AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

2 minutes ago, textonly said:

This is what a round trip through the true blue British heartlands will do to you.

Hah. "Is that spaghetti!?" was genuinely my first thought while watching that spot. Glad I didn't say it outloud to anyone.

Pastamania runnin wild!

all-in.jpg

Absolutely loved this. I was first row in the top tier and I would absolutely go for similar seats again next year.

MJF is the guy, isn't he? He's been in sensational form recently, but he was on another level here. I'm another who's not a big Adam Cole fan but he's also been great in this entire story. I fully bought him whacking Max with the belt to win, and was surprised when it didn't happen. Can't wait to see what's next.

Eddie Kingston is the best.

The only real disappointment, and it's a very small complaint, is that my section was super quiet. Hardly anybody was getting involved in the chants, or even responding to anything that was happening, which was quite uncomfortable when my mate and I plus the handful of others who were making noise wanted to join in. 

Absolutely certain the fan @HarmonicGenerator referenced was a friend of mine who I wasn't sat with. I can hear some of the comments in his voice clear as day, particularly about hating the Young Bucks and how Eddie Kingston is fat and shit.

Shit myself when they announced next year's event though, I was certain it was about to clash with my wedding, fortunately it's the weekend before. My fiancee is a gem though, and her only concern was that I'd look at CM Punk the wrong way and I'd end up with a black eye in the wedding photos.

Edited by Slapnut

• Paid Members

I was a little worried beforehand that we wouldn't be able to see anything from our seats and that the screens would be too small. However, it was too bad at all.

My niece/nephews had a few older fans ask them about their signs in the stadium and on the train which was very nice, you could see how happy they were that people said they liked them.

My only issue is I was expecting this to be a one-off....now they're coming back next year, they all want to go again 😀

DSC05075.thumb.JPG.ec9ae893c82b0637b9e09abb2e3e3471.JPG

DSC05088.thumb.JPG.c467853112665a903ff5fb8871f6b77a.JPG

664437c8-cdfc-43c8-8d07-449ee7c5996c.thumb.jpg.5406df64be3f351da94d46e39e079bc2.jpg

2b4a98dd-2f51-4f6a-816f-9e2c07277631.thumb.jpg.e8ada2842fbed15ca0fd1cd57350c6e6.jpg

• Paid Members

Just got fully caught up on the thread now and didn't see this mentioned yet. Were we supposed to know what that Penta return bit was about? I'm a semi-casual AEW viewer, I'm used to some stuff going over my head. That seemed like it went over everyone's heads though. No one around me reacted at all. It was a weird miss when nearly everything else on the show went over so well.

3 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Just got fully caught up on the thread now and didn't see this mentioned yet. Were we supposed to know what that Penta return bit was about? I'm a semi-casual AEW viewer, I'm used to some stuff going over my head. That seemed like it went over everyone's heads though. No one around me reacted at all. It was a weird miss when nearly everything else on the show went over so well.

They explained it on tv, but I, along with those around me, also missed the he reference. Apparently it’s like an “extreme” version of Penta or something.

3 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

He has done Penta Oscuro before. I mainly remember it for Alex Abrahantes coming out dressed as a cloaked gravedigger and tombstone as part of an entrance. . 

It's meant to be Dark Penta, but there's no difference to the act. Its not like Finn Balor to the Demon or Bray Wyatt to the Fiend where there's a real shift in appearance. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Loki said:

If that's directed at me, then I'm sorry for mentioning it as it's obviously upset you!

Wasn't directed at you specifically and I wasn't upset. More frustrated that a great thread about one of the most historic shows of all time was being derailed by bad posters (not you) posting the same miserable, boring, stupid and bad faith shite they always post.

Watching the show back I much preferred the Omega six man, it felt a bit heatless on the day (understandable considering how rushed the story for it was). Considering that Omega and Hangman got two of the biggest pops it's still a shame they didn't have something better for them. And please no more Kota Ibushi - he has not impressed. 

That Nick Jackson post is very heartwarming and lovely.

I was a huge fan of the entrance way. It looked cool, unique and big time without being an enormous, monstrous set. It being smaller highlighted how big the crowd was. Particularly liked the corridor aspect of it.

Edited by LaGoosh

7 hours ago, JLM said:

Yeah it didn’t work so well in the arena. He should have just been Penta Oscuro from the start. They took out his brother he should already be in evil mode. 

Also I don't recall the commentators even mentioning that Penta was taken out of the match which made it even more awkward. 

I actually thought he was injured.