AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

Trademark and rumours of the Saturday show predated Punk being the supposed lynchpin to the deal. When you see how badly Rampage's ratings have eroded you can understand why WBD and AEW would want to move onto something different.

I'm of the opinion that this is all leaning into the shooty bollocks TK is happy to sign off on.

I see a lot of Collision is cause of punk across twitter and Reddit, when in reality with his record of being out for ages can’t be true. Aew arent getting 2hrs a week extra off one guy, yeah the execs are hoping he’s back on tv but I think some are getting carried away with it being the cm punk show, then a show that cm punk will be on. They aren’t the same thing 

Petulant child in throwing a wobbly shocker.

Obviously he’s great to have on the show when he’s motivated and in a good place, but fucking hell he’s fucking hard work. Even putting him on his own show with the rest of the problem kids has this feeling that he’s just going to throw a strop, fallout with all of them and walk at a moments notice

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

It's a tricky balance isn't it. Punk will help ratings and make you money but he is a bellend. TK isn't stupid and he must know that every show squeezed out of Punk will help establish Collision. TK must figure it won't he many because Punk is always gonna Punk but he can give Punk the rope to hang himself and get an initial ratings boost. 

I’d say based on his IG story he’s just coming back as a troll, better than you heel type.

The ‘when you’re king it comes with the crown’ line just doesn’t seem like him. He’s a prick, but he’s not that kind of prick.

He’s also a worker. I think he’s just coming back and is going to lean into this pantomime villain of the internet aura he’s got now.

1 hour ago, Factotum said:

He kicked off at Bryan Alvarez. Nobody really cares.

He’s also kicked off again about unqualified people being in roles they shouldn’t. 

8 minutes ago, Louch said:

He’s also kicked off again about unqualified people being in roles they shouldn’t. 

Punk having a pop on instagram on the day they announce a show that basically means he's coming back? Maybe I'm cynical but not entirely sure I buy the reality of that

9 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Punk having a pop on instagram on the day they announce a show that basically means he's coming back? Maybe I'm cynical but not entirely sure I buy the reality of that

Given the elite are in a feud that’s about to have its first multi man, and aew tend to have these things drag out across a few, where’s the benefit in him stirring the elite pot last night? 

• Paid Members

Jesus christ all of this is so boring. If it's real, I hope that pathetic little bitch fucks off forever. If it's a work the idea of watching Punk do a miserable egomaniac shooty character fills me with dread. That this nonsense exists alongside the brilliant Elite/BCC stuff is painful.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

This was all put in motion when they were on better terms, the last 24 hours has clearly changed that. Yes, Collision was all on the back of Punk, but they have now had to change advertising etc in a short space of time, remove Punk from the marketing at launch, which clearly would have been better and had more eyes on it with Punk on there. So yes, it was worth it, when Punk was the main star, but at present he isn't. Toys being thrown out ever 6 months isn't worth anything. If you can't put long term plans in because of fragile ego's, then it isn't worth it. 

Isn't Collision being based on Punk just pure speculation!? Where's the marketing they had to change last minute to remove him? Has anyone actually seen it?

Am I missing something, or is this all genuinely over a couple of relatively harmless Instagram stories? And a dirt sheet rumour that he wants his bitey mate back?

28 minutes ago, Louch said:

By “kicked off”, I hope you’re referring to this because lmao:

D1721436-C46-A-4-E43-BA9-D-018551217461.