CBBC or CITV

SuperBacon

• Paid Members
Just now, neil said:

For my age, talking 90s here, CBBC was more consistent overall. CITV had some good stuff but a lot of shite too. Could definitely get dicey at 5pm on CBBC,

That's true, also the established "serious" shows were pretty good (Grange Hill or Byker Grove etc), but you could get stuck with some adaptation of a boring book you've never wanted to read. 

I thought CBBC was a bit shit. Blue Peter and News round were fucking boring and I never got in to Biker Grove or Grange Hill. Round the Twist was good but that was it. Andy Peters also came across like a creepy weirdo as did Phillip Schofield. 

CITV had Duckula, Victor and Hugo, Fun House, Spatz, Knightmare, Press Gang and Art attack. 

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

I don't have any real recollections of watching either loyally, but do remember watching the programs. When i think back to my childhood the things that spring to mind at DJ Kat during the weekdays before school (would leave for school as Mrs. Pepperpot was starting), then The Fun Factory on Sky One on the weekends which was back to back cartoons for like 6 hours.

OIP.jpg.0f90e27c9e01f4f7bb13fd5f05173811.jpg

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, gmoney said:

That's true, also the established "serious" shows were pretty good (Grange Hill or Byker Grove etc), but you could get stuck with some adaptation of a boring book you've never wanted to read. 

Aye, those 25 minutes until Neighbours came on could be brutal.

• Paid Members

I always found it somewhat seasonal too, CITV always seemed better in the winter.

BBC had some amazing shows on it like Round the Twist, Dizzy Heights Hotel and Alfonso Bonzo, but CITV always had the more edgier and funnier shows. Shows like Round the Bend and Zzzap would never see the light of day on the Beeb, but we're top shows that I loved.

I always felt CBBC was let down by Blue fucking Peter and Newsround, CITV would be on my box at that time, but an eye on the time and a finger Ina remote for Neighbours starting.

CITV for me, Knightmare, Bad Influence, Spatz, Mike and Angelo, Funhouse and Art Attack were all programmes I loved. CBBC had a few I liked, but as someone else mentioned, as I got older, I paid more attention to CBBC mainly because of Katy Hill on Blue Peter and Ellie Crisell on Newsround!

Edited by Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, gmoney said:

Reboot was absolute shite. 

CBBC for me, but I'd switch over for Sabrina. 

Of course it was shite. At the time it looked impressive though. But Round the Bend, Knightmare, pretty much all the Cosgrove Hall stuff. CITV had some great stuff.

The seasonal shout is great though. Often the BBC would blow through the good stuff and show any old shite instead. At least CITV had a bit more consistency about it over all.

44 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Round the Bend

What a show.

I know it’s already been mentioned, but Knightmare really was that good. Real Ghostbusters. I swear I watched Dogtanian on CITV though I think it was on CBBC originally. Raccoons was probably my favourite CBBC show, though was that Saturday mornings only? Can’t remember now. 

I think I always wanted to like CBBC more, like post invasion WWE, where you knew Raw was the flagship brand but Smackdown was better overall. 

1 hour ago, Teedy Kay said:

I always felt CBBC was let down by Blue fucking Peter and Newsround, CITV would be on my box at that time, but an eye on the time and a finger Ina remote for Neighbours starting.

I'm pretty sure CITV finished at 5pm. On CBBC had Newsround at 5pm, Blue Peter at 5:10pm, then Neighbours at 5:35pm.

As much as I loved Katy Hill, I was always a Konnie Huq guy.