Gigs you can watch at home of the day thread

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
On 12/22/2023 at 9:25 PM, FelatioLips said:

The whole show is sublime but the pure joy the whole band has watching the keyboard solo at 47:30 almost single handedly made me a fan of the entire genre of Japanese Fusion Jazz.

This is incredible! Best thing I've watched for ages. Just finished it and loved it, nice one.

On 12/21/2023 at 11:42 PM, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

The Jacksons reunion at the MJ anniversary show, breezing through some of their big hits in quick succession, including a duet with NSync on Dancin Machine and Michael making I’ll Be There (my favourite J5 song) sound even better with his deeper vocal 

Thanks for sharing this. I have a memory of watching it on ITV fairly soon afterwards, and then I never heard anyone mention it ever again. To the point where I wondered if I had imagined the whole thing, as there is definitely a fever dream quality to it. “Remember that Jacksons reunion where they stopped mid-medley to go and piss about with the Olympic torch?” 

• Paid Members

Not a gig, per se, but this is Iris: A Space Opera, the Justice movie based on them performing a truncated version of their Woman Worldwide live set from the time. I remember going to see it at the cinema when it was out. Some of the visuals are pretty special, especially with how reflective they get all those shiny stones on the floor. I also love when Valentine (the cross that used to be onstage during their first twotours) turns up for the stuff from their first album. Lovely bit of nostalgia for me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...