TNA… Cross the Line again

garynysmon

The rebrand got me thinking about what a variation TNA have had in terms of production and look over their 21 years from looking like a mix of old school hassling venue and ECW in the Asylum to having all the glitz in the Impact zone onto using big arenas to weired empty shows in places like Manhatten Ballroom, budget impact zone and how they finally present. I can't think of another promotion with those kinds of ebs and flows

The production around the time Bischoff/Hogan came in was great. I never really recall them having any issues there. Really tight crew with capturing a lot of the action in high flying, multi man matches, good in-house theme songs that sounded wrestler-y and catchy, sharp graphics, good voiceovers and what at the time felt like a much more modern approach to doing backstage segments where the camera placement was a little more inconspicuous to give you more of the feel that you were getting the drop on something. 

Heard good things about Bound For Glory. I'll have to check it out when I have time.

Glad they've went back to TNA. Impact Wrestling Impact was always felt like a budget brand. At times I think they've realised the mistake with the ill fated GFW Impact attempt and the talk of a 2nd TNA show around the time they brought the TNA title back. There's more value and investment in TNA than anything Impact Wrestling is likely to ever do.

I also don't think the name is as bad now as it was at the time it started. Does anyone really use phrasing like Tits and Ass these days? 🍆💦🍑 and OF causes more commotion. We've had 20 years of texting, limited word counts on social media, and random new companies that random words & acronyms have become part of everyday usage.

2 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yeah but 'hard to bump in' beats 'aesthetically pleasing to look at' when it comes to the reasons wrestlers won't want it to make a comeback. 

Safety first i was just saying six sides has a lot of nostalgia too it...and mark my words six sides will be back full time or even for a random ppv with in the first year of the rebranding.

• Paid Members

I'm pretty sure they've already said they're not going to be using the 6 sided ring. It is odd that they've decided to go with it, but as has been said, there's the nostalgia factor. 

Get Bichoff back in as GM!

TNA was the little train that could.  For all the lolTNA they also put a fantastic product out for many years and gave a platform to a generation of wrestlers who would otherwise have been passed over (Styles, Joe, Daniels, Abyss, Lethal etc)

They also had a proper women’s division at a time WWE didn’t even have a women’s title.

And I personally loved the Hogan era, warts and all.

51 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Surely after all these years they could design a 6 sided ring that's not going to kill your spine? Is AAA's the same as it's always been?

Yeah I was thinking that there must be a safe and better way of designing the six sides now then there was when it was introduced 20 years.