CBBC or CITV

SuperBacon

Also a bit of love here for 'The Movie Game'.

True story but in my teenage years I was fortunate enough to meet Katy Hill...and got a kiss off her! Many many many many a wank.....even now. She's still amazing now. 

I was definitely a CBBC fan and with a bit of CITV thrown in for the likes of Tots TV and suchlike. 

• Paid Members

I think I favoured CITV more, but I know that I'd be flicking between channels depending on what was on.  My Dad was very much against us wasting our lives watching TV, so having a bunch of kids shows at a time when he wasn't back from work yet was great.

Before that, we did get to watch Blue Peter ('cos my Mum liked it, and had most of the books), which I didn't mind so much because they'd do features on Doctor Who, Blakes 7 (yes, I have a Scorpio communicator bracelet) or The Tripods, along with the occasional motorcycle display team.

Having two sisters was a pain in the arse, because it meant arguing over who got to watch what. I remember missing a particularly pivotal episode toward the end of Mysterious Cities of Gold because my little sister got to choose.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

Channel 4 fucked them all quite hard of a weekend morning. Peter Engels productions, Boy a meets World, having a wank over the one with massive tits in Malibu CA.

Saved By The Bell was cracking. I think I watched more California Dreams in Sky than Channel 4, and Malibu CA might just have been after my time, mind you that didn't stop me burning through goodness knows how many series of Power Rangers in Fox Kids/Jetix.

Didn't C4 get Catdog and Rocko's Modern Life as well? It's like they had the Nick/Trouble hookup, ITV had Cartoon Network's library on tap, and the BBC seemed to have had Fox Kids on side because I remember spending so many summer holidays watching X-Men and Spider-Man, then Power Rangers on ITV after Timmy Mallet had finished. I stayed at my Gran's the week they showed Green With Evil, and wouldn't even have my breakfast until after I'd watched Power Rangers in the morning. 

Channel 4 had Biker Mice From Mars, and some decent cartoons on a Sunday morning. 

17 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

might just have been after my time, mind you that didn't stop me burning through goodness knows how many series of Power Rangers in Fox Kids/Jetix.

I stayed at my Gran's the week they showed Green With Evil

Some of us didn't get to see that vital episode till borrowing the VHS from a classmate in Year 7, only for the box to be spotted in our bag by a girl who immediately broadcast the discovery to all her friends.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Some of us didn't get to see that vital episode till borrowing the VHS from a classmate in Year 7, only for the box to be spotted in our bag by a girl who immediately broadcast the discovery to all her friends.

I was like well towards the end of high school and hanging out with the nerdy kids who would also just mark out over Power Rangers.I also remember videoing the episodes on Sky because I was in work experience at the time, and wouldn't be in to watch them, so I'd tape them and watch them when I got home from "work". This was getting towards the end of the second series and included a three part episode where Lord Zedd had an evil clone of Tommy so they could use some Zyuranger Vs Dairanger footage. 

Bit of a random one...does anyone remember a live-action CITV show in 1997 or 98, when Steven Mulhern and Danielle Nicholls were presenting, in which two kids were searching for their missing dad, who himself, it turns out, had gone looking for their missing mum? I can't remember its name for the life of me, and I can't find any evidence of it ever existing. To the younger version of me, it was Breaking Bad levels of brilliant. 

EDIT: This had me going down a bit of a rabbit hole, and trawling the TV listings here, until I found out that it was a show called Retrace: 

In spite of that, I was probably a CBBC kid. It's hard to compete with the likes of Rugrats, The Animals of Farthing Wood and Fantastic Max. 

Edited by RedRooster

18 hours ago, Edgehead said:

wow as a lifelong poor sleeper I would regularly watch this before going off to do a paper round but have literally not thought about it in 20+ years, even if the idiom 'eat your words' came up. Which is weird because visually the show is the stuff of nightmares, all mad visuals and sick eating games (that's sick eating, not sick-eating).

I also do not remember Konnie Huq on it either - I think I remember Simon Parkin or maybe even Mark Speight (RIP).