AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

With it being the first ever European show and in such a big venue, it’s a complete unknown as to how it’ll sell because there’s nothing to go off but I can see them doing a good number. You’ve got to say anything above 40k/50k would be a win in their eyes.

I do think it’s a tad over grandiose in booking Wembley Stadium as opposed to Craven Cottage but I suppose you’ve got to try to make a big first impression.

Venue isn’t the concerning thing for me, the match card is. I don’t doubt they will put good matches on but with All Out being the week after, will any of the matches here have any real meaning? Like are they really going to do something big like Omega vs. CM Punk, for example, if they have their big domestic show the very next week?

46 minutes ago, METAL ON METAL said:

With it being the first ever European show and in such a big venue, it’s a complete unknown as to how it’ll sell because there’s nothing to go off but I can see them doing a good number. You’ve got to say anything above 40k/50k would be a win in their eyes.

I do think it’s a tad over grandiose in booking Wembley Stadium as opposed to Craven Cottage but I suppose you’ve got to try to make a big first impression.

Venue isn’t the concerning thing for me, the match card is. I don’t doubt they will put good matches on but with All Out being the week after, will any of the matches here have any real meaning? Like are they really going to do something big like Omega vs. CM Punk, for example, if they have their big domestic show the very next week?

Craven cottage only holds a out 22k, may as well use an arena. You can't use it during the season anyway. You are pretty much only able to use national stadiums such as Wembley, Hampden, Twickenham, Murray field or Cardiff. 

All Out hasn't actually been officially announced yet has it? with a date and venue? I wouldn't be surprised if you saw All Out put back until early October. Eyes will be on this show, far more than All Out so I think think they will put big matches on this. 

17 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Craven cottage only holds a out 22k, may as well use an arena. You can't use it during the season anyway. You are pretty much only able to use national stadiums such as Wembley, Hampden, Twickenham, Murray field or Cardiff. 

All Out hasn't actually been officially announced yet has it? with a date and venue? I wouldn't be surprised if you saw All Out put back until early October. Eyes will be on this show, far more than All Out so I think think they will put big matches on this. 

You could easily get 30k+ in Craven Cottage when you factor in pitch seating and a modest stage set up. You’re right though, I forgot about it being a few weeks into the season. Fair play to Khan though, very ballsy move.

You’re probably right, that would make sense. Although really they should’ve just branded this show as being All Out, fuck those needy Chicago fans.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, METAL ON METAL said:

You could easily get 30k+ in Craven Cottage when you factor in pitch seating and a modest stage set up.

Wouldn't even need a stage - just have everyone come out the front door of the cottage.

25 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Hasn't been announced. Anthony Bowens said it would still be the following week (labour day weekend as usual). There's also been no news on All In being a PPV.

Before all this, and the height of CM Punk returning chatter pre-IG post, Meltzer & some others had All Out being moved to United Center.

1 hour ago, westlondonmist said:

You can't use it during the season anyway.

You could during an international break, easily.

They could've chosen other venues (Spurs probably being the best option in terms of a modern stadium) but they've absolutely chosen Wembley for the name and the heritage. 

It's one of, if not the, most iconic stadiums in the world.

7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

You could during an international break, easily.

They could've chosen other venues (Spurs probably being the best option in terms of a modern stadium) but they've absolutely chosen Wembley for the name and the heritage. 

It's one of, if not the, most iconic stadiums in the world.

International break means it's out of the Summer holiday time frame. Something like this is dependent on travelling fans. They're definitely hoping to tap into fans travelling from the continent and even those North American fans that go to their big events.

Doing it in August for most club grounds is mainly a problem because fixture lists won't be known until June. Which wouldn't give the same time to promote the event effectively.

Hey lads, do you know what would be real clever and something nobody has ever done? Use “London Calling” by the awful band The Clash in any tv spots to emphasise its in London. Nobody has ever done that before. 

5 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Hey lads, do you know what would be real clever and something nobody has ever done? Use “London Calling” by the awful band The Clash in any tv spots to emphasise its in London. Nobody has ever done that before. 

It honestly didn't occur to me that there were people out there that didn't like the Clash.

• Paid Members

My friend has already told me he's after tickets, even if he has to sit in the nosebleeds. It'd be a great experience. Train down, overnight bus back maybe so I don't have to be dashing off to Euston like I did at that Progress show.