CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

12 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

The difference between that and smack down is rock wasn't 40, so I guess my question still stands.

TNT Nitro = TBS Thunder with Bret Hart

TBS Dynamite = TNT Collision with CM Punk

Turner back then and WBD now, want more wrestling content because it's relatively cheap dependable programming. 

1 minute ago, Infinity Land said:

Turner back then and WBD now, want more wrestling content because it's relatively cheap dependable programming. 

This pretty much sums it up.

If the network are willing to chuck more money at TS for extra content then he isn't going to refuse.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

This pretty much sums it up.

If the network are willing to chuck more money at TS for extra content then he isn't going to refuse.

But the network weren't throwing money at thunder, and wcw pushed back. That's even been referred to in this thread.

Unless I'm missing something and someone who isn't a total knob like IL is can fill me in.

I apologise if my analogy wasn't spot on. I heard there was a new 2hr wrestling show coming and being associated with a one older star, and with the 90s fresh in my mind watching a YouTube series, Thunder was what popped into my head. Regardless of who put forward the idea, whether it was AEW or the network, it seems a massive risk considering at least two new shows have been launched in the past year and TK seems just as involved in them as his flagship show, plus market saturation. If Punk is going to be thr focus, it'll be interesting seeing if there is a specific style or direction. 

On 4/21/2023 at 8:54 PM, CavemanLynn said:

Punk is going to be thr focus, it'll be interesting seeing if there is a specific style or direction. 

I'm assuming the show will be centred around Punk introducing a new best friend each week, who he proceeds to get fired.  And then in the closing credits he'll run down the Dynamite roster ala "Whose Line Is It Anyway".

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Saw Punk was hanging out with Tamina. So he's already been punished enough.

The $500 Starbucks card he likely gave her is probably her bigger per show payoff in years 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

God I love CM Punk. I really do. Wrestling needs a proper, Hogan-esque backstage politician who is happy to stir the pot. 

I think comparing Punk, a shit stirring crybaby dickhead, to Hogan, a master politician who always was on top getting paid the big bucks for years might be pushing it a slight bit. 

Though part of me would love to see a Hogan in his prime face off with Punk, he would have run rings around him.