AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Are these real people?

Anthony Ogogo is mentioned in the press release. 

3 minutes ago, Supremo said:

CM Punk. Kenny Omega. Tony Bellew as ringside enforcer. They’ll be hanging from the rafters

1B1858B0-F0D0-42D9-B271-5617542825FC.thumb.jpeg.619057dd29deef457800e0d4659d2474.jpeg

Fuck my mates wedding, I'm sold. 

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Who the fuck is Tony Bellew?

Reminds me of a post from years ago on here when Jesus debuted in WWE as someone's bodyguard I think and someone asked on here 'Who the fuck is Jesus?' Still makes me smile now at how the written word changes the spoken word somewhat.

19 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Summerslam allegedly did 80k. At a time you could only watch WWF if you were lucky to have Sky or bought VHS tapes.

To be fair that’s an argument as to why it was so popular rather than against. There wasn’t American wrestling in the UK so people just had to go - AEW are competing with the biggest company in history who put on regular UK shows and are running the same area just over a month prior.

8 hours ago, quote the raven said:

OK i got a travel lodge booking first thing this morning.

The hotel is now showing as sold out. 

Its going to sell out the stadium isn't it?

Because a Travelodge is sold out? Put the Evostik down mate. 

How many does the travelodge hold? 😂

They could stick it on posters for the rest of time - "Sold out Wembley Travelodge in 2023". 

I’m less concerned about whether is it sells out (I think it will), I’m more worried about the weather. August bank holiday weekend……ask the Reading Festival crowd, it’s guaranteed to piss it down. 

3 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

No need to worry about coverage. I've just checked and there's 20 chip shops in the area, so they'll be getting two posters each. I've not even looked up roundabouts or bus stops yet.

God, it would be a wonderful bit of nostalgia if they put a flyer in every chippie in the south east with “American Wrestling” and a stars and stripes background, pictures of Sting and Jarrett from the 90s, Samoa Joe from 2006 and the promise of a Battle Royal.

People talking it down because they don't like AEW aside, I don't understand why they're having All In one weekend and All Out the following weekend.

If the big announcement was All In in Soldier Field or some well-connected stadium in the US, I would understand it.  However, to hold a stadium show in the UK and then hold what is supposed to be your signature event a week later, it feels completely off.  It feels like a missed opportunity.