• Paid Members

It's staggering the difference losing an I can make. The Paige Pop is a damp fart on a summer evening, but the Page Pop is like a nuclear detonation. Great storytelling over a long period is hard to do because as wrestling fans we are not encouraged to remember history because dodgy booking decisions means that whoever is in charge wants to rewrite what has happened to suit today's needs. Hangman and The Elite has been done incredibly well to this point. Let's hope the payoff lives up to the build. 

Absolutely fantastic. Last 2 weeks have been superb. AEW always seem to hit their stride around this time of year. BCC V The Elite has been fantastic and still could go in so many ways.

I know some people are down on Punk's return, but personally bring it on. All this going on in AEW is positive to me

Hangman in an eye patch. Money

• Paid Members

I had a ton of fun with this show so don't want to sound too negative but some of the booking around the world title was ropey as fuck:

- I loved the OC/Allin vs Moriarty/Bill match itself ( huge Big Bill fan) and much happier to watch that than Kyle Fletcher but in terms of the two main stories with OC/Allin it made no sense. Why are they even teaming? Why is Allin doing a random tag match when he's number one contender? If the OC story is that he's being ground down by title defenses then why is he doing a tag match instead of another title defence? What does either man have to gain? Fantastic match...illogical though.

- Surely you want your title challengers to look as strong as possible going into the PPV right? Well booking Jungle Boy to get relentlessly hammered to smithereens by a dominant Rush is definitely not the best way to go. Perry won with a FLUKE PIN! Madness. Another great match but I'd happily watch a proper seperate feud with these two. Rush beating up Perry and no selling him to the point I was wondering if he was going business for himself is definitely not the best way to make a title challenger look like a real threat. And again, why is this match happening? Perry has a title shot lined up, why would he need to or even agree to fight a hardnut psychopath like Rush?

- so Sammy is a babyface now?! Did I miss the bit inbetween him being MJF's sycophantic friend to now being against MJF and refusing to take the dive? Fucking weird. Also Sammy is absolutely perfect at the dickhead sidekick role...he's not a credible singles act on his own.

Yeah, just some very all over the place bad storytelling with this title match. I'll post my positives of the show (of which there are many) later.

Edited by LaGoosh

That's two Dynamites in a row that I've loved, top to bottom (with the exception of the Outcasts stuff). Hot AEW Summer continues.

Also: fuck CM Punk. Throwing his toys out of the pram, after the huge amount of work put in and consideration given to him, despite his insanity at Brawl Out, just shows you can't trust him. If I were Tony Khan in this situation, I'd be done now. Let him sit out his contract and he can go see if Papa H will give him a run after that.

26 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

MJF vs Bryan would have been fun if he hadn't turned heel.

Bryan’s always been a heel. He was a heel in the last MJF match. And now looks to be avoiding contact again so I’d not get any hopes up on that happening again 

• Paid Members

👍 Elite/BCC Business - Fantastic conclusion to the show and the perfect way to bring young Hangman back into the picture. A memorable moment that sets the tone nicely for what's going to be an epic showdown at the PPV. I wasn't sure about the build for this at first, but as the weeks go by and the tension builds, it makes for epic scenarios like this. Perfectly executed by all involved. Lovely, lovely stuff. Fully support the positivity on these pages gushing over his angle. 

👍 FTR/Lethal Connection business - Fantastic. Loved Dash hating Lethal so much he tried to rip the clothes off of his back, and Cash's punches looked great. Also liked Jarrett reaching into the abyss for help as FTR prowled over him before the surprise. The whole build to this has been brilliant - Karen making an appearance makes it more intriguing and the odds are really stacked against FTR now at the PPV. 

👍 Double J in general. 

👍 Double J's spiffy red shoes and guitars. 

👍 Wardlow/Christian business - Initially I did wonder if Wardlow perhaps looked a touch too soft, but he was dealt a quite literally low blow, attacked two-on-one, with a ladder, and it served as a vehicle for the backstage interaction with Arn to set up the ladder match itself for Double or Nothing. It also makes you want to see Wardlow destroy that snivelling, turtleneck wearing turd (kayfabe, I'm sure he's a good egg) at his own game. 

👍 Orange Cassidy/Darby vs Lee Moriarty/Big Bill - Smashing opener that keeps the momentum going for the two babyfaces on their respective journeys. 

👍 On a totally separate note, all interactions between Rene and Orange Cassidy are to be treasured. Wonderful stuff "I'll fight them all, let's do a 20-man battle royal...oh, wait, Rene do you want to be in it?" 

👍 Women's six-person tag - Nothing wrong with this at all, very good standard. Bring on Storm vs Hayter at the PPV. 

👍 Chris Jericho/Roderick Strong - This was bonkers and thoroughly entertaining. Cole getting a bit of revenge on Jericho outside of the arena was a nice touch. Another match I'm looking forward to at a show that is going to have a lot to live up to at this rate. 

👍 Jungle Boy/Rush - Another good pairing this week with some really eye-catching technical transitions and good brawling too. Interesting finish - another potential tease that Jungle Boy is headed towards the darkside? The three pillars doing a little staredown at the end further builds intrigue. Some good business tonight on that front. 

👍 MJF is such a despicable cunt. How dare he do that to lovely Rene. 

👍 Jay White/Ricky Starks - Fine and dandy, built up really nicely to a hot conclusion. No issue with Ricky using the chair - he knew they were going to keep fucking about so he chose to fight fire with fire. Sometimes it's nice to see a babyface do that rather than falling for the same heel distractions time and time again. 

👎 Sammy G squash - Only gets thumbs down because it was too short to be anything of note and it just served as vehicle to continue Sammy's build to the PPV. The post-match promo was fine and dandy though. 

👎 Only other tiny blemish for me - Just before Adam Cole appeared, Roddy Strong appeared to be backing off in a rather cowardly manner from Jericho. Looks a bit naff if a babyface does that. 

Overall - EXCELLENT show this week. Top action, top angle advancement with a memorable ending to boot. Roll on Double or Nothing. Power firmly with AEW this week. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members
Just now, Fatty Facesitter said:

Only other tiny blemish for me - Just before Adam Cole appeared, Roddy Strong appeared to be backing off in a rather cowardly manner from Jericho. Looks a bit naff if a babyface does that. 

I thought this at first but in retrospect I think it was more Roddy playing possum to get Jericho to walk into the Adam Cole attack.

4 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Only other tiny blemish for me - Just before Adam Cole appeared, Roddy Strong appeared to be backing off in a rather cowardly manner from Jericho. Looks a bit naff if a babyface does that.

Was I the only one that saw this and went "he's playing Jericho here" 

Seemed obvious even from last week when Strong made the challenge and terms.