They've had a hard paper round

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Had a 21 year old girl in work yesterday who looked at least 50.  I think she was possibly lying as when I asked her for her ID she muttered something to the woman she was with, who, passed her a passport with this woman’s photo sellotaped over the space where the real photo should have been.   Told her I was confiscating it, so her and her mate screamed something in their language at me, lifted their skirts up, flashed their Fanny’s at me and ran out screaming.  Not even had my first brew.

3 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I know Russell Brand is an absolute dickhead, but Ponderland had one of the all-time best examples of this:

Beat me to it. First thing I thought when I saw this thread. Me and my mate Tom used to use him as an example when one of us was hungover or looked like shit. "Rough night was it? You look like Danny Meeks"

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I know Russell Brand is an absolute dickhead, but Ponderland had one of the all-time best examples of this:

To be fair to "Young" Danny Meeks the tap water in Flint Michigan is so polluted you can set it on fire so there's no surprise he looks old. 

• Paid Members

How have we made it this far without mentioning Arn Anderson who, apart from being a bit greyer now, looks the same as he did in NWA Television back in the late 80s.

I'll put myself in this thread as well because while some people nowadays sometimes struggle to tthink I'm 43, instead thinking I'm somewhere around 30, they also used to think I was around 30 when I left high school. 

I did have a long paper round as well. It was like 5 and a half miles. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

Alan McInally was surprisingly old-looking. When I saw his photo sticker in the Italia '90 Panini set, I thought he looked like he should have retired already.

Here's him at Celtic in his early 20s.

b25lY21zOmUxYzMwMTk5LWI2MzMtNGM4Yi05OTRk

19 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’ve said it before but society was far better when having a shaved head was unacceptable unless you were Yul Brenner. Every bollocks I’ve worked with who thinks he’s king shit has a shaved head. They always see themselves as the top dog alpha male type. Guaranteed they wouldn’t be so high and mighty and full of misplaced self confidence if they had a receding hairline for all to see and had the piss ripped constantly about it. You’re bald by choice? Like shite you are. 

They often have the weird thing where they look simultaneously old AND like babies.

William Hague at 33:

William-Hague.jpg

Jacob Rees-Mogg at 30:

United-Kingdom-Glenrothes-1997-General-E

Both could conceivably be 60 and at the same time 18.

I've spent the last 18 months or so researching my local non-league football team, which has involved an awful lot of time down the library going through their newspaper archives on the microfilm. I often get distracted reading what else was going at the time, this was once such instant.  Meet 16-year old David Everton (clipping is from some time in the early-to-mid 1980s).

spacer.png