Thought it was a pretty average show evaluated in parts by a hot crowd.

Love Swerve but the rest of those Mogul Embassy scrubs can just fuck off.

Would laugh my arse off if Storm immediately lost the woman's title on a house show. 

Main event was fine as far as mixed tags goes. 

BCC were great. 

Don was great, could have done without Takeshita going down the clichéd cut most of my promo in Japanese route. Just have him say the final bit that was in English.

Nyla got a title shot. 

Some other stuff. 

2 hours ago, gmoney said:

I called this weeks ago, thoughI don't think he was every as bad as people were making out. 

As someone who’s not seen any of these Bullet Club guys before, Juice seems like a more interesting character than Jay White, who’s a bit bland.

• Paid Members

D7DA2508-F2D1-48A9-B176-F3ACA03B99EF.thumb.jpeg.adba58374a68410e0d14d15e823096fc.jpeg

So many announcements to essentially just say, “CM Punk isn’t drawing like we’d hoped.”

Still, one can only dream. Punk vs. Double J feels so close you could taste it!

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

D7DA2508-F2D1-48A9-B176-F3ACA03B99EF.thumb.jpeg.adba58374a68410e0d14d15e823096fc.jpeg

So many announcements to essentially just say, “CM Punk isn’t drawing like we’d hoped.”

Still, one can only dream. Punk vs. Double J has feels so close you could taste it!

No one is drawing are they, apart from the London show ticket sales are sluggish everywhere, and when they have spent time snidely slagging Punk off to their fans why would he draw?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

No one is drawing are they, apart from the London show ticket sales are sluggish everywhere, and when they have spent time snidely slagging Punk off to their fans why would he draw?

Have they? Outside of Omega and The Bucks clowning it up a little in one match, and Mox's immediate response, it seems like AEW has been really careful around how they've talked about Punk.

• Paid Members

Your probably right Chris, perhaps I am been a little harsh. Here's the optics of it though. Punk has been off TV much longer than Kenny and the Bucks. That looks like a longer punishment than they got, meaning that Punk must be more to blame. I may be misremembering but I can't recall that they said Punk was injured, even though he was for a while. We all know he is a dick, and had the network not wanted him he would most likely have sat at home with his ball and never been seen on AEW TV again.

Admittedly it's all much easier with hindsight and honestly I don't know what I would have done, but Punk hasn't been treated like a star while he has been off TV, it's not a surprise he isn't shifting tickets now is it. 

• Paid Members

To be fair, I think the string of announcements were always planned. An announcement each week leading up to the event feels pretty par for the course.

I don't think anyone was expecting CM Punk's return to be anything like the level of the last time - after all, last time was his return after 7 years, and a really big deal. This time isn't that.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Chris B said:

To be fair, I think the string of announcements were always planned. An announcement each week leading up to the event feels pretty par for the course.

It's the kind of can't-win situation companies like AEW and WWE find themselves in all the time. If they hype the show up with a series of weekly announcements it gets sneered at and the old Dixie Carter 'another announcement?!' shite gets spouted.

Whereas if they didn't do this it's easy to imagine the criticism would be 'Collision starts in a few weeks and nothing has been announced, TK is clueless, do they even want it to succeed?' etc.

Basically, wrestling fans will take any oppportunity they can to have a snide moan.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

3 hours ago, Chris B said:

Have they? Outside of Omega and The Bucks clowning it up a little in one match, and Mox's immediate response, it seems like AEW has been really careful around how they've talked about Punk.

The Elite have been coming out to Carry On Wayward Son for nearly 9 months. You don’t think those opening lines arn’t aimed at Punk?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The Elite have been coming out to Carry On Wayward Son for nearly 9 months. You don’t think those opening lines arn’t aimed at Punk?

Erm... no. They've used it in BTE in the past, they've talked about how it's one of their favourite songs, and it's a good entrance tune.

Since the song is clearly from the POV of the wayward son as well, I don't really see how it could be about Punk. Unless you're just hearing 'don't you cry no more' and reading a lot into it. 

14 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Erm... no. They've used it in BTE in the past, they've talked about how it's one of their favourite songs, and it's a good entrance tune.

Since the song is clearly from the POV of the wayward son as well, I don't really see how it could be about Punk. Unless you're just hearing 'don't you cry no more' and reading a lot into it. 

Ah, so it’s one of those “well they explained it on Being The Elite” scenarios, just like in the early days.

As for your second point, that and “there’ll be peace when you are done” are what I read to be taking aim at Punk, but as you say I could be reading something else into it.

And it’s not a good entrance tune, it’s shit

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I think Punk's behaviour has actually probably damaged his drawing power. A lot of fans might have gone off him, I know I have. It'll be up to him to prove himself as a draw. I don't think AEW have particularly done anything worthy of criticism in regards to how he has/has not been presented on television. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

I think Punk's behaviour has actually probably damaged his drawing power. A lot of fans might have gone off him, I know I have. It'll be up to him to prove himself as a draw. I don't think AEW have particularly done anything worthy of criticism in regards to how he has/has not been presented on television. 

Punk has been a bellend his entire career. This behaviour isn't new for him at all. Perhaps you are just tired of tolerating his bullshit, so it's not him that's changed really, it's you, which I can totally understand.