TheScarlettChad Posted December 19, 2024 Posted December 19, 2024 1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Scarlett Choad, other than trying to figure out which one of those you are (a Hogan or a Punk), I am guilty of being an AEW fan, for sure. I am not a mark for the company or Hangman. I chose my avatar, because it was one of the most hilarious things he's done. I am not sure what former banned poster you are (and frankly, don't give enough of a shit to work it out) but, spoiler alert, I never liked Punk in WWE. I thought his run at the start of AEW was actually great. The man who felt he had no way back to the industry he seemed to love so much, had a chance to make a comeback and go out on top. By his first title run I had soured on him, and after all the stuff regarding brawl in and not showing up to announce Collision at the upfronts, it was clear that he wasn't getting what he wanted from AEW and wanted out. And the best thing would have been to split. But Tony Khan was desperate to keep him and it only made things worse for all parties. Is the man a massive hypocrite? Yes. Do I want him to fail miserably like he has so often before, no. Because he means a lot to some people and who doesn't like a good redemption story. Just because I don't care for it, others do and thats fine. I have nothing against you mate, I'm just sick of people shitting on Punk and bigging up The Elite, And no, I'm not a banned poster. I've not insulted you, so don't take it as a insult. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted December 19, 2024 Posted December 19, 2024 (edited) Scorcher is one of the good ones. He's a little Tribal, but he doesn't wish harm on anyone. Him and Gooshy might be this forums AEW ultras, but they live by a gentlemanly code. It's all good. Edited December 19, 2024 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Guest Posted December 19, 2024 Posted December 19, 2024 You know a thread has run its course once it descends into semantic discussions about the very nature of the thread, and what specific ranking of insult someone deserves. Took 170 pages though, so yay us? Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted December 19, 2024 Posted December 19, 2024 2 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: Scorcher is one of the good ones. He's a little Tribal, but he doesn't wish harm on anyone. Him and Gooshy might be this forums AEW ultras, but they live by a gentlemanly code. It's all good. Yeah he's not a prick, I was just trying to defend my man Pepsi. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted December 19, 2024 Posted December 19, 2024 (edited) 5 minutes ago, Duke said: You know a thread has run its course once it descends into semantic discussions about the very nature of the thread, and what specific ranking of insult someone deserves. Took 170 pages though, so yay us? I'm an optimist, but even I'd worry that closing the thread would be tempting fate. Do you know one of the things I do sometimes think about Punk, as I think (what I know of) his personality type probably lends itself to really intense fads that ultimately pass; I wonder how much he really considers himself a 'punk' anymore. Like, deep down, I wonder if the whole 'straight edge' thing has run it's course. I'm not saying he's drinking now or whatever, but the idea that's his identity... I dunno. You see him, he's back working for the man, he loves wearing the suits, he wants to act and be a TV presenter, he's got Nike Air Jordans on his feet at all times. I dunno. It took him longer than most but I wonder as he's drifted into middle age whether he's drifted away from those key flags in the ground that made him who he was. Courting Mainstream Punk. Edited December 19, 2024 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted December 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 11 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I'm an optimist, but even I'd worry that closing the thread would be tempting fate. Do you know one of the things I do sometimes think about Punk, as I think (what I know of) his personality type probably lends itself to really intense fads that ultimately pass; I wonder how much he really considers himself a 'punk' anymore. Like, deep down, I wonder if the whole 'straight edge' thing has run it's course. I'm not saying he's drinking now or whatever, but the idea that's his identity... I dunno. You see him, he's back working for the man, he loves wearing the suits, he wants to act and be a TV presenter, he's got Nike Air Jordans on his feet at all times. I dunno. It took him longer than most but I wonder as he's drifted into middle age whether he's drifted away from those key flags in the ground that made him who he was. Courting Mainstream Punk. What is the US equivalent of Country Life butter? Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted December 19, 2024 Posted December 19, 2024 2 minutes ago, mim731 said: What is the US equivalent of Country Life butter? Has he done a Slim Jim advert yet? Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted December 19, 2024 Posted December 19, 2024 6 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: Has he done a Slim Jim advert yet? Hopefully soon! Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted December 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 It was one of the most sublime moments in WWE TV history when he demanded for the ice cream bars to be brought back. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 19, 2024 Posted December 19, 2024 I'm surprised Seth Rollins hasn't set fire to a freezer full of them by now. Quote
Guest Posted December 19, 2024 Posted December 19, 2024 5 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: I'm surprised Seth Rollins hasn't set fire to a freezer full of them by now. That feels more like a Logan Paul move. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted December 19, 2024 Posted December 19, 2024 3 minutes ago, Duke said: That feels more like a Logan Paul move. Speaking of which, wasn't he meant to retire? Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted December 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 54 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Do I want him to fail miserably like he has so often before What else has he failed at aside from being an MMA fighter? Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted December 19, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 (edited) 53 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: Him and Gooshy might be this forums AEW ultras, but they live by a gentlemanly code. It's all good. And despite what some people think I actually criticise AEW all the time. I love it but I'm not blind to their many, many flaws and problems or to the many incompetencies of it's owner. But CM Punk is also a massive dickhead. At the end of the day it's all nonsense like everything else in wrestling I suppose. Edited December 19, 2024 by LaGoosh Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 19, 2024 Members Posted December 19, 2024 On 12/16/2024 at 1:00 PM, SuperBacon said: CM Punk continues to live rent free in everyone's heads. Well would you look at that... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.