They've had a hard paper round

Gus Mears

19 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Alan McInally was surprisingly old-looking. When I saw his photo sticker in the Italia '90 Panini set, I thought he looked like he should have retired already.

Here's him at Celtic in his early 20s.

b25lY21zOmUxYzMwMTk5LWI2MzMtNGM4Yi05OTRk

If Kirk from Corrie and Woody Harrelson had a child. 

• Paid Members
On 5/17/2023 at 8:32 PM, Keith Houchen said:

I’ve said it before but society was far better when having a shaved head was unacceptable unless you were Yul Brenner. Every bollocks I’ve worked with who thinks he’s king shit has a shaved head. They always see themselves as the top dog alpha male type. Guaranteed they wouldn’t be so high and mighty and full of misplaced self confidence if they had a receding hairline for all to see and had the piss ripped constantly about it. You’re bald by choice? Like shite you are. 

I feel sorry for folk in the 1970s when longer hair was everything. Imagine clinging on to rapidly decreasing locks back then.

As someone who accepted my fate early on due to every bloke on my dad’s side being bald as can be, I’m just glad that having a shaved head is no big deal any more.

Was also slightly funny carrying on as usual with the old bic razor when others were losing their minds when the barbers were shut over lockdown.

Not going to lie though, footballers rushing to get hair transplants are terrible role models and that’s a hill I’ll happily die on.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I feel sorry for folk in the 1970s when longer hair was everything. Imagine clinging on to rapidly decreasing locks back then.

As someone who accepted my fate early on due to every bloke on my dad’s side being bald as can be, I’m just glad that having a shaved head is no big deal any more.

Was also slightly funny carrying on as usual with the old bic razor when others were losing their minds when the barbers were shut over lockdown.

Not going to lie though, footballers rushing to get hair transplants are terrible role models and that’s a hill I’ll happily die on.

This was the case for me too. Went bald at 26/27, and I do feel lucky I hit adulthood in an era when shaving your head no longer makes you a bovva boy or a Nazi. Was still a difficult time of adjustment, though: I'd grown up seeing the sort of shite society liked to sling at bald/balding men. They got mocked for going bald, and they got mocked for taking any of the few measures there were to do anything about it.

And yeh - lockdown was an easier time for me in the hair stakes, as it was just a case of busting out the clippers when I needed. There was one point where, because nobody was expected to be presentable, I decided to grow out my hair, just to see what I might look like. Took bloody ages to even get to short crop length.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

I think Rush is about 23 in this pic. spacer.png

Filed under "rough paper round but won the lottery"

The new life of Ian Rush, the Wales football legend who still lives with  one regret - Wales Online

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Roger de Courcey and his shite bear. Rog another one clinging on to his moss well into the 1980's and fooling no one. He's about mid 30's here.

51mvh5whaL._AC_SY445_.jpg.ee2111ec8e9832cc2c8d27767ed63956.jpg

The glare off his head dazzles the audience so nobody sees his lips move.