The The Undertaker Is A Twat Thread

Jonny Vegas

I saw today that the man himself is appearing at something called MegaCon on 20th May and amongst charging $229 for an autograph ($249 if it's on a title belt) he's also refusing to sign items such as event tickets and trading cards. He's also charging an extra $99 if you want HOF 22 next to his signature.

Now maybe you could give the benefit of the doubt and suggest that perhaps he's sick of signing things only for them to be put on eBay however firstly...he isn't signing it in an airport lobby...he's BEING PAID MINIMUM $229 per one. On top of that he's refusing to personalise anything...when doing so would drastically reduce the chances/value of resale.

For me it's the latest in a long line of examples that "The Deadman" is a twat.

A hugely overrated guy who is the world's biggest mark for himself. He spent the most part of his career playing a character that 99 tries out of 100 would go into the wrestlecrap category and it's miraculous he had such success with it.

Add in him genuinely believing he is a bonafide hard man and could have mixed it with those in the UFC.

In short, The Undertaker is a twat, please share other examples.

13 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

I saw today that the man himself is appearing at something called MegaCon on 20th May and amongst charging $229 for an autograph ($249 if it's on a title belt) he's also refusing to sign items such as event tickets and trading cards. He's also charging an extra $99 if you want HOF 22 next to his signature.

Now maybe you could give the benefit of the doubt and suggest that perhaps he's sick of signing things only for them to be put on eBay however firstly...he isn't signing it in an airport lobby...he's BEING PAID MINIMUM $229 per one. On top of that he's refusing to personalise anything...when doing so would drastically reduce the chances/value of resale.

A hugely overrated guy who is the world's biggest mark for himself. He spent the most part of his career playing a character that 99 tries out of 100 would go into the wrestlecrap category and it's miraculous he had such success with it.

Add in him genuinely believing he is a bonafide hard man and could have mixed it with those in the UFC.

In short, The Undertaker is a twat, please share other examples.

Not to defend any of his pricing or conditions, but often it's the agents that set those conditions rather than the actual talent. I've seen it at other cons where you're told certain things aren't allowed to be personalised only for the talent to then say "who am I making this out to?" when you get to the front of the queue.

It'll likely be his team who are breaking down the costing as well. 

12 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

There’s far bigger reasons to think he’s a twat rather than fleecing superfans. If they want to part with $229 (minimum) for his autograph then that’s on them, nobody is making that happen other than themselves. Not everyone’s going to fork over an extra $99 for the added ‘HOF 22’, but there are some that will.
It’s like how KISS allow people to pay to watch them soundcheck. If people are willing to pay for it, then of course he’s going to take their money, same as the vast majority of us would

This is not unusual practice at all, especially when it comes to sports memorabilia and things like that. Go and check what astronauts charge and their pricing structures.

Whether it's something you're willing to pay or not is of course down to the individual, but plenty of people do.

Yeh plenty better reasons to dislike.   If people are willing to pay that, that's their problem isn't it?   

For me in his HOF speech when the said the best thing about meeting his wife was that she introduced him to Jesus Christ - I just thought what a twat.   Bit of an insult to your children isn't it.

The event tickets and rookie cards are due to them they being worth multiples of what the item was unsigned. Happening across most signings now. If his action makes it worth thousands, I get why he wouldn’t when he doesn’t then see that return. Also devalues future signings when he says he will sign say 5 cards at 1000 each. 

Yeah it's very much about the reselling. So things like footballers on specific shirts or balls or photos of important moments etc. Depends on demand.

There's often 'completion' fees for things like football teams or groups of astronauts where if that person is the last one to sign it, it's far more than just an individual autograph.

I lost any childhood love for the Taker years ago; completely believes his own hype, thinks he a genuine hard man because he's been booked like a monster for 30 years, criticizes men for playing their 'game boy switches' whilst he dresses up and plays a zombie every week, supposed to be this 'rebel biker' when he has spent all his career being a Yes man to the boss, it goes on and on.

Every media interview he seems to do is a borderline car crash, I genuinely think within a few years he will say something and basically find himself 'cancelled' and WWE distancing themselves from him.

Genuinely don't know if i would bother go watch him wrestle if he rocked up at my local leisure center for £10 a ticket, genuinely more interested in watching the UK Taker

UK Taker is canonically the real Undertaker in my head, he let us arse about with his collection of intercontinental titles with different color straps and everything for free, real Undertaker never even won the intercontinental belt.

Edited by Cannibal Man