Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I don't know, I think there's a definite vibe in here of people sort of hoping he fucks up again to justify their dislike of someone they don't know who may have done things they don't know the details of and potentially pissed other people they don't know off.

And it's not just on here, it's all over the Internet. 

Calling him a 'cunt' is deeply strange to me, especially as currently he's cracking on just fine, people seem to be liking him and he's doing great work. He's had professional differences with people in the past, but has since found somewhere that seemingly suits him better. Good for him. 

He's a thin skinned wrestler, as discussed, but they all are. They're essentially bad actors working in the only jobs that'll have them and let them perform, so theyre all utterly desperate for status and to keep their platforms. The minute they get a sniff of proper acting they're off like a shot. 

I may retire my involvement in this thread until peoples dreams come true and he thumps Grayson Waller in catering for using real barbed wire or something. Because, as it stands, he's just fine and getting along with people just fine.

Phil Brooks. All grown up.

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I don't know, I think there's a definite vibe in here of people sort of hoping he fucks up again to justify their dislike of someone they don't know who may have done things they don't know the details of and potentially pissed other people they don't know off.

And it's not just on here, it's all over the Internet. 

Calling him a 'cunt' is deeply strange to me, especially as currently he's cracking on just fine, people seem to be liking him and he's doing great work. He's had professional differences with people in the past, but has since found somewhere that seemingly suits him better. Good for him. 

He's a thin skinned wrestler, as discussed, but they all are. They're essentially bad actors working in the only jobs that'll have them and let them perform, so theyre all utterly desperate for status and to keep their platforms. The minute they get a sniff of proper acting they're off like a shot. 

I may retire my involvement in this thread until peoples dreams come true and he thumps Grayson Waller in catering for using real barbed wire or something. Because, as it stands, he's just fine and getting along with people just fine.

Phil Brooks. All grown up.

No, he’s definitely a cunt.
 

But I don’t think there’s anyone here who wants him to fuck up. I mean I still think he will at some point, but I’d rather he didn’t and actually ended his run properly without burning the last bridge. It would be nice for that to happen and that will be down to him to make happen.

Posted

Go and retire then. He's a CUNT and I love it, and I'd love him to fuck it all up because they're all millionaires and I have absolutely nothing riding on it but being amused by the drama. They're creeps and carnies working in a scummy business. They're all thin skinned, but Punk is tremendous at it, because he's that type of cunt. But if he doesn't cock it up, meh, I'll wait for the interviews when he gives out, because he will, he's in his mid 40's and all the sudden found his chakra and inner peace? Aye.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

No, he’s definitely a cunt.
 

But I don’t think there’s anyone here who wants him to fuck up. I mean I still think he will at some point, but I’d rather he didn’t and actually ended his run properly without burning the last bridge. It would be nice for that to happen and that will be down to him to make happen.

One post later, just one post, someone said 'I'd love him to fuck it up'.

I actually agree with everything you say here Scorchers, apart from him being a cunt (but mainly because I don't think there's many places you can go after that word, and there's definitely worst people in the world).

I hope he finishes on a high and goes out happily. He's a top talent, with a history of personal issues sure, but for the joy he's brought me in multiple companies I hope he gets a happy final run.

I don't really hope anyone fucks anything up, other than say Farage at election time.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz
Posted

Depends on how we’re defining cunt I suppose. I don’t think anyone (maybe Scorch aside) thinks he’s an actually bad person. I think his biggest problem above his thin skin and ego is his lack of self awareness. I don’t think he was deliberately being creepy with the ladies of AEW but I don’t think he thought of the optics of him going around randomly gifting them stuff. He probably thought “I’m CM Punk, all round good guy. The ladies don’t get half the perks I do so I’ll even it up” then went round giving them free coffee’s. Same with the Jack Perry stuff, he actually believed giving him a bit of a choking was better than a black eye. He’s like the epitome of all heels believing they’re doing the right thing. Obviously we can put him in full cunt territory if he burns down Colt Cabana’s house or something.

Posted

There's an element at play also - I think - of Punk being scrutinised far more because he was the O.G. "Relatable, trades ECW tapes, just like me!" indie wrestler of the early 2000s. It's not saying much but in relative terms he's probably in the top 25% of decent wrestlers. The equivalent thread for literally 50 - 100 of the top guys in the industries history would be absoloute fish-in-a-barrel stuff but nobody's arsed because there's expectancy and they're sort of cartoon psychopaths. I'm sure there's people out there anticipating Punk's next gaffe who are also your demographic who post "TWO LEGENDS TOGETHER AT LAST" comments under new episodes of All Lives Matter with Mark Calaway. 

Posted (edited)

I mean Hannibal is a die hard AEW mark and a hangman mark. Are you surprised he dislikes punk? Also he isn't a cunt to the guy who said he was. Hogan is a cunt, Benoit was. Punk is just a prick. Is a difference. 

Edited by TheScarlettChad
  • Paid Members
Posted

If everyone can keep their heads on, Punk and Owens has the potential to be an all-timer feud. Kingston and Punk on steroids.

But it's definitely a worry. If they start colouring outside of the lines and riffing, there isn't a more dangerous man in the business to pair with Punk.

If The Elite can wind Punk up to the point he loses his mind, Kevin's like their older, funnier, wittier brother. In the form of his life. In his car. Being right. As Undisputed WWE Champion.

  • Paid Members
Posted
33 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Like ever, it'd be ruined if they turn out to be nerds who think anyone wins by trying to just humiliate or undermine the other.

And as much as I like Owens right now, there's no way he's not going to show SOLIDARITY to his PWG mates. I'm not looking forward to those promos at all.

  • Paid Members
Posted
31 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

I mean Hannibal is a die hard AEW mark and a hangman mark. Are you surprised he dislikes punk? 

What's that got to do with anything? Punk has been hugely divisive on here (any everywhere else , probably) for nearly 20 years. 

I've always liked him, personally, because he's a fucking great pro-wrestler. And at one point, because I thought he had principles. What a mark.

Posted

Always remember he posted a pic with Drew McIntyre next to a nonce and named a sexual predator on TV that Drew couldn't really acknowledge, and he did this with someone he enjoyed working with, unless they planned ALL of that. He's cool as fuck until you score one over him. He's great, we all know one of him.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Taking into account the political views he's been brave enough to espouse on wrestling TV, I'd say CM Punk is a very good example of when being a good person is not necessarily the same as being a nice person.

As someone who's enjoyed his work but been broadly lukewarm on him as a fan, I'd rather he was around than not. He's a nobhead, but he's not a cunt.

  • Paid Members
Posted
34 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

I mean Hannibal is a die hard AEW mark and a hangman mark. Are you surprised he dislikes punk? Also he isn't a cunt to the guy who said he was. Hogan is a cunt, Benoit was. Punk is just a prick. Is a difference. 

Scarlett Choad, other than trying to figure out which one of those you are (a Hogan or a Punk), I am guilty of being an AEW fan, for sure. I am not a mark for the company or Hangman. I chose my avatar, because it was one of the most hilarious things he's done. I am not sure what former banned poster you are (and frankly, don't give enough of a shit to work it out) but, spoiler alert, I never liked Punk in WWE. I thought his run at the start of AEW was actually great. The man who felt he had no way back to the industry he seemed to love so much, had a chance to make a comeback and go out on top. By his first title run I had soured on him, and after all the stuff regarding brawl in and not showing up to announce Collision at the upfronts, it was clear that he wasn't getting what he wanted from AEW and wanted out. And the best thing would have been to split. But Tony Khan was desperate to keep him and it only made things worse for all parties.

Is the man a massive hypocrite? Yes. Do I want him to fail miserably like he has so often before, no. Because he means a lot to some people and who doesn't like a good redemption story. Just because I don't care for it, others do and thats fine.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...