• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Ah, so it’s one of those “well they explained it on Being The Elite” scenarios, just like in the early days.

I don't know that it's so complicated that it needs explaining. It's a song they like. They've used it on the indies and they used it on BTE in the past. This isn't some secret origin you're missing. It's like assuming there was some massive explanation needed for Punk starting to use Cult of Personality.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Punk has been a bellend his entire career. This behaviour isn't new for him at all. Perhaps you are just tired of tolerating his bullshit, so it's not him that's changed really, it's you, which I can totally understand.

It can definitely be a bit of both. My mate was a huge CM Punk fan when he was in WWE and knew nothing of his indy days. Was buzzing when he debuted in AEW but now would be happy if he never came back at all.

That being said there will be people who expect this type of behaviour from Punk and have just grew up when he hasn’t.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Ah, so it’s one of those “well they explained it on Being The Elite” scenarios, just like in the early days.

As for your second point, that and “there’ll be peace when you are done” are what I read to be taking aim at Punk, but as you say I could be reading something else into it.

And it’s not a good entrance tune, it’s shit

3 points, all awful takes.

@Lion_of_the_Midlands Punk was injured in the match, there was talk at the time the reason he kicked off as much as he'd did at the press conference, prior to the fight, was because he knew he was about to be gone again for months. Whether that was the plan or to hang on for the new show, I don't know. 

• Paid Members

I think Punk’s most recent dickhead behaviour has harmed him way more than previously because of the environment he was in. Previously, you could blame it on the big bad WWE, but here? This was supposed to be him, “returning to pro-wrestling.” A fresh start, with a clean slate, where he got everything he could ever want, and he still acted up.

It’s mad because I’d argue that before it all turned to shit his stock had never been so high. The Kingston and MJF feuds were all-timers and he was having the run of his life. The speed in which everything went wrong is incredible. The perfect storm of shit. He started having these weird, awkward feuds, with a horrible undercurrent of backstage tension and bitterness. Then he made himself look a bit of a tit trying to hit moves he wasn’t athletic enough to land. Then he exposed himself to be massively injury prone, getting hurt loads in quick succession. Then finally he exposed himself to a be a selfish, immature, paranoid, muffin-scoffing nutter. All of it has contributed.

I’m not even saying The Elite were innocent in the whole thing, and I imagine their carry on in that Chicago match hasn’t helped, nor Jericho’s passive aggressive Colt Cabana thing, but at least they had the privilege of wrestling every week, so the story carried on and changed. What’s Punk done since Brawl Out other than continue acting a tit, this time on Instagram? The dark cloud still looms over Punk. He’s been in dog shit stasis for months.

I hope he can claw it back and hit the ground running, but looking at the proposed Collision roster, beyond the Samoa Joe match, there’s not much I’m particularly excited about. Tony should just  grow some balls and go for it. Draw a line under everything and swing for the fences. Announce the first main event for Collision as CM Punk and FTR vs. The Elite. Summer of spunk.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Then finally he exposed himself to a be a selfish, immature, paranoid, muffin-scoffing nutter.

Laughing at the use of the words 'finally' and 'exposed' in this sentence. The only new information exposed was that the man likes a muffin.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Punk has been a bellend his entire career. This behaviour isn't new for him at all. Perhaps you are just tired of tolerating his bullshit, so it's not him that's changed really, it's you, which I can totally understand.

Considering the very mixed reaction his return announcement got from the live crowd, fans chanting "fuck CM Punk" in Chicago and the less than spectacular ticket sales for his return...no, it's definitely not just me.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I hope he can claw it back and hit the ground running, but looking at the proposed Collision roster, beyond the Samoa Joe match, there’s not much I’m particularly excited about. Tony should just  grow some balls and go for it. Draw a line under everything and swing for the fences. Announce the first main event for Collision as CM Punk and FTR vs. The Elite. Summer of spunk.

Who is that match appealing to at this point though? I know we’re a vocal minority on here but the UKFF can’t be the only place fed up of moany bastards like FTR and Punk. We also had an actual month-long shoot so a worked shoot match isn’t going to mean a lot.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Supremo said:

D7DA2508-F2D1-48A9-B176-F3ACA03B99EF.thumb.jpeg.adba58374a68410e0d14d15e823096fc.jpeg

So many announcements to essentially just say, “CM Punk isn’t drawing like we’d hoped.”

Still, one can only dream. Punk vs. Double J feels so close you could taste it!

I am going to be controversial here, but this has been bugging me.

What is AEW supposed to do? They have a brand new show launching. They want to promote it because they want people watching it at home. Yes, they want people to pay for tickets, but they also want their new show to do well. Why should they not be hyping it up? Every episode of Raw they have a video promo for the next Smackdown, Smackdown does the same for Raw. Is the issue here that there is an announcement, for an announcement for their new show?

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I am going to be controversial here, but this has been bugging me.

What is AEW supposed to do? They have a brand new show launching. They want to promote it because they want people watching it at home. Yes, they want people to pay for tickets, but they also want their new show to do well. Why should they not be hyping it up? Every episode of Raw they have a video promo for the next Smackdown, Smackdown does the same for Raw. Is the issue here that there is an announcement, for an announcement for their new show?

You're right, in that besides the initial mystery announcement, everything has been specificially focused on promoting Collision. It's just has any of it been particularly good promotion?

Can't recall if the show & tour were announced together, then the reveal of the 1st Collision location, return of CM Punk, and now Collision's 1st main event (aka Punk's first match back).

It's one of the few times I wish he had leaned into his love of tournaments. Could do all of the above under the guise of setting up the Owen Hart Cup. Here's the participants = surprise CM Punk's back, here's the bracket and it all kicks off on the 1st Collision. That would also show what's going to be on Collision in the coming weeks, as I don't think the CM Punk show/land of misfit toys roster split talk has really helped things.

• Paid Members

Orange vs Swerve tonight. Swerve kind of needs to win this one to step up to the next level on the roster. He's ready and I can't think of anyone better to take the title off Cassidy. 

However...I love Orange Cassidy and this brilliant title run and don't want him to lose. I'm fully invested in this. Love it.

My guess is most the rest of the show will probably be the start of Forbidden Door build up. If Punk vs Joe isn't announced for Collision hopefully it's Punk vs RUSH. I'd be intrigued to see how Punk reacts when RUSH no sells all his offense. 

5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I'd be intrigued to see how Punk reacts when RUSH no sells all his offense. 

Just out of spite I'd love it if this happens and we get toys thrown out within the first few weeks

Punks only running collision until Big Bill takes it over. He’s your Saturday night get the mums watching and the dads believing wrestler. 

• Paid Members

Yeah Big Bill's improvement has been astounding honestly. I didn't see any of the interim time between WWE and arriving in AEW. Always thought he was terribly bland as Big Cass. He's used the time turn himself into a greek god and find his calling as a prick heel. I also like that it's part of his character that he's kinda dumb and too cocky/over confident. For a mid card giant I think that's a great reason for him to lose to smaller guys that I find believable. Physically he has all the tools but he can be outplayed. He also has absolutely hysterical facial expressions that I don't recall seeing at all when he was in WWE. Did not expect to ever be a fan of the guy but he has made it so. 

Edited by JLM