AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 discussion

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I’m still mulling over whether to buy this or not. I feel very apathetic about this whole card. The bundle offer is tempting, though, so thanks @TheBurningRed and others for pointing it out.

I'm feeling the same about this one, nothing on the card grabbing me at all. That bundle offer effectively makes this a free show if you can get it for the converted price though, so there's a temptation there.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

For anyone who uses Fite and has seen the bundle offer for the remaining four AEW ppvs for £70, don’t use the app to buy it. Use the actual website. It converts it from dollars and only came to £58. 

Cheers for pointing this out, decided to go for it based on that!

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

For anyone who uses Fite and has seen the bundle offer for the remaining four AEW ppvs for £70, don’t use the app to buy it. Use the actual website. It converts it from dollars and only came to £58. 

Have you got a link to this? I can't find it, everything diverts directly to my app.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Have you got a link to this? I can't find it, everything diverts directly to my app.

https://www.fite.tv

Mine came up asking if I wanted to switch to the app when I signed in but I just ignored it and went ahead. If this keeps redirecting you to the app, I’d just delete it temporarily and use the browser. 

16 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

A further heads’ up - if you have Roku, I recommend buying the bundle via the Fite app there instead - it’s only £49.99.

• Paid Members

Looks like Wheeler Yuta will be taking the fall and getting the hoof from the BCC based on the Dynamite main event and Danielsons comments about not cover both shoulders and giving him a talking to after the match. He has never felt like a good fit for them. 

Feels like the right time for a PAC return in the run up to Wembley. 

• Paid Members

What was becoming one of AEW’s worst pay per views of all time, with an ice cold crowd and weird, unsatisfying booking, was completely redeemed by the last two matches delivering by the truckload. I’ve never seen a show saved so spectacularly. Back to back five star belters.

Wednesday can’t come soon enough. Save us, Kota!

Weird and unsatisfying is correct!

I thought Jericho and Cole was poor with a dodgy ending; the way the Jade stuff panned out was beyond frustrating; starting with the battle royal didn't work for me (or the crowd I guess) although I liked the last few minutes; and the camera work was shoddy throughout and missed SO much, I felt.

Was the sound all over the place too for other folk? Entrances were hard to hear, the crowd was quiet, and you could hear a bunch of spots being called in-ring and I never usually catch that stuff. I also try not to moan about whatever commentary team they go for, but Jim Ross did not have a good one here.

Maybe worst of all, Jamie Hayter v Toni Storm was atrocious and if they really wanted that outcome to set up London, and with Hayter's injuries, they should have gone down the Christian/Jungle Boy route with a 3 second "match".

The world title match was fun but still suffered from knowing the likely outcome, and the main event was a decent enough watch, with my fave part being the exploding superkick! The rest of the bouts were fine (the tag, trios, and TNT title matches).

Edited by Mr.Showtime
More complaining