Irvin ring announcing and complaining on twitter if people don't like her work.

Worst Wrestler

Nia Jax, Seth Rollins

Worst Match

LA Knight vs Bray Wyatt (RIP) Mountain Dew Pitch Black match at Royal Rumble 2023 

Worst Event

WWE Crown Jewel

Worst TV Show

RAW, NXT

Edited by Hannibal Scorch