Depp v. Heard

neil

• Paid Members

They should play "Pour Some Sugar On Me" as an outro every time someone exits the court room.

That's right - there should always be music when someone has...

😎

...Left Depp/Heard.

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

They should play "Pour Some Sugar On Me" as an outro every time someone exits the court room.

That's right - there should always be music when someone has...

😎

...Left Depp/Heard.

I get it but I really, really don't like it.

• Moderators
On 4/24/2022 at 5:10 PM, Vamp said:

I'm getting loads of those videos on YouTube as well. I've genuinely no idea why. I mainly watch Jurassic Park and wrestling videos so fuck knows why the algorithm thinks I'd be interested. 

This is happening to me as well to the extent that I've had to turn off notifications from YouTube. It's wild! Never seen a campaign like this before to my knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard's testimony this week has been horrific.  Either she's the greatest actress ever, or Depp was a violent alcoholic and drug abuser.

9 minutes ago, Loki said:

Heard's testimony this week has been horrific.  Either she's the greatest actress ever, or Depp was a violent alcoholic and drug abuser.

But but but she directly quoted The Talented Mr Ripley because someone involved in the film industry would never use film quotes in real life, like an author wouldn’t have literary passages in their everyday life. Plus some body language expert on YouTube broke down her facial tics as absolute proof she is lying. Johnny would never do such things, if anything he would only do it if provoked like the numerous instances he has done it before in his life, he isn’t to blame. Also how dare TURD mention his daughter being underage and having a twentysomething man stay over. I mean so what Johnny was in his late 20s when he started dating 17 year old Winona Ryder, he knows how to parent. If he didn’t he would ask his daughters godfather Marilyn Manson for advice. Justice for Johnny etc. 

I can see parallels with inquiries into institutional racism in the UK. There have been seven of them in the last 10 or so years. The first six concluded that there is institutional racism in the UK, the last one said there wasn’t. I wonder why a certain section of society hold up the results of the last one but dismiss the first six? If Depp loses this case, and another and another but then wins or gets a vindication on a smaller matter, his cult will see that one as proof and not any previous cases because of their confirmation bias. 

My person and unfounded opinion on this is Depp was violent and a big substance abuser in his past. He then met and married the love of his life and when he split with her (just before he started seeing/grooming Heard) that loss triggered his destructive tendencies again. It doesn’t excuse what he did though. I also think she’s quite horrible as well but despite what the Depp cult tells you, this isn’t a pick a side situation. It’s possible to think the relationship brought out the worst in both of them. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

But but but she directly quoted The Talented Mr Ripley because someone involved in the film industry would never use film quotes in real life, like an author wouldn’t have literary passages in their everyday life. Plus some body language expert on YouTube broke down her facial tics as absolute proof she is lying. Johnny would never do such things, if anything he would only do it if provoked like the numerous instances he has done it before in his life, he isn’t to blame. Also how dare TURD mention his daughter being underage and having a twentysomething man stay over. I mean so what Johnny was in his late 20s when he started dating 17 year old Winona Ryder, he knows how to parent. If he didn’t he would ask his daughters godfather Marilyn Manson for advice. Justice for Johnny etc. 

I can see parallels with inquiries into institutional racism in the UK. There have been seven of them in the last 10 or so years. The first six concluded that there is institutional racism in the UK, the last one said there wasn’t. I wonder why a certain section of society hold up the results of the last one but dismiss the first six? If Depp loses this case, and another and another but then wins or gets a vindication on a smaller matter, his cult will see that one as proof and not any previous cases because of their confirmation bias. 

My person and unfounded opinion on this is Depp was violent and a big substance abuser in his past. He then met and married the love of his life and when he split with her (just before he started seeing/grooming Heard) that loss triggered his destructive tendencies again. It doesn’t excuse what he did though. I also think she’s quite horrible as well but despite what the Depp cult tells you, this isn’t a pick a side situation. It’s possible to think the relationship brought out the worst in both of them. 

Are we completely disregarding her taped confessions? Her testimony has been odd. Her behavior is not what you would expect from an abuse victim. The stories told are indeed disgusting. As are the stories Depp told. I guess it comes down to whose version you end up believing, or if you feel both were victims of abuse and are both awful people who shouldn't have been together.  

• Paid Members
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

How should an abuse victim behave?

Victims of abuse would not normally look at their abuser when going into details. (and I have seen this first hand when on jury duty, and this is listening to body language experts reporting on this). When Depp gave his testimony he wouldn't look in her direction, but she stared at him. When she is giving hers, she is talking to the jury or at Depp. Also, there have been no witnesses that have seen any of the bruising or cuts. So either we are to believe Depp paid off the police and doctors, or the photos were doctored. Frankly, I don't think either is innocent of physical assault. 

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Victims of abuse would not normally look at their abuser when going into details.

I think it’s fair to say these aren’t normal people. I’ve pretty much watched the majority of her testimony and she has been either addressing the jury or her lawyer with the odd look at Depp. 

11 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Also, there have been no witnesses that have seen any of the bruising or cuts. So either we are to believe Depp paid off the police and doctors, or the photos were doctored.

Or, as per Depps previous statement, he accidentally head butted her which caused the bruising and split lip. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think it’s fair to say these aren’t normal people. I’ve pretty much watched the majority of her testimony and she has been either addressing the jury or her lawyer with the odd look at Depp. 

Or, as per Depps previous statement, he accidentally head butted her which caused the bruising and split lip. 

And yet, no-one saw the bruises or split lip (although which incident are we talking, because there’s more then 1 right?).

I disagree with your other statement. She’s definitely looked at him more then once when discussing incidents. But that’s  opinions right. Are views don’t count, the jury will be making the decision. But if the case is purely about the Op Ed, the rest of the facts are not relevant to the trial. Both their careers are tarnished whatever the verdict.