The The Undertaker Is A Twat Thread

Jonny Vegas

4 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

He spent the most part of his career playing a character that 99 tries out of 100 would go into the wrestlecrap category and it's miraculous he had such success with it.

Alternatively, like Kamala, he was perfect for the role and made it brilliant whereas anyone else would’ve made it wrestlecrap. 

Sure, he’s a massive dickhead, but fleecing marks is the name of the game[/NashATMremark]. And retconning his career because he’s such a fucking arsehole should be extended to a lot of fan favourites if we are doing that with Taker. 

Didn't watch his HOF speech or any of the others but heard he never thanked Foley ( who I know gets a lot of shit on here ) so that makes him a twat to me. Was never really a fan of Taker as a kid and used to dread his PPV matches until Mankind rolled around in 96 and pretty much revitalised his career, in my eyes anyway 

Easy for people to forget things in speeches etc but Mankind played a real big part in his career and I remember Bret Hart's induction where he went out his way to put over everyone who had helped him 

Where's that pic of him in his SS shirt when doing one of the WWF European tours. 

The Last Ride doc definitely turned me completely off him, from his wardrobe of awful slogan klaxons to that tragic scene where he's in full gear next to Bret Hart, a stroke survivor and much older, but Bret looks so more healthy and content. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Exhibit A:

spacer.png

You take that back. American Badass Taker with the shit music is peak Taker.

He does strike me as, you know, a bit of a, you know, a twat, you know. 

• Paid Members

Yeah he’s a twat in general but fleecing people for signatures is the least of it. Michael J Fox was charging £500 for a signature and photo a couple of years back, it’s the name of the game. Being best mates with neo nazis and being a Blue Lives Matter twat are far worse crimes.

7 hours ago, Louch said:

The event tickets and rookie cards are due to them they being worth multiples of what the item was unsigned. Happening across most signings now. If his action makes it worth thousands, I get why he wouldn’t when he doesn’t then see that return. Also devalues future signings when he says he will sign say 5 cards at 1000 each. 

See I'll never understand this. I mean I would never pay for an autograph as I just don't see the point, a photo of you with said celeb is different, but as a tight Yorkshire man I also don't bother with anyone who thinks a photo with them is worth more than £50! 

But why would undertaker care that him getting paid his agreed fee to sign something that would then have a high resale value bother him? He doesn't own the merch that is collectable (maybe he should invest) and is getting paid a decent sum to spend 10 seconds signing something. Surely if the resale value bothers him he should sign as many as he can to reduce the value, otherwise he's only increasing their worth?

Not personalising I get due to time and the fact the miserable twat would have to engage with his superfans.

I was at FTLOW a few years ago and people who paid ÂŁ150 and queued hours for a pic got one with a man who looked miserable and uninterested...anyway rant over....but that's why I think he's a twat....well one of the reasons anyway

• Paid Members

I'm not that bothered about the fact that he's become a massive interview and shoot whore in the last couple of years, I'm more bothered about the fact that he's really, really fucking boring. If he was going out there and doing Kevin Nash-level stuff, I could slightly forgive him for being a daft fascist cunt but I don't think he's come out with a single interesting thing since he started opening his gob to anyone that will have him on. If you're prepared to spend that amount of money on him then you're a bigger pillock than he is.

5 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Alternatively, like Kamala, he was perfect for the role and made it brilliant whereas anyone else would’ve made it wrestlecrap. 

Kamala had a level though which for me Undertaker should have. There's been plenty of ridiculous gimmicks that were very entertaining, take Santino for example. 

I understand why so many people found him entertaining, I just never did and find it bizarre that someone who played a ghost in pretend fights for 30 years genuinely believes he is a legit tough man and comments negatively on others.

6 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Kamala had a level though which for me Undertaker should have. There's been plenty of ridiculous gimmicks that were very entertaining, take Santino for example. 

I understand why so many people found him entertaining, I just never did and find it bizarre that someone who played a ghost in pretend fights for 30 years genuinely believes he is a legit tough man and comments negatively on others.

Yeah, wasn’t it Tracy Smothers he was banging on to about how young uns don’t play dommies and prefer video games, and act like a fag to get themselves over and he replied “How long have you been a zombie for now, Mark?”

10 hours ago, NavigatorFan said:

But why would undertaker care that him getting paid his agreed fee to sign something that would then have a high resale value bother him? He doesn't own the merch that is collectable (maybe he should invest) and is getting paid a decent sum to spend 10 seconds signing something. Surely if the resale value bothers him he should sign as many as he can to reduce the value, otherwise he's only increasing their worth?

Cause as I said, in the future he can have a session where he only signs a few of those items, and can charge a few grand a signature to do so. Why sign for 200 now when you can get 2 grand later on? 

9 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah, wasn’t it Tracy Smothers he was banging on to about how young uns don’t play dommies and prefer video games, and act like a fag to get themselves over and he replied “How long have you been a zombie for now, Mark?”

Which tough guy Mark allegedly responded to in the most hard man way possible. 

By crying to management.